Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

People who ninja for their companions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
People who ninja for their companions

Ranid
01.14.2012 , 06:11 PM | #391
Quote: Originally Posted by xhaiquan View Post
On Tarris group of 16 level 32-37 take down ancient one world boss.

3 agents in group. A nice purple protype drops clearly meant for agents. All roll need.

A sith assasin also rolls need and wins, saying he needed it for his companion.

If it is a purple prototype and I have the crafting to reverse engineer it. I will need it.
Organ Harvester: "Are you deaf? I asked for Iridonian hearts! Not Rodian, Not Ithorian! Iridonian!"
Organ Harvester: "What do you want me to do, put them back?"

SWTOR-GR
01.14.2012 , 06:29 PM | #392
Quote: Originally Posted by Ranid View Post
If it is a purple prototype and I have the crafting to reverse engineer it. I will need it.
another reason to be the loot restricted to class / usable atherwise crafetrs will ruin the parties
Swtor Greece
▀ị▀ịị≡▀ị▀▐|▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)

newwb
01.14.2012 , 06:33 PM | #393
there is no proper etiquette or unwritten rules. if you start a group and dont establish any loot rules, then its a free for all. if you have loot rules, make them clear before the run. how hard is it to take 2 seconds to type 'dont roll need for companions'? if someone does it anyway, then feel free to shed many tears on the forums. dont just expect everyone to follow your rules which you never tell them about.

profaneascension
01.14.2012 , 06:48 PM | #394
Quote: Originally Posted by Acererak View Post
And as far as deciding who is more greedy, think about this. The guy who rolls need believes he should have a 25% shot at the item. The guy who calls him a ninja believe he should have a 100% shot at the item. Who is more greedy.
Nice spindoctoring. I used the exact same argument in another thread a few days ago, with the same numbers but from a different perspective. Let's try it my way:

When I agree to join a group, I am already conceding the possibility that I may not be able to roll on an item at all if nothing suited to my class drops. After all, there is only a 25% chance that the item that drops is something I can use.

So, who is more greedy? The guy who joins the group thinking he can always roll on every item, 100% of the time, regardless of whether he can use it, or the guy who goes in wanting only items he can use, which has only a 25% chance of dropping from each boss?

I already know what you're going to say: you're going to tell me there's no difference between those two perspectives. But in my mind, giving items to people who can actually put the item to use is clearly the better way. Giving items to people who can't use it when it's a clear upgrade for someone else makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever.
Progenitor of the Byronic Legacy
If you're livin' in a bubble and you haven't got a fear / Well, you're gonna be in trouble, 'cause we're gonna steal your gear! / Cause what you got is what we Need and all we do is dirty deeds / We're the Loot W****s! Watch out! 'Cause we're the Loot W****s!

profaneascension
01.14.2012 , 06:55 PM | #395
Quote: Originally Posted by SnoggyMack View Post
So in due time, the end-game will evolve where multiple classes will be competing with each other for that "tank item" you describe because of the MOD on it, and how that MOD is an upgrade for their specific build.

By that time, all of this "OMG, people roll need for companion" drama will be long gone, replaced by DPS classes seething that healers want Crit mods from the boss drops. Or whatever other "I didn't win that item" argument suits them that day.
Actually, I have no problem with healers competing against DPS classes for +crit mods. They can both use it, right? I don't see an issue there. If an Arsenal Merc wants to roll against a Bodyguard Merc on a +Aim/Endurance/Crit item, that's 100% fine with me.

What I do take issue with is when a healer decides to roll on a +defense mod when the tank needs it more. That is what I do not want to see happen.
Progenitor of the Byronic Legacy
If you're livin' in a bubble and you haven't got a fear / Well, you're gonna be in trouble, 'cause we're gonna steal your gear! / Cause what you got is what we Need and all we do is dirty deeds / We're the Loot W****s! Watch out! 'Cause we're the Loot W****s!

Acererak
01.14.2012 , 07:01 PM | #396
Quote: Originally Posted by profaneascension View Post

When I agree to join a group, I am already conceding the possibility that I may not be able to roll on an item at all if nothing suited to my class drops. After all, there is only a 25% chance that the item that drops is something I can use.

So, who is more greedy? The guy who joins the group thinking he can always roll on every item, 100% of the time, regardless of whether he can use it, or the guy who goes in wanting only items he can use, which has only a 25% chance of dropping from each boss?
The guy who rolls on any item he wants is not being greedy, you are being charitable. Someone doesn't have to be one or the other. That guy is rolling on items that he wants and he helped to obtain. Just because he isn't charitable like you, doesn't make him greedy.

Darkulous
01.14.2012 , 07:04 PM | #397
What character do people play with 100% of the time? The answer would be their MAIN character!

Your companion is NOT played 100% of the time and should not be able to compete against a MAIN that is played 100% of the time.

People are just looking for an excuse to ninja.

People who do this will find themselves lonely in end-game.
Ebon Hawk
Imperial
Bobba'Fat - BH

SnoggyMack
01.14.2012 , 07:15 PM | #398
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkulous View Post
People are just looking for an excuse to ninja.
It's already been established that if you can roll for the item, there is no ninja looting taking place.
Snoggy Mack
My Blog
My quote: "All the other kids with the pumped up Sith, you better run, better run, faster than my blaster"

Darkulous
01.14.2012 , 07:22 PM | #399
Quote: Originally Posted by SnoggyMack View Post
It's already been established that if you can roll for the item, there is no ninja looting taking place.
established by who? THe forum? Lolololol.

What's your toons name and what server do you play on? I'd like to know so I can avoid you. I, on the other hand, have no problems disclosing that information because I don't play like an ******e.
Ebon Hawk
Imperial
Bobba'Fat - BH

Synalon
01.14.2012 , 07:45 PM | #400
I've been playing on Progentitor server since early access, I've got 3 characers hovering around lvl 30 and one at 44 and so far I've only pugged.

But I can honestly say theres been no ninja looting at all in any of my groups, people have been needing if its a clear upgrade if its not for their char they greed or pass.

If they want it for a companion they simply ask if they can also roll need because a companion needs it and usually get told " sure ".

My highest lvl chars are a Juggernaut/tank and Sorceror/Healer but even on my alts I've not run into anything like this.

In fact so far the only bad part of pugging was the two guys who shouted for people for a heroic 4 , got their last step done ahead of me and another guy and wanted to leave the group instead of helping us finish.

That said I mentioned how they was wanting to leave after we helped them which wasn't fair so they stayed and helped.
Jen'Taral
Empire Rp/PvP
[Recruitment Thread]