Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Uprisings in 6.2.1 - Feedback

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
Uprisings in 6.2.1 - Feedback
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DanielSteed
01.08.2021 , 03:45 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey everyone,

You can now test the changes made on Uprisings on PTS! All Uprisings are now available at level 75 with a rebalance of the difficulty and time they take to complete. Along with those changes, loot drops have been increased in all Uprisings. You will find more information about those changes here: Welcome to the 6.2.1 PTS!

Below you can find the type of feedback that the team is looking for:
  • Do you feel if the Uprisings are content worth doing?
  • Do you think that any of them seem more difficult/annoying than others enough that you would avoid them?
Let us know your thoughts below.
Daniel Steed | Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Batwer
01.09.2021 , 02:02 AM | #2
Rebalance of the difficulty meant in BW language: Unplayable
So it's best to do the achievements beforehand. When is the patch?
You! Yes, exactly you! Click me:
http://www.swtor.com/r/zwyYS6

pyrietboletje
01.09.2021 , 06:04 AM | #3
Do you feel if the Uprisings are content worth doing?
Truth be told: Not really. I rather have a good single bossfight or a few rather than having to fight myself through never ending waves of adds. (that really puts me off even wanting to touch them. Unless you get really good rewards back of them: Then maybe?
As also a story fan I feel a lot less connected to the uprisings as they seem to be really stand alone missions and having not really a connection into the story or what happened in the story. Making me also a lot less interesting in doing. (no cutscenes, just mobs killing for 10-15 min straight) which..
Tldr:
if i wanted a DPS (npc killing) simulator I'd have gone somewhere else (like doing heroics or dailies)

Do you think that any of them seem more difficult/annoying than others enough that you would avoid them?
Destroyer of Worlds is quite an annoying one. Having to protect this droid. when its destroyed go and find this kit. I rather have content where you just can keep on running after killing adds (trust me this one has plenty too) rather then going ''Oh crap that droid died.'' which it does a lot.
Further: I also don't really like the obvious ones where the same maps are used from other ingame content.

But aside of this all I do like the fact that they are fast and don't take -that- long to do if you want to do it(apart from the 90% mobs killing between bosses.)

Darth Malgus Server | SWTOR Content Creator Team Member | Youtuber

Craftermun
01.09.2021 , 06:16 AM | #4
Do You Feel Uprisings are Worth Doing?
Short and simple answer would be no - they feel disconnected from the story and while they are good fun for when you just want to carve through waves of enemies, they just feel empty story-wise when even with the flashpoints that are given at the holo terminals by Malgus are given backstory before even stepping foot into them.

Personally, running through uprisings at the moment (haven't been able to test PTS because of it not being available to Steam just yet, downloading the legacy client as I type) feels exceptionally easy.

Most Hated
Personaly, I agree with the above, Destroyer of Worlds is just slow to do purely because of having to babysit a droid. Feels like playing TF2.

Next up, is definitely Inferno. Lord Wrad on MM is a pain in the arse and requires a certain healer that can do mass cleanses which not all classes can do (at least in my past experiences)

Decalin
01.09.2021 , 07:59 AM | #5
Given they have always been balanced for a group of 4, I have only done a few as the folks I play with have never really had much interest in them; no story and too difficult for what you get from them. I suspect the level going up will just make them more difficult and wont change this situation for me, which is a shame as I actually like mowing through groups of mobs more than lengthy boss fights.

Question/Suggestion; Would it be possible for the PTS download to be done in the background while we play on the regular servers? Just updating from the last PTS version is a 12GB download, and we cant switch back to standard servers while it downloads.

Katushe
01.09.2021 , 12:07 PM | #6
Do you feel if the Uprisings are content worth doing?
Nope. Story and vet reward pretty much nothing, master mode is way to hard to be even fun. The feeling of time wasted is overwhelming.

Do you think that any of them seem more difficult/annoying than others enough that you would avoid them?
Yes. Trial and error especially is extremely annoying. That one is worth a lockout. It's usually automatic leave group for me. Last boss in "Divided we fall" and the destroyer of worlds one are also pretty much "nah" from the beginning. Simply put, the difficulty makes it very probable not to finish it and replacements in uprisings are seldomly found.

Edit: The fact that the master-mode is not available through group-finder makes it pretty impossible to try it for mostly solo players like me.

XRayDeath
01.09.2021 , 01:17 PM | #7
I used Trial and Error as my baseline. I can't even get past the second mob now. Level 75 character 306 gear with purple augments. Silly me thought the rebalance would make them easier. I don't mind the Uprisings, don't think they're integral but interesting. Maybe add a godbot like in solo FPs.

TrixxieTriss
01.10.2021 , 09:37 PM | #8
My wife and I have been running Uprisings for a few months now to get conquest socialite (since pvp became a shambles).

We mostly run master mode uprisings or veteran together. This rebalance means we will no longer the able to do that.... And to be frank, it will be over tuned for two players to play master mode or veteran mode unless you are really, really good (which sadly my wife isn’t, she’s the typical average casual).

I know they are designed as a 4 person activity and I’m not going to complain about that except to say NOBODY WANTS TO DO THEM. Which makes it difficult to get another two people to play uprisings. That means that once you roll out the rebalancing and difficulty for them, we won’t be able to play veteran or master mode uprisings anymore.

You can put all the rewards you want behind the difficulty. The issue isn’t the gear (which is still really bad at story level and only gives you stuff well below your irating), it’s the bugs and desync that still plagues this content. That and people just don’t seem interested in doing them?? Probably because you need to rely too heavily on random players.

All I would ask with the rebalance is to take into account that people like to run them in two player mode also. If you make veteran too hard for two player mode, you’ll have no one playing any uprisings at all, not even story.

Maybe instead of re-tuning uprisings to lvl 75 (which I’ve seen nobody ask for on the forums), how about retuning the flash points and operations to lvl 75 THAT MANY PEOPLE HAVE BEEN ASKING FOR.

Leave the re-tuning of uprising alone, except for fixing the bugs and desync in them. By going ahead with these change, you will make it difficult for players who currently enjoy upraising as they are to keep playing them. I doubt you will get more players doing them with these changes, you will just end up with less players over all, especially as this was an avenue to do conquest socialite without having to forum pug groups or deal with the catastrophe that reg pvp has become,

Please leave uprising alone and fix pvp first and then flash points and operations. At least leave us something to do (uprisings) while you fix those.

TrixxieTriss
01.10.2021 , 09:43 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by XRayDeath View Post
I used Trial and Error as my baseline. I can't even get past the second mob now. Level 75 character 306 gear with purple augments. Silly me thought the rebalance would make them easier. I don't mind the Uprisings, don't think they're integral but interesting. Maybe add a godbot like in solo FPs.
Yes, with uprising swarm mobs, they are too strong. Individually they aren’t tough, but every map has swarms and they keep coming faster than companions can heal you or tank for you.

It would be better to not tune the swarm mobs higher than they currently are live and just tune up the bosses more. my wife has wiped to swam mobs on live in 306 gear. I would say she’s the equivalent of the a average casual player. There is absolutely no way she will be able to play these without dying. Which means she will never play uprisings again

TrixxieTriss
01.10.2021 , 10:04 PM | #10
FYI, can’t find anyone to test master mode on the pts. The same as I can’t find enough people to do it on the live servers