Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The Alliance must disband...Now.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
The Alliance must disband...Now.

JuventusAndFCK's Avatar


JuventusAndFCK
10.20.2019 , 12:38 AM | #11
Some of my characters like their alliance.

ceryxp's Avatar


ceryxp
10.20.2019 , 04:55 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by GHaley View Post
And where pray tell do you think that dishonor comes from?


That's why I said psuedo. Can you name one job you can do for the Republic beyond Janarus' offer? Because I can't. It's not as easy as "oh I guess we're blue now." And fwiw, it's pretty gross that you would just discount an entire part of a class story because it doesn't fit your headcanon hopes.


First off, Khomo talks about Imperial bunkers because they put up better fights than droids and pubs, not because of some past crusade. Second, the schism has been over for a decade. Mandalorians abide by "Vae Victis". They lost, they had the choice to come back to the tribe or die. Only Jicoln chose to continue the fight. That's really the end of it.
I see that any further discussion with you is pointless. Everything I said, aside from the speculation about what 6.0 will bring (which is still a possibility), comes directly from the story or the lore. The OP claimed that Mandalorians would not join the Republic as that went against lore. Patently false, the Crusaders' Schism happened. You claim that the schism is irrelevant because they lost. That claim is nonsensical and irrelevant because the schism happened, it was an event in Mandalorian history, and refutes the OP's claim that it goes against lore for Mandalorians to join the Republic. You claim that it is irrelevant because they lost and made the choice to return to the clans and follow Mandalore the Vindicated. Mandalore the Vindicated is dead, their clan is destroyed, and any remnants are scattered (they couldn't even answer Mandalore the Avenger's call to Darvannis). There is a new Mandalore, and Shae seems pretty discontent with war and disinterested in serving the Empire. The fact that the Crusader's Schism lost and the losing clans agreed to follow Mandalore the Vindicated is irrelevant because Artus is dead, D E D, dead.

Also, only Chapter 3 of the BH story involves working for the Empire. The prologue and Chapter 1 are all about the Great Hunt. Chapter 2 involved the Blacklist, the fallout from the Great Hunt, and Jun Seros framing you. Chapter 3 opens with you being offered an opportunity to get revenge on Jun Seros by doing a little work for the Empire (read, you're conscripted and force choked (could be lightning, don't remember) if you try to refuse) and ends with you getting to stick it to the Empire. Three missions. The total sum of the BH story that involves working for the Empire. No, you can't count anything that comes after because everything after chapter 3 is a single homogeneous story for all classes (with some slight splitting along faction lines). It would have made more sense for the BH, Smuggler, and maybe a third class to balance it out, to make up a third faction from the start, but that's not how they went.
--------------------------------------------------
Click the link. You know you wanna. You'll get free stuff. - http://www.swtor.com/r/W9ZqZj

Goreshaga's Avatar


Goreshaga
10.20.2019 , 07:14 AM | #13
Well, i like my Alliance and want to keep it and i'd like if people who don't like it could stop pretending they talk for me when they clearly just want to utterly destroy something i like and want to keep.
That you ask for an option to be able to disband your own Alliance in your own story, i don't care as long as it doesn't affect my story.

My former imperials want nothing to do with the Empire anymore, they don't necessarily want to fight for the Republic either, but that's still better than the Empire, and it's not like we have an actual choice to stay neutral anyways.
My main who was a JK is clearly not one anymore and would rather die than give up Theron to become a Jedi again and certainly doesn't want to be called Jedi Master ever again. She's perfectly happy to be the Alliance Commander.

Punishing the saboteurs (not that i like being forced to be a saboteur if i don't want a particular character to go against their old faction and not being able to oppenly fight against said old faction) and forcing everyone back to their old faction no matter how they could feel about it would make half of my characters unplayable. Disbanding the Alliance would then make the other half unplayable as well, which means i'd have no reason to play anymore, and so no reason to pay anymore for a game that would have become absolutely unenjoyable..
Then your Lana part, that's so nice for people who romance her but don't want to support their old faction, seriously... I'm not one of them, but that's clearly asking to mess up someone else's romance that can be very important to that person...

All in all, i fully disagree with everything you said and really don't like your ideas...
In need of more Arcann, Aric, Torian, Vector, and a lot, lot, lot more Theron.
There's nothing like geting too much Theron

My characters

casirabit's Avatar


casirabit
10.20.2019 , 08:13 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Goreshaga View Post
Well, i like my Alliance and want to keep it and i'd like if people who don't like it could stop pretending they talk for me when they clearly just want to utterly destroy something i like and want to keep.
That you ask for an option to be able to disband your own Alliance in your own story, i don't care as long as it doesn't affect my story.

My former imperials want nothing to do with the Empire anymore, they don't necessarily want to fight for the Republic either, but that's still better than the Empire, and it's not like we have an actual choice to stay neutral anyways.
My main who was a JK is clearly not one anymore and would rather die than give up Theron to become a Jedi again and certainly doesn't want to be called Jedi Master ever again. She's perfectly happy to be the Alliance Commander.

Punishing the saboteurs (not that i like being forced to be a saboteur if i don't want a particular character to go against their old faction and not being able to oppenly fight against said old faction) and forcing everyone back to their old faction no matter how they could feel about it would make half of my characters unplayable. Disbanding the Alliance would then make the other half unplayable as well, which means i'd have no reason to play anymore, and so no reason to pay anymore for a game that would have become absolutely unenjoyable..
Then your Lana part, that's so nice for people who romance her but don't want to support their old faction, seriously... I'm not one of them, but that's clearly asking to mess up someone else's romance that can be very important to that person...

All in all, i fully disagree with everything you said and really don't like your ideas...
Thank you. I too get sick and tired of these people telling me how I should play because they think I should like the empire (or republic). I wish people would quit trying to make my choices for me. I frankly don't care what their opinion is regarding the alliance. You don't like it fine, but there are some that do so for those of us that do, do me a favor and let us make our own choices.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj https://poshmark.com/closet/tmcevoy1121

JediAkemi's Avatar


JediAkemi
10.20.2019 , 12:56 PM | #15
The option to pretend KotFEET never happened would be nice - i.e. to skip it completely, keeping all original companions and faction and jump straight to Onderon without any "default Outlander/Commander decisions" baggage... which would mean no Lana or Theron, but the point is that such a thing would be optional.

I don't mind having the Alliance on my main Jedi Knight and Agent, but I have almost no desire to get any of my other alts entangled in the KotFEET mess. There's only one chapter out of all 25 that I would willingly replay and that's 14 because it's full of Mandalorians

IoNonSoEVero's Avatar


IoNonSoEVero
10.20.2019 , 02:34 PM | #16
Please speak for yourself. I like the Alliance on my characters, and I would prefer if they didn't go back to being lackeys for their old factions. Some have been doing everything they can to sabotage their faction since the class story and would space themselves before returning to the Jedi Council or working as a forced Republic privateer again. I also like having my characters work with companions and NPCs from the opposite faction.

If they are doing branching stories, I don't see why they can't leave a choice for those of us who want the Alliance to remain instead of going back into IMPS VS PUBS 4EVA!!! and being lackeys for the Empress or Chancellor, which I personally find completely boring.

rashencyberspeed's Avatar


rashencyberspeed
10.20.2019 , 03:55 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by IoNonSoEVero View Post
Please speak for yourself. I like the Alliance on my characters, and I would prefer if they didn't go back to being lackeys for their old factions. Some have been doing everything they can to sabotage their faction since the class story and would space themselves before returning to the Jedi Council or working as a forced Republic privateer again. I also like having my characters work with companions and NPCs from the opposite faction.

If they are doing branching stories, I don't see why they can't leave a choice for those of us who want the Alliance to remain instead of going back into IMPS VS PUBS 4EVA!!! and being lackeys for the Empress or Chancellor, which I personally find completely boring.
You can already sort of do that. Although there's no outright neutrality option, there is an option during the interview/speech to decide whether the Alliance is merged with the Republic/Empire, or simply working with them.

IoNonSoEVero's Avatar


IoNonSoEVero
10.20.2019 , 03:57 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by rashencyberspeed View Post
You can already sort of do that. Although there's no outright neutrality option, there is an option during the interview/speech to decide whether the Alliance is merged with the Republic/Empire, or simply working with them.
Right now you can, but the OP is suggesting disbanding the Alliance for everyone in future content. I am against that idea.

rashencyberspeed's Avatar


rashencyberspeed
10.20.2019 , 07:12 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by IoNonSoEVero View Post
Right now you can, but the OP is suggesting disbanding the Alliance for everyone in future content. I am against that idea.
Me too. But I'm pretty sure the Alliance is sticking around, so I'm not worried.

Tashia's Avatar


Tashia
10.21.2019 , 08:12 AM | #20
I'd like to speak up for the alliance too -- I hope we get to have the option to continue it -- it was a nice, unique idea --
it grew on me; and now I'd like to stay if given the option ( especially my Imperial characters -- never liked the Empire)
Everquest to Star Wars Old Republic .....
from Swords and Shields to Blasters and Rockets .......