Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Scoundrel/ Operative AOE Update??

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Scoundrel / Operative
Scoundrel/ Operative AOE Update??

fragnor
07.15.2015 , 12:00 PM | #1
So like the title says Can we get an update on the issue of Carbine Burst/ Blaster Volley changes that we were told would be done in a future patch like 3 or 4 patches ago. Asking the Devs to please give us some sort of response. I have asked before and have been ignored. I am sure I speak for all who play these advanced classes in saying that since you took away our only real option for AOE and have not given anything viable in return in 3.0 we feel that we have been swept under the rug and ignored. So please can we get some response on this from one of the devs.

Shipwright
07.18.2015 , 10:35 AM | #2
I remember that post, promising some attention to the issue. And yes, I'd love to know. It's just pathetic that the Op and Scoundrel have splash damage from a grenade as an excuse for Aoe, and beyond pathetic that Carbine Burst/Blaster Volley is called "aoe". It hardly qualifies as a single target damage ability, let alone aoe.

No exaggeration, which would serve no purpose.....but as an example I just used Blaster Volley a few hours ago. I was 4 meters or less distant from enemies (I could use Blaster Whip)...facing them, yes, I was not facing in some other direction. The tracer trails went right though 2 enemies. Result? No damage. Nothing. This is all too common.

Even with the reduced energy cost and no UH/TA requirement, I find it a very questionable use of resources.

Sadly, I doubt we'll see any real improvement to aoe. I really hope I am wrong.

fragnor
07.28.2015 , 03:29 PM | #3
Still hoping for a response.

fragnor
08.10.2015 , 10:33 AM | #4
bump to keep it on the front page.

Tenacity
08.11.2015 , 01:18 PM | #5
What's wrong with carbine burst? I haven't played in a while but I noticed that it doesn't require tactical advantage anymore, which seems like an improvement
--- Lynx - Powertech Mercenary - Rashkah
Telbasta - Sniper - Operative - Maihos
Leonin - Gunslinger - Scoundrel - Arshia ---
-- Pakhet - Sorceror - Juggernaut - Sorthak

Saikochoro
08.11.2015 , 02:28 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Tenacity View Post
What's wrong with carbine burst? I haven't played in a while but I noticed that it doesn't require tactical advantage anymore, which seems like an improvement
Aiming it still sucks....and it doesn't do any worthy damage. But no TA is pretty nice I will admit.

lavatsunami
08.17.2015 , 01:20 PM | #7
Bump carbine burst damage, bump radius, make it a full 360 aoe...give it a name and animation to match.

fragnor
09.16.2015 , 03:08 PM | #8
Bump still looking for an answer from one of the Devs.

Glower
09.16.2015 , 08:04 PM | #9
Right after the sniper's post-orbital-stike-nerf buff. Okay... just don't get your hopes up.
SWTOR goes F2P; 2014 PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)
2014 cantina, A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
2016 livestream: "RNG is exciting"

fragnor
09.17.2015 , 12:02 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Glower View Post
Right after the sniper's post-orbital-stike-nerf buff. Okay... just don't get your hopes up.
At least snipers still have the option to use it even if it was nerfed and you also have supressive fire which is is the same as the mercs sweeping blasters.