[VIDEO] Sage PvP healer 1.2 Novare Coast

orbing

Hi guys!

Just wanted to share a clip of my first Novare Coast match. I just had to try out healing with the sage after all the crying about the 1.2 nerf. Watch the commentated video and yeh hope you like it!

I'm not saying you're a bad player. I'm just pointing out that a premade of full-BM players vs a team of scrub PUGs who can't even figure out who the opposing healers are isn't a fair test of 1.2 PvP healing in any way.

What you did is like taking a knife and stabbing a single blind man who was carrying an unloaded gun and declaring that it means knives are balanced with guns.

Edited by Caelrie

i disagree i think his teamates just did a good job protecting him

It's easy to protect someone the enemy never bothers to attack. One of the major complaints of sages in 1.2 is that they can't get their 2.4s heal off because it's usually interrupted. This guy doesn't experience that problem because not once does anyone on the other team ever even try to interrupt him.

Edited by Caelrie

Well it's not like my 2.3 sec heal is doing 90% of my healing? I'd rather say 20% tops. Sooo many types of heals and shield as a Seer + the CC. Ofc this fight on thid map was easymode for me and its a lot harder as defender in Void Star. But shouldn't it be a bit hard?

The only thing you proved was that it’s easy to heal when you’re not the target – a single marauder/sentinel beating on you would’ve changed the aspect of this video entirely.

So is the Sage healing broken just because a marauder can shut you down.? Don't que up with nutz puggers if u wanna sage heal then. Go with 1-2 friends guarding you while you heal them. If they cant stop 2-3 Maras going for you...Sages are not scoundrels or commandos, classes are good at different stuff. Sages are great at CC, area healing and slow big heals. Stop whining just cause we don't have it all longer.

So is the Sage healing broken just because a marauder can shut you down.? Don't que up with nutz puggers if u wanna sage heal then. Go with 1-2 friends guarding you while you heal them. If they cant stop 2-3 Maras going for you...Sages are not scoundrels or commandos, classes are good at different stuff. Sages are great at CC, area healing and slow big heals. Stop whining just cause we don't have it all longer.

You WILL NOT out heal 2-3 maras. Doesn't matter if your friends are helping, because the Maras dmg is too bursty along with their interrupts. Get real man. It's always great playing in a premade. Your scale on the value of sage healing should be a premade vs premade where the healers will always be targeted as my premades do.

Put a video of your premade vs another that has some marauders on you. Videos of you standing around free casting just aren't very entertaining.

Well, I think what everyone is getting at is that now in these WZs that are fast paced caps and dps, you can't afford to have 3 people helping out a healer or you are losing somewhere else (ie a node, a door, etc). Before with full BM gear I took what seems to be less damage and could heal through SOME of the barrage of a Marauder to let my players finish up protecting a node/door. Now once they come for the healer the healer either is out of the picture entirely or dead. I'm pretty sure the argument in general is that the last thing this game needed to do was boost the dps and damage taken while at the same time making healing worse. In general its a very bad route to head down.

Well, I think what everyone is getting at is that now in these WZs that are fast paced caps and dps, you can't afford to have 3 people helping out a healer or you are losing somewhere else (ie a node, a door, etc). Before with full BM gear I took what seems to be less damage and could heal through SOME of the barrage of a Marauder to let my players finish up protecting a node/door. Now once they come for the healer the healer either is out of the picture entirely or dead. I'm pretty sure the argument in general is that the last thing this game needed to do was boost the dps and damage taken while at the same time making healing worse. In general its a very bad route to head down.

Agreed. Well put.

So is the Sage healing broken just because a marauder can shut you down.?.

No… I never said, neither is anyone else that has posted here. What we were trying to making you realise, that whilst your intentions might be good by making/sharing this video, it’s not a true reflection of the state of Sorc/Sage healing as you were pretty much ignored throughout the entire video. You were under NO pressure whatsoever, you just stood around and through a few heals…

Don't que up with nutz puggers if u wanna sage heal then. Go with 1-2 friends guarding you while you heal them. If they cant stop 2-3 Maras going for you...

The same applies to you, how about making a video of you *trying to heal your friends* whilst actually being focused by competent DPS/PVPrs?

Sages are not scoundrels or commandos, classes are good at different stuff. Sages are great at CC, area healing and slow big heals. Stop whining just cause we don't have it all longer

That in itself shows your lack of understanding, our heals are currently slow but they are by no stretch of the imagination big. And we’re not whining, you’re the one who posted a video claiming to have cured the cancer of Sorc/Sage healing – when infact your video proved nothing other than it’s easy to heal when you’re ignored.

Edited by Kyhren

You WILL NOT out heal 2-3 maras. Doesn't matter if your friends are helping, because the Maras dmg is too bursty along with their interrupts. Get real man. It's always great playing in a premade. Your scale on the value of sage healing should be a premade vs premade where the healers will always be targeted as my premades do.

Put a video of your premade vs another that has some marauders on you. Videos of you standing around free casting just aren't very entertaining.

Nothing can heal through 3 dps on them... duh.

No… I never said, neither is anyone else that has posted here. What we were trying to making you realise, that whilst your intentions might be good by making/sharing this video, it’s not a true reflection of the state of Sorc/Sage healing as you were pretty much ignored throughout the entire video. You were under NO pressure whatsoever, you just stood around and through a few heals…

The same applies to you, how about making a video of you *trying to heal your friends* whilst actually being focused by competent DPS/PVPrs?

That in itself shows your lack of understanding, our heals are currently slow but they are by no stretch of the imagination big. And we’re not whining, you’re the one who posted a video claiming to have cured the cancer of Sorc/Sage healing – when infact your video proved nothing other than it’s easy to heal when you’re ignored.

Okey I see your points but I still think the healing is ok if you'r running with a guard on you and maybe one more firend. It's not as terrible as some might say it is. So suggestions to make it better?