Why do people feel that everything should be easy to obtain?

Citywok

Why shouldn't I be able to get everything? We all pay for this game and my money is just as green as yours. I have to work so hard during the day why should I have to come home and work hard at night too?

They need to make this game easier or me and all my friends are gonna quit and with all the people leaving right now I think Bioware cares.

THIS IS A GAME!!!!! Games are meant to be fun, and obviously alot of people aren't having fun with the current difficulty so BW needs to cater to us and if you don't like it you're just gonna have to find someplace else because everybody knows we casuals pay the bills.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why shouldn't I be able to get everything? We all pay for this game and my money is just as green as yours. I have to work so hard during the day why should I have to come home and work hard at night too?

They need to make this game easier or me and all my friends are gonna quit and with all the people leaving right now I think Bioware cares.

THIS IS A GAME!!!!! Games are meant to be fun, and obviously alot of people aren't having fun with the current difficulty so BW needs to cater to us and if you don't like it you're just gonna have to find someplace else because everybody knows we casuals pay the bills.

Fun is subjective. For me fun is being challenged by obstacles that I have to over come. Not fun for me is having my hand held through a game because others are too incompetent or lazy to figure it out.

Fun is subjective. For me fun is being challenged by obstacles that I have to over come. Not fun for me is having my hand held through a game because others are too incompetent or lazy to figure it out.

Well fortunately for me most people on this planet are lazy and incompetent :D

Why? Entitlement.

99 out of a hundred threads are started by people who have it. The other 1 thread out of a hundred is started by people who want to berate the 99%.

Congratulations OP, you are the 1%.

I see what you did there, because technically it would take the same sense of entitlement to berate anyone, even if you are berating them for being entitled.

Or is that not what you meant? :)

Not totally true or we wouldn't be over 7 billion and still going strong :)

Yea but nearly half of those are starving, Europe is on the verge of default because of too many promised entitlements that can't be paid out, nearly half of all Americans are on some form of welfare or public assistance which has increased dramatically in recent years, just you wait and see what it's like in 20 years... Having kids doesn't make you any less lazy and incompetent... in fact with overpopulation growing worse and worse, I'd imagine the competent ones would choose NOT to add to the problem but thats just me...

Edited by Taurusaud

The whole fun vs work debate is kind of pointless. You spend 60 hours a week playing a game, you deserve and get more rewards FROM THE GAME. You spend 60 hours week doing something else, presumably you are somehow being compensated for that time.

The issue in my opinion is not "how much" but "how". Someone who spends their 15/mo and plays 20 hours a week on one toon, deserves as much reward as someone who plays 20 hours a week divided between 4 toons.

Grinding 1 lvl 50 to Warlord is as much "work" as leveling 2 50's of each faction. But BW is showing bias towards the latter playing style.

Yea but nearly half of those are starving, Europe is on the verge of default because of too many promised entitlements that can't be paid out, nearly half of all Americans are on some form of welfare or public assistance which has increased dramatically in recent years, just you wait and see what it's like in 20 years... Having kids doesn't make you any less lazy and incompetent... in fact with overpopulation growing worse and worse, I'd imagine the competent ones would choose NOT to add to the problem but thats just me...

I actually agree with you. The sort of growth being forecast is unsustainable. The world's resources are already being stretched to the limit, imagine how that will be with 15 billion people on the planet. Looking on the positive side that's more potential players for TOR :)

I'm sorry but this is exactly the attitude that is killing the MMO. MMO's are not games for the masses, they are games for MMO players. Bowling on the Wii is for "the masses".

That is hysterically wrong in so many ways.

You see the difference is that someone can accomplish what Mr. 12 hours a day is doing. It just takes them longer. .

Not within reason they can't. Have you been reading what these people are proposing? Seriously denial.

Where people like myself have been saying both play styles could be validated, there are games that do that already.

It doesn't have to be one way or the other. And it is sad that people are so selfish as to feel to have it their way only is the only way to validate themselves.

EQ, DAoC, Lineage 1 and 2, Final Fantasy mmo, and many many more, list goes on and on.

Knew you were going to say that. Sorry, not a huge success in comparison to the real ones that have player subs in the multi-millions. Your definition of huge success is a joke.

Many many pre WOW MMOs hit their target marks subscription and term wise.

Target mark is not a huge success. A success? Yes. Huge no. Widely popular, no. Niche, yes.

By asking this question with out actually answering the question submitted its pretty clear your just here to argue and talk nonsense so im done with you.

Your question was based on a lie. A strawman position I never took and I answered it. You are done with me because you know you don't have honest counter points and don't like it when people actually point out your lack of integrity in discussing this. Because that is what it is when you have to resort to dishonesty like using a strawman.

So a game should only have enough content so that someone who can only play a couple hours a day will be satisfied? If you don't want to earn things then go play a single-player game. Giving away everything to everyone = nothing to do. Don't you get it?

That is not what he said.

Man so sick of people who dishonestly have to twist what others say. Wow really?

Which means that this game is <NOT> catering to all types of players in the community because they are not catering to a part of the population. I just don't understand how in the same sentence you could say they are catering to all types of players but not hard core players. Thats like political double speak.

Once they cater to hardcore in the way you want they aren't making it accessible either.

/shrug.

What can I do, I'm apparently the minority.

Time for hardcores to start realizing that, and look for niche games that suit their styles rather than trying to force their way in every other game that aren't that way.

Right.

Cause the average Joe out there will totally see a Star Wars MMO as mainstream entertainment and not a nerd-o-palooza.

Star Wars MMO = Niche game in a niche market.

Star Wars is hardly niche. And MMOs are hardly a niche market anymore given how many are out there and how many people play them.

Fail on your part for both points.

Time for hardcores to start realizing that, and look for niche games that suit their styles rather than trying to force their way in every other game that aren't that way.

If hard core players are a minority where did 90% of all people on all servers go?

If hard core players are a minority where did 90% of all people on all servers go?

Completely fallacious argument, with nothing to support it's claim that those left are hardcore or not. That is your counter point?

Edited by Deyjarl

• 4 weeks later...