Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The Alliance must disband...Now.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
The Alliance must disband...Now.

HollyUSEC's Avatar


HollyUSEC
10.21.2019 , 09:36 AM | #21
Personally I see my toons as following Lana's advice that they can no longer afford neutrality. Hence, they're fighting to save the Alliance. Which faction they side with, generally means which side they think will not try to destroy them. In essence, I see the Alliance as sort of a peacemaker between the Republic and the Empire, even if they have to fight to achieve it.

Of course, that would mean that the game's very name would be changed to Star Peace: The Old Republic, and that does sound kind of boring unless we get something else to fight... :P

EDIT: Bottom line, The Eternal Empire conquering both sides changed everyone's lives, including that of the protagonist-- you. Life is different now, and the Commander has new duties and new people. You can't just decide, "Well, the Imps and Pubs are fighting each other so everyone go back 'home' now." Uh, no. Anyone who considers Odessen to BE home and the Alliance to BE their people, should be free to continue that way.
W T F = F T W spelled backward.

Goreshaga's Avatar


Goreshaga
10.21.2019 , 11:57 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by HollyUSEC View Post
Anyone who considers Odessen to BE home and the Alliance to BE their people, should be free to continue that way.
That's exactly how my characters (my mains at least, because i also like to try different things with not as important alts) see the Alliance, it's their new family and Odessen is their new home, they'll fight to protect what they have there now, and that's also why they chose to support the Republic as i think they're the most likely to let them live freely and not try to take control once the war's over.
In need of more Arcann, Aric, Torian, Vector, and a lot, lot, lot more Theron.
There's nothing like geting too much Theron

My characters

Tashia's Avatar


Tashia
10.21.2019 , 01:04 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by HollyUSEC View Post
Personally I see my toons as following Lana's advice that they can no longer afford neutrality. Hence, they're fighting to save the Alliance. Which faction they side with, generally means which side they think will not try to destroy them. In essence, I see the Alliance as sort of a peacemaker between the Republic and the Empire, even if they have to fight to achieve it.

Of course, that would mean that the game's very name would be changed to Star Peace: The Old Republic, and that does sound kind of boring unless we get something else to fight... :P

EDIT: Bottom line, The Eternal Empire conquering both sides changed everyone's lives, including that of the protagonist-- you. Life is different now, and the Commander has new duties and new people. You can't just decide, "Well, the Imps and Pubs are fighting each other so everyone go back 'home' now." Uh, no. Anyone who considers Odessen to BE home and the Alliance to BE their people, should be free to continue that way.

Good point --- well said too
Everquest to Star Wars Old Republic .....
from Swords and Shields to Blasters and Rockets .......

ShadowofaMew's Avatar


ShadowofaMew
10.21.2019 , 03:51 PM | #24
Some of my characters want to keep the alliance, thank you very much. My Sith Inquisitor is tired of having her powerbase always being destroyed. Seriously, if we had it your way the SI would have lost their powerbase FOUR times, that's a little excessive, don't you think?

wursta's Avatar


wursta
10.22.2019 , 04:19 AM | #25
I kinda like the whole Alliance stuff. I think it is a cool moment in the game and shouldn't just be tossed aside. I have been playing since 2013 and think the devs made both KOTFE and KOTET very well. I had fun playing them with all my characters. The Alliance is no different. It is something new and I, personally, really get into the idea behind it.

Now yes to truly get back to Pub v. Imp, the Alliance should go but that won't be easy and I don't think should be forced like the fleet and Gravestone destruction in the Nathema Conspiracy (which a lot of people screamed and kicked for it to happen ASAP and then when it happened whined and complained. I am personally okay with the way it went). But I personally believe that the Alliance not being a part of Pub/Imp at the moment is a good thing. It doesn't rush us back into the original conflict. But eases us in as a good story should. I'm guessing after Onslaught at some point the Alliance will merge with either side mid conflict at a critical point or something. Either way, easing us into the renewed conflict is best in my opinion and the devs are doing a good job with the game. Especially with their resources and how terrible their parent company (EA) can be. (Love those guys but they can SERIOUSLY make some bad decisions sometimes.)

To Bioware/SWTOR staff: Keep up the good work. There are some of us who really appreciate the hard work you guys do and love the stories you guys make! <3

TLDR: I like the Alliance stuff. They're easing us back into the conflict. The Alliance will probably disband at some point. Patience is a virtue. Good job so far devs <3.

Iceslasher's Avatar


Iceslasher
10.22.2019 , 10:59 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by ceryxp View Post
Clans Ordo, Itera, Kelborn, and Cadera all opposed Mandalore the Vindicated's decision join the Empire and all wanted to join with the Republic and fight against the Empire. It was a big enough deal that it got its own name, the Crusader's Schism, and was called the war between the clans. You don't think that justifies saying that support for the Empire among the Mandalorian clans was far from universal? Saying that Shae only supports either peace or the Empire, but not the Republic, is a bit of a reach. Especially since Shae has no problem working with, and later joining, a Republic character; a meeting that only occurs after it is set up by a former Republic SIS agent. From what little we've seen of 6.0 so far seems to suggest that that relationship only deepens, too. Further, Shae expresses her desire to be done with war. Something that would never happen if the clans remained allied with the Empire, and her comments seem to reflect that she is well aware of that fact.

Also, don't forget that Mandalore the Vindicated never defeated Jicoln. He failed repeatedly. All of his numerous bounties failed repeatedly. It took plot armor to bring down Jicoln.
I completly agree with you, As to mandalore the avenger ( Visla) in lore she actually started working with the Jedi...so technically a mandalorian bh, is obliged under mando rules to follow. She is our new warrior queen. The old king is dead. Where mandalore goes..we follow. Its why my Mando Bh's all went and helped the pubs. Plus, she is a merc..she really doesn't care about politics..she did care about Torian's ( her husband) clan and why he fought Vindicated. So its a matter of honour. Plus the Alliance is a good thing...why put in all the work just to have it busted up ><. Although really..my hunter really doesn't care about leading the galaxy..she would give it to Shae Visla if she could.

GHaley's Avatar


GHaley
10.22.2019 , 05:34 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Iceslasher View Post
I completly agree with you, As to mandalore the avenger ( Visla) in lore she actually started working with the Jedi...so technically a mandalorian bh, is obliged under mando rules to follow. She is our new warrior queen. The old king is dead. Where mandalore goes..we follow. Its why my Mando Bh's all went and helped the pubs. Plus, she is a merc..she really doesn't care about politics..she did care about Torian's ( her husband) clan and why he fought Vindicated. So its a matter of honour. Plus the Alliance is a good thing...why put in all the work just to have it busted up ><. Although really..my hunter really doesn't care about leading the galaxy..she would give it to Shae Visla if she could.
lmao if that's the way you want to play it let us challenge her for the helmet.

Zeerastul's Avatar


Zeerastul
10.24.2019 , 07:38 AM | #28
Op you do not speak for everyone, you may not want the Alliance around to be a third faction but some others disagree and quite like the idea of not rejoining the Empire or Republic but staying in the Alliance. I for one like the Alliance and I have a few characters from both sides who are quite happy being in the alliance a third faction and they have no intention of rejoining the Republic or Empire

ShepardCommader's Avatar


ShepardCommader
10.24.2019 , 02:35 PM | #29
Alliance is nothing but the "Inqusition of SWTOR". And as Inquisition had gone after it became needless, so must Alliance. For the only purpose of the Alliance was to end tyranny of Eternal Throne.

My personal Alliance should be disbanded right after Zakuul said to it's own Empress (dark side eding) that they want to go on their own (which is ridiculous, BioWare, whereis your logic?). TO EMPRESS! O Stars, BioWare, wat a hell was that.

I'm sorry for perfet english.

SerraShar's Avatar


SerraShar
10.24.2019 , 04:34 PM | #30
fine, if we are stuck with that USELESS Alliance ******** , can we at least stop being called COMMANDER ?

This isn't Mass effect . We had TITLES. Bring them back . we earned those by BLOOD, by working and being back stabbed .

I find the alliance pretty useless . We are supposed to be a 'Faction'', but really . What do we do ? Run around doing errand for the side we decided to join ? God..it suck .
Balance in All Things
Andraste and the Maker want you to click referral linkhttp://www.swtor.com/r/fsSTHy
You know, if I could click you, you wouldn’t know a moment’s peace!