Operative/Scoundrel Healing in PvP

Umbradivus

I’m curious why there isn’t more outrage about Operative and Scoundrel healers. Operative and Scoundrel healers currently enjoy a gross advantage in PvP combat over both Sorcerers and Sages as well as Mercenaries and Commandos. Operatives and Scoundrels possess more methods of crowd control and escape than any of their counterparts, are more maneuverable while healing, are nearly immune to interrupts, and have a resource system that provides an utterly inexhaustible supply of healing.

Empirical evidence of their superiority is readily available by simply observing the results of several warzones and assessing the amount of healing provided by an Operative/Scoundrel and the amount of damage required to kill one (i.e. their Damage Taken to Deaths ratio). After minimal observation, one will quickly notice that Operatives/Scoundrels supply equal or superior amounts of outbound healing while routinely absorbing 150-175% more damage per death than either the Sorcerer/Sage or Mercenary/Commando.

Given the magnitude of this imbalance, I would have expected more displeasure from not only the PvP community in general, but from healers in particular. Why does this considerable inequity remain unaddressed?

Edited by Umbradivus

I’m curious why there isn’t more outrage about Operative and Scoundrel healers. Operative and Scoundrel healers currently enjoy a gross advantage in PvP combat over both Sorcerers and Sages as well as Mercenaries and Commandos. Operatives and Scoundrels possess more methods of crowd control and escape than any of their counterparts, are more maneuverable while healing, are nearly immune to interrupts, and have a resource system that provides an utterly inexhaustible supply of healing.

Empirical evidence of their superiority is readily available by simply observing the results of several warzones and assessing the amount of healing provided by an Operative/Scoundrel and the amount of damage required to kill one (i.e. their Damage Taken to Deaths ratio). After minimal observation, one will quickly notice that Operatives/Scoundrels supply equal or superior amounts of outbound healing while routinely absorbing 150-175% more damage per death than either the Sorcerer/Sage or Mercenary/Commando.

Given the magnitude of this imbalance, I would have expected more displeasure from not only the PvP community in general, but from healers in particular. Why does this considerable inequity remain unaddressed?

because every other popular healing class got nurfed to death people do not want to see the only remaining viable healing class get nurf batted too just to suit a bunch of whinners who cant DPS properly...

What do you mean you "...would have expected more displeasure from not only the PvP community in general, but from healers in particular?" Where on earth have you been? There have been SO many posts and comments about this topic that there is very little more to say about this. Basically anytime you see a post about healing you will find those arguing that operative/scoundrels are op'd and those arguing that sorcs/sages can keep up or are better.

They were warned about healing imbalance prior to 1.3. They nerfed a talent that actually benefits more scrappers than sawbones (nerf scrappers). Sawbones is still the healer AC with higher %bonus heal to self and to others even after the nerf.

They were warned about ptechs and maraduers prior to 1.3. They nerfed a legit mechanic that affected multiple classes and scrappers more than the others (nerf scrappers).

They were warned TTK was too low and people were getting zerged. They actually created a super gearing mechanic (full augs + passive trinkets) that DIMINISHES even more TTK in focus fire enviroments.

They were warned shadow tanks with dps gear were dealing too much damage for their survivability. They nerfed their LEGIT survivability (they are tanks dammit) and didnt touched their damage.

No wonder PvP in this game is slowly decaying. IT DESERVES TO DIE. Look at those decisions.

So much potential...

Edited by Laforet

because every other popular healing class got nurfed to death people do not want to see the only remaining viable healing class get nurf batted too just to suit a bunch of whinners who cant DPS properly...

I'm sorry but this is not a proper estimate of just how overpowered geared Operatives/Scoundrel healers are. Using a complete rotation alternating stuns and interrupts, I cannot drop one without at least 2-3 other people helping. That's 5 casts interrupted and the operative can laugh at it.

because every other popular healing class got nurfed to death people do not want to see the only remaining viable healing class get nurf batted too just to suit a bunch of whinners who cant dps properly...

^^^this

stop asking for nerfs and l2p your freakin class dude!!!!

I'm sorry but this is not a proper estimate of just how overpowered geared Operatives/Scoundrel healers are. Using a complete rotation alternating stuns and interrupts, I cannot drop one without at least 2-3 other people helping. That's 5 casts interrupted and the operative can laugh at it.

I on the other hand can kill anyone, maybe your "rotation" is crap.

Our other healing classes never complain about such nonsense. You must play with really bad healing sorcs or mercs (or perhaps you even play one). We always roll with 1 OP and 1 sorc/merc for healing in our ranked. There are no problems at all with them, I even envy mercs a bit at the moment for their survivability. Good healers are good, no matter the class. Period.

Get a proper tank and have proper peeling and stop crying about the world being bad to you. You surely need to step up your game.

Neededing 3-4 people to down a scoundrel healer? Calling your bluff. You must be a subpar player in recruit gear or less if you cannot kill one, generally 1 interrupt on UWM from a decent dps will put enough pressure on the healer to kill them. Clearly a L2P issue here. Stop trying to get the only viable spec for competitive Pvp we have nerfed

Neededing 3-4 people to down a scoundrel healer? Calling your bluff. You must be a subpar player in recruit gear or less if you cannot kill one, generally 1 interrupt on UWM from a decent dps will put enough pressure on the healer to kill them. Clearly a L2P issue here. Stop trying to get the only viable spec for competitive Pvp we have nerfed

Going to second this.

P.S. God forbid you need one other DPS to kill a healer. I know how hard it is to commincate and Focus fire in PvP. :rolleyes:

Going to second this.

P.S. God forbid you need one other DPS to kill a healer. I know how hard it is to commincate and Focus fire in PvP. :rolleyes:

Sorry i had 2/3 on my scoundrel healer lastnight took them ages to down me but in one match 2 jugs owned me badly

Hello I am stupid. I will complain about each class until it gets nerfed.

First I complained about Sage/sorcs, Now they are garbage YAY

Then I complained about scoundrel/Ops DPS, now its garbage YAY

Then I complained about Merc/ Commandos Now they are garbage YAY

Then I complained about assasin/shadows...so they nerfed juggs and BH?

I cant seem to get mara sents nerfed so Im gonna try to get the Scoundrels and ops nerfed again cuz I hate this game and its players.

Sorry i had 2/3 on my scoundrel healer lastnight took them ages to down me but in one match 2 jugs owned me badly

Sure if your guarded and they don't interrupt you you can get beat on by several dps, but he was trying to say that there were 3-4 people on one throwing 5 interrupts, if there 3-4 people on a healer you would not need 1 interupt