Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

swtor producer mentions GSF changes coming in 5.2.2!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
swtor producer mentions GSF changes coming in 5.2.2!

phalczen
05.09.2017 , 12:50 PM | #1
Here
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
Hey everyone,
  • The Nar Shaddaa Nightlife event returns with old and some awesome new rewards
  • New Character Perks to increase your speeder piloting speed to 120% and 130%
  • Companions will gain influence through standard crew skill missions
  • Full Tier 1 gear available from existing Fleet vendors using Command Tokens this means you can obtain a full bonus gear set for under 800 Command Tokens. You will be able to choose the type of gear you want to purchase (DPS, Tank, or Healer).
  • We made a variety of changes to Galactic Starfighter primarily aimed at reducing the cost, increasing requisition rewards, and offering all players a Gunship and Bomber as standard ships (available in your hangar).

I will continue to pass on roadmap updates as I have them. We do have an exciting year ahead of us and I look forward to sharing it you.

---Keith
I think Verain made the suggestion of giving free Bombers and Gunships back in Feb. Which means they must be lurking every now and then in the forums!

Hope springs eternal!
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

Kolskeggur
05.09.2017 , 01:26 PM | #2
Hopefully it doesn't mean a huge influx of more people who take the easy crap way so we get even more useless gunship standoff TDMs.
"No battle plan survives contact with the enemy." - Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

Neflarion
05.09.2017 , 02:42 PM | #4
... I just eyerolled so damn hard. All new characters start off with a strike, a scout, and a GUNSHIP, standard...

Ramalina
05.09.2017 , 03:32 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Neflarion View Post
... I just eyerolled so damn hard. All new characters start off with a strike, a scout, and a GUNSHIP, standard...
No they don't.

Only players who were subscribers during the December early access for the original release of the GSF update get the gunship free on their characters.

Everyone else just gets a T1 strike and a T1 scout.
"A padawan's master sets their Jedi trial, Rajivari set mine."
- Zhe Lian, Sage.

Twitch

Toraak
05.09.2017 , 04:45 PM | #6
The question is, (they didn't say) which GS, and which bomber they intend to give out. I personally believe the quarrel/Mangler should remain a subscriber reward.

If they gave the quarrel/mangler out, it would set a bad message to people for later Subscriber rewards. Why sub for a reward if they're just going to give them out later for free.
Referral Link: www.swtor.com/r/Q4Tp3P

Lendul
05.09.2017 , 06:17 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Toraak View Post
The question is, (they didn't say) which GS, and which bomber they intend to give out. I personally believe the quarrel/Mangler should remain a subscriber reward.

If they gave the quarrel/mangler out, it would set a bad message to people for later Subscriber rewards. Why sub for a reward if they're just going to give them out later for free.
Subs at GSF launch have enjoyed that advantage for over 3 years now. As one of those people I am completely willing to give up that 2.5k fleet requisition advantage for the better of the overall SWTOR community.

Pietrastor
05.09.2017 , 07:31 PM | #8
It's a good first step, but without faction-wide hangars GSF will never gain much traction.

Toraak
05.09.2017 , 07:37 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Lendul View Post
Subs at GSF launch have enjoyed that advantage for over 3 years now. As one of those people I am completely willing to give up that 2.5k fleet requisition advantage for the better of the overall SWTOR community.
Your missing the point Lendul. If they make available any sub reward, then they have no ground to stand on for future sub rewards. They'd have to make them all available to people at a later date.
Referral Link: www.swtor.com/r/Q4Tp3P

Pietrastor
05.09.2017 , 07:59 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Toraak View Post
Your missing the point Lendul. If they make available any sub reward, then they have no ground to stand on for future sub rewards. They'd have to make them all available to people at a later date.
Who caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaares. Do you want to see GSF increase in activity or not? If the answer is yes then they HAVE to make the entry barrier 10 times easier and encourage alt-GSFing. No one gives a crap about 3 years old "exclusivity" of a sub reward seriously.