Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Empire are the good guys?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
The Empire are the good guys?

SteveTheCynic
02.01.2019 , 01:53 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Ardrossan View Post
What about Bounty Hunters?

So here we have guys who often have republic accents, who don't have to be Mandalorians to be accredited professionals in the Empire, and who are, in many cases, able to assume command level positions temporarily in order to achieve x result.

LS Smugglers are often roleplayed as Republic patriots who don't want to go through the bureaucracy of serving in the military to serve their government. I did the same thing with a DS bounty hunter who wants to serve the Empire but wants the freedom to pick assignments and go where he's needed. It works surprisingly well. It would be better if you could choose to have an imperial accent, but there's probably lots of Republic planets that got absorbed into the Empire during the first war, and newly made imperial citizens who have real patriotism to the Empire.
There's also the changes they would have needed to make to the dialogues, since the BH, on multiple occasions, denies being an Imperial.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

Ardrossan
02.01.2019 , 05:33 PM | #22
That's simply a matter of choosing the right options.

I had another idea too - in one of the swtor books, they mention this IA, Stryver, who apparently went undercover with the Mandalorians [but was actually Star Cabal]. I thought it would be an interesting idea to make a bounty hunter who is an undercover IA or even SIS, and whose mission is to win the Great Hunt in order to get access to the Blacklist. I think it would work better as an IA for Act 3, not just the dubious idea of attempting to kill the Supreme Chancellor just to keep their cover, but also with the dissolution of Intelligence, he'd lose the ability to come back to the fold. But there are still issues - iirc Intelligence has access to the Blacklist already.

Lunafox
02.02.2019 , 12:42 AM | #23
Evil is a point of view.
Lunafox's Stories🌙🦊Lunafox's Decorating
Koona t'chuta, Solo?
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
omg Darth Lunafox in the house

irrevelant
02.04.2019 , 03:05 AM | #24
Well the republic is corrupt as hell, and tries to hide it, but being an honest serial killer doesn't make a serial killer innocent. Also lots of problems, that forces the republic's hand to be corrupt, or deal with criminals are made by the Empire. Last but not least being in good hand inside the empire is up to chance. If you were born randomly, then like 90% chance, that you won't live to see old age, and if the Empire were conquered the whole galaxy, then far above 50% to born slave.

In dictatory everything is dependent on the ruler. With a good ruler it's the best, and with a bad ruler it's worst. One of the reason it makes so much sense trying to change the Empire as a sith is, that it's possible. If the Inquisitor, or the Warrior manage to become Emperor/Empress, then (s)he can reform the Empire into a better system in weeks. Darth Malgus had a good start, and if i could do anything, then my Inquisitor would have joined him.

In democracy stuff can't be too good, because among the many people corruption is inevitable. But it can't be too bad either, because the senate hold each other back. Especially true, if there is no official racism. The republic will never be bad as the Empire could be, and will never be good as Zakuul was under Valkorion's rule either.

Iceslasher
02.09.2019 , 10:43 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
There's also the changes they would have needed to make to the dialogues, since the BH, on multiple occasions, denies being an Imperial.
That Is because those bounty hunters chose to be adopted into Mandalore the Vindicated's clan , if you don't then yeah you can be an imperial..if you do choose adoption, you are definitely NOT imperial because if he (Mandalore) chose at any time to switch sides and go to the republic ( now Shae Vizla "The Avenger") Then as a Mandalorian you are obligated to follow.

SteveTheCynic
02.09.2019 , 11:31 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Iceslasher View Post
That Is because those bounty hunters chose to be adopted into Mandalore the Vindicated's clan , if you don't then yeah you can be an imperial..if you do choose adoption, you are definitely NOT imperial because if he (Mandalore) chose at any time to switch sides and go to the republic ( now Shae Vizla "The Avenger") Then as a Mandalorian you are obligated to follow.
Except that the first time you deny being an Imperial is during Chapter 1, long long before you are offered the chance to be a Mandalorian.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

JuventusAndFCK
02.09.2019 , 11:38 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Iceslasher View Post
Wait, I could refuse to become a Mandalorian? Damn, that makes me wanna replay my bounty hunter. I hate being associated with a culture I don't understand at all.
I got the sense from the dialogue that it was a foregone conclusion, I must not have paid enough attention.

Limariko
02.09.2019 , 10:18 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by JuventusAndFCK View Post
Wait, I could refuse to become a Mandalorian? Damn, that makes me wanna replay my bounty hunter. I hate being associated with a culture I don't understand at all.
I got the sense from the dialogue that it was a foregone conclusion, I must not have paid enough attention.
I refused Mandalore on my first bounty hunter and the reactions were so priceless, I've always taken the refuse option. It's just too good.
My Referral link for the clicking: http://www.swtor.com/r/p2FZFM

You get stuff, I get stuff. It's a fair deal- Take It!

Ardrossan
02.10.2019 , 09:33 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
Except that the first time you deny being an Imperial is during Chapter 1, long long before you are offered the chance to be a Mandalorian.
Yeah, Steve is correct. But iirc you have a choice to say this; you can say something different.

JJKerryee
02.10.2019 , 10:18 AM | #30
I personally can't understand how people can say that the Republic is just as bad as the Empire.

I mean, I'll be the first one to admit the Republic has an incredible amount of flaws, but their biggest problem is corruption in a government that TRIES to stand for freedom and equality.

The Empire has literally legalized slavery, speciesism, and murder. If I had a credit for every time I saw a sith killing an imperial just for fun, I would be rich by now. They don't even try to hide it, they will literally tell you they were bored and felt like killing someone.

The Republic certainly isn't perfect, but it will never be as bad as the Empire, because, at the very least, they try to do the right thing.
Use my referral link, you know you want to: http://www.swtor.com/r/qb2Ygz And we both get good things!
Retreat is not weakness, it is strategy.