[Suggestion] Add mail to our personal ships

DarthRavnos

Add some more functionality to your personal ship (email, maybe a vendor, etc). I feel like I am forced to land my ship anytime I need to do something that technologically I should be able to do on the ship. I can't send an communication broadcast from my space shuttle? See what I mean. Edited by DarthRavnos

I think a mailbox is fair. Since they are already everywhere on planets, it seems reasonable to allow people the relative luxury of not having to run the Orbital Station/Shuttle Port gamut just because they ran a few space missions and want to check their mail really quick before they log for the night.

A vendor might be too much considering you can already access cargo hold from ship and planet and can use companions to sell grays. Perhaps at a higher level they will let you build a summonable droid vendor whom you can utilize.

Mailbox on ship - absolutely.

I can understand the theory behind wanting people to have to go to social areas, to encourage a richer world, but there are still plenty of reasons to go to the fleet. If we keep the GTN on the fleet (and various other planets), and specific vendors, then there's still reason to go there. But email?

There are lots of little things that after a while stop being a good idea in theory and end up just being a pain for everyone. No email on your ship is one of those. I have a holoterminal, but I can't access my email? Bah.

I agree with this, and then some. From a technological standpoint... Why am I able check my e-mail on a phone, shop on eBay, and do much more on a cell phone, but can't check mail or shop the GTN from anywhere in a world as advanced as the Star Wars universe?