My wife wants a "Clicker" class to lvl with me

Letsjet

any class can be played as a clicker... just takes good interface structure...

but i would suggest to take a healer or dot sorc/sage or burst mando as they dont have that high apm, they are ranged and are pretty easy to play ;)

A man should take the chance to teach her how to properly play a toon instead of letting her get used to the degenerate custom of clicking. It's not like keybinding is hard, you just have to practice until you're used to it which only takes some time.

A man should take the chance to teach her how to properly play a toon instead of letting her get used to the degenerate custom of clicking. It's not like keybinding is hard, you just have to practice until you're used to it which only takes some time.

"A man..." Really? You are going there? It's not like she is a dog and I should teach her a trick. She just wants to have fun without any learning curve, she doesn't give $hit, and she just wants to click. She just thinks whack-a-mole is more fun than faceroll

Outside of abilities 1-5 I click too. And I do just as good as anyone in the game on guardians. But then I'm no man either. :cool:

Id say she should primarily pick whatever class she finds most interesting... being a (full)clicker is absolutely fine dor leveling on most classes... Id keep away from Operative, Carnage Marauder, and healers tho.

I guess the easiest decision would be a marksmanship sniper... as the long casts and channels give you the opportunity to move your mouse... also its not very mobile and has high range... so movement is not that important to manage as on other classes... Also the Agents storyline is one of the best....

So my recommendation...

"A man..." Really? You are going there? It's not like she is a dog and I should teach her a trick. She just wants to have fun without any learning curve, she doesn't give $hit, and she just wants to click. She just thinks whack-a-mole is more fun than faceroll

^^^

Let his wife play how she wants

Also, Juggernaut/Guardian is a pretty easy class to play whether you click or not! :D

Despite that comments obnoxious tone, it does have a point. the game is infinitely more enjoyable if you learn how to use hotkeys.

Perhaps that wasn't the best way to phrase that, but it seems others have already covered that.

Clicking is totally viable, at least in regs. No reason she can't dominate leaderboard while clicking. It may be heresy around these parts but it's the absolute truth.

That said there are definitely some specs that are much easier to click-play than others. Arsenal merc and the Commando equivalent or Sage/Sorcs for healers are probably two of the easier classes to play without keybinds. If she's going DPS I'd recommend ranged over melee, as melee is a little more demanding with positioning and targets that won't stand still...which might make it hard to get the most of a melee spec if you're also trying to frantically click.

any class can be played as a clicker... just takes good interface structure...

but i would suggest to take a healer or dot sorc/sage or burst mando as they dont have that high apm, they are ranged and are pretty easy to play ;)

Healer is a bad idea. You have to be able to react quickly. Some kind of ranged DPS is the best option.

Well, how fast can she click exactly? :rak_04:

Depending on what you do, having a sorc healer may be the best option if you only play together and don't do OPs or PvP where it matters that you use keybinds.

Like if you're only leveling together and don't do stuff where people would flame you, dps sorc or sniper can also be clicked.

Edited by Mephesh

Buy an MMO mouse and see if she can get used to that. She doesn't need to get used to using all the buttons. Just a couple.

She can then play a class like Commando/Merc or Sorc/Sage, that can dps from range without having to move too much. She can play these classes like immobile turrets until she gets better.

Have her slot the most spammed abilities for the class she chooses onto the action bar at numbers she can easily reach and keep hitting.

Well, how fast can she click exactly? :rak_04:

Depending on what you do, having a sorc healer may be the best option if you only play together and don't do OPs or PvP where it matters that you use keybinds..

It doesn't matter. Or at least not as much as people sometimes make out. Obviously key-binding is an advantage but you can still do very well clicking if you are fast enough. It all depends on your reaction time.

If we're just talking Regs and SM Ops key-binding is not a necessity at all. Assuming she's relatively fast with clicking she can DPS or heal through both without an issue and potentially even top leaderboards on the former.

Unless she's looking to get into progression raiding or wants to strive to be among the best at her chosen class in Ranked, I'd say he's better off just supporting her in playing however she most feels comfortable.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

Look into game pads. I use the Logitech G13 game pad. They are very easy to get use too. I'm not a fan of a keyboard for mmo's because there are soooo many buttons to bind. The G13 has 25 buttons to bind with another 25 buttons if you decide to use a shift bind. Plus it has a thumb stick for character movement.

I use the G13 game pad with the Logitech G700 mouse that has 11 buttons that you can bind.

Good Luck

I bought my woman a Steel Series Rival 500 to help her up her game. Things like the Razer Naga were intimidating for her, but the Rival's buttons worked with her thumb movement. As a clicker she found the game to be a chore, but now she's fully enjoying it.

Like other posters said, take the time to teach her. It doesn't have to be like training a dog if you don't want it to be. Since the story mode is so easy that it doesn't teach you anything, I've started taking her into vet FPs to level, warzones to learn how to use DCDs and react under stress, and how to parse on the dummy in her ship.

She picked up the game as a clicker to do something fun with me. Now that she has her mouse, she has a goal to be early NiM-capable by Christmas. This is just my experience, but taking her on the journey to being an excellent player is far more fun than killing skytroopers that are incapable of fighting back.