Opinions on new laptop and specs

CrazyCanukk

heres the specs..

http://www.staples.ca/en/Samsung-156-Laptop-25GHz-Intel-Core-i5-3210M-8GB-RAM-1TB-HDD/product_153918_2-CA_1_20001

2.5GHz Intel Core i5 3210M Processor; 3MB L3 cache

8GB DDR3 system memory

1TB hard disk drive

15.6" HD LED Display (1366 x 768), Anti-Reflective display

Windows 8 (64bit) operating system

AMD Radeon HD 8750M Graphics with 1GB dedicated memory

720p HD web camera

Ports include 1 x HDMI, 1 x USB 3.0, 1 x USB 2.0, VGA, RJ-45, Headphone, Microphone, DC-in

Connectivity options include 802.11b/g/n, Bluetooth v4.0, Gigabit Ethernet

Dimensions: 0.90"(H) x 14.80"(W) x 9.76"(D)

Weight: 4.39 lb.

I dont know much about laptop GPU's for mmo gaming and this 8750m seems very new to the market. Just wondering and looking for some input from others on this choice..the AMD cpu's (i usually use nvidia)

You can definitely run SWTOR , but did you settle for a i5 or did it just come with the laptop? You could've made your laptop very powerful with i7 with that G-card.

But anyway, my laptop:

• Intel i7 2.7 w/ Boost
  • Nvidia Geforce GTX 560M
  • 8 GB Ram

I can run SWTOR at high with with bloom off between 90 - 100 FPS.

Edit: When you're playing SWTOR don't bother having bloom on. It takes away 10 FPS from me and all it really does is make lights shine a little brighter. And after comparing some cutscenes with bloom on/off, the game definitely looks better in my opinion with bloom off.

Edited by TalkingDinosaur

Don't get an i7. Very diminished returns on that, not worth the price over an i5. I mean if you can throw away money sure max it out, but if your on any kind of budget, even a large one, i5 is the way to go. For the same additional cost you could get a nice 120gb SSD to make your laptop wicked fast. Edited by Doctoglethorpe

Don't get an i7. Very diminished returns on that, not worth the price over an i5. I mean if you can throw away money sure max it out, but if your on any kind of budget, even a large one, i5 is the way to go. For the same additional cost you could get a nice 120gb SSD to make your laptop wicked fast.

You can definitely run SWTOR , but did you settle for a i5 or did it just come with the laptop? You could've made your laptop very powerful with i7 with that G-card.

But anyway, my laptop:

• Intel i7 2.7 w/ Boost
  • Nvidia Geforce GTX 560M
  • 8 GB Ram

I can run SWTOR at high with with bloom off between 90 - 100 FPS.

Edit: When you're playing SWTOR don't bother having bloom on. It takes away 10 FPS from me and all it really does is make lights shine a little brighter. And after comparing some cutscenes with bloom on/off, the game definitely looks better in my opinion with bloom off.

The I7 isnt available for that laptop..it comes pre built with the I5. TBh im not real worried about having an I7..it will be nice just to have a laptop i can travel with and can play a few of my favorite games like swtor. My 6 year old Dell Vostro is getting to old and with travelling as much as i do its hard not being able to game on my down time.

But i must say i do very much like the idea of the SSd drive. I have one in my Desktop and love it. Might have to do that.

Im glad to hear that card and specs will run this game. :)