Server Lag (Star Forge) Anyone Else?

DocHolidaySWTOR

Wondering if anyone is having problems lately on the servers. I have asked around and others are having the same problems as well. I have checked my internet and it's fine though it seems once I'm playing SWTOR it ends up with lag spikes and everything else with it. People I have been playing with have been disconnected multiple times, a few weeks ago this was not happening.

Maybe Bioware can see this and do something by chance. Hopefully it gets fixed.

Every so often, yes. I've noticed that it usually coincides with a lot of things happening at once - examples being multiple Crew Skill Missions completing, trying to collect loot while my companion is still casting heals, or in open world areas where a lot of players are mounting or dismounting... situations like those and it just lags down and all I can do is wait for everything to catch up and start working again.

I'm playing mainly on Satele Shan, and was just kicked off. Whenever I try to log back in, it says that the servers are unavailable, yet they show up just fine...

If you close out of the server select and go back to it, you will see it is greyed out.

https://www.swtor.com/server-status

Thats their server status if you want a reference to check back on

It's been happening to me for about a month always between about 8:30 and 10:30 PM, whereas the rest of the day it's fine. I've been tracking it with tracert/ping plotter/etc., and it's always fine up until the hop at IP 159.153.92.98, an address registered to EA. If I try to ping the EU server that's in Ireland, the same thing - fine up until one of the last hops at an EA registered IP. It was doing this for a few weeks and then for a week, actually, it was fine and never acted up so I thought it may have been fixed, but for the past week or so it's been worse than ever. It's now literally unplayable. I've tried a VPN server in various locations in the US and the only one I've tried that's given a stable connection is Washington DC. Everything else is doing the same thing. Edited by Skolops