The Grand Galactic Sale!

DanielSteed

Not sure :p

But yeah, it’s been tested on the pts and they aren’t dropping and Bioware have been completely silent on it,

Which usually means they know it will be unpopular and refuse to discuss it until people rage on the forums.

My guess is they don’t want people getting empty legacy gear or items from the boxes anymore and they will introduce another method to increase affection with those NPC’s.

So I’ve been running heroics to build up my boxes to use just before 6.0 goes live.

Oh my, I have about 120 of those in the bank. So the question is, what will happen to our existing stocks? Will they vanish with some lame compensation like 1 cred each for Command Tokens? It seems BW love to punish us for having built up a stock of anything.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So does that mean you can't level up Alliance Commanders to 20? Or is it just the boxes with the legacy gear not being received? Still haven't finished my collection yet...

I didn't have a chance to test this myself, but I believe they still drop for lower level characters. I suspect this is a casualty of the level increase and sloppy work with loot profiles. Like Exarch bracers and datacron decorations. They forgot to add them to the new loot profiles and will probably never get around to fixing their mistake.

I didn't have a chance to test this myself, but I believe they still drop for lower level characters. I suspect this is a casualty of the level increase and sloppy work with loot profiles. Like Exarch bracers and datacron decorations. They forgot to add them to the new loot profiles and will probably never get around to fixing their mistake.

Yes, they definitely dropped from the Voss heroics for my L70 character, but they didn't drop from the same heroics for my L75 character. I agree that this is more likely to be an error than a deliberate choice, and I hope they fix it.

Hello everyone!

We saved the best for the last in the final week of the Grand Galactic Sale. Collection Unlocks are back at a 50% discount and Armor Sets are 30% off on the Cartel Market until October 21st!

Thank you for the unlock sale. I saw you also put the graveyard-themed decorations back on the Cartel Market for the sale this week, which is much appreciated. Please consider also adding the beach-themed decorations back to the Cartel Market as well! They were removed last year without warning and have never made a return! it would be really nice to be able to pick some up before the expansion hits!

Umm what are collection unlocks? Which section of the Cartel Market is this?

Just in case you're not trolling...

It's your personal legacy collection. You know the stuff you purchase from the CM? Well that goes into the Collections area. You can unlock that stuff for all your account instead of one toon for half the price now.

No weapons on sale? Whoever is in charge needs to be fired.

Umm what are collection unlocks? Which section of the Cartel Market is this?

go to collections tab instead of cartel market, there you can unlock stuff legacy wide so you can use it on any character, reclaim it anytime/etc.

I saw this sale and noticed it's the *Same items that's already been listed for a very long time. These Items are going to rotate correct? not just a sale that's already been there some for a very long time. Rotate the items, having a "Big Sale" on only a few items and items most have already purchased or decided against is defeating the purpose.

*Rotate the list while the sale is on.

OK, did my big shopping. Picked up some armor sets that never show up on the GTN and unlocked a bunch of things too. Grabbed a few decos while at it. Since PTS had 7 legacy cargo bays and cargo bays, I bought an unlock for each. Either I'll get to use them, or I'm make some creds selling them later. Either way, I think that's a win for me!

I saw this sale and noticed it's the *Same items that's already been listed for a very long time. These Items are going to rotate correct? not just a sale that's already been there some for a very long time. Rotate the items, having a "Big Sale" on only a few items and items most have already purchased or decided against is defeating the purpose.

*Rotate the list while the sale is on.

I disagree. I'm glad that the sale items from week 1 stay on sale until the very end. It means we don't have to gamble on whether it's best to buy something from week 1 before it disappears, without knowing what's going to be discounted in week 5. We can wait until the final week to make the most informed choices about our spending. I feel BW were very uncynical in doing the sale this way, and I really appreciate their thoughtfulness (especially in a world where it seems like some devs/publishers try every underhanded method to trick players to spend more due to seeking satisfaction after initial spends bring disappointment).

I hope BW do this again sometime in the future, taking exactly the same approach.

Edited by Estelindis

I was so hoping for Weapon Tunings going on sale. There so damn expensive. The 50% off collection unlocks is nice but they will still do that on Black Friday so it's sorta a wasted opportunity to put something else on sale that normally wouldn't be.

The chracter unlocks are a waste. What does my commando need a saber for or why would my jedi want to wear commando armor?

No weapons or tunes is a disgrace. I'm a first time sub, my first month and I'm already disappointed.

OK, did my big shopping. Picked up some armor sets that never show up on the GTN and unlocked a bunch of things too. Grabbed a few decos while at it. Since PTS had 7 legacy cargo bays and cargo bays, I bought an unlock for each. Either I'll get to use them, or I'm make some creds selling them later. Either way, I think that's a win for me!

Which armor sets? :D

Which armor sets? :D

Glad you asked! I had forgotten to unlock those!

Deep Cover Operative. Horizon Guard. Shadow Disciple. Ardent Oracle.

Sometimes they show up in bits and pieces, but usually the bigger pieces are pricey. I Should have bought them when they were newish. :(

I might still pull the trigger and get Merciless Seeker armor. I think I could do some good mixing and matching with it, but even 30% off it's expensive. But then again, I don't have 100s of millions to spend on the GTN either, so...

Does any one know if the following unlocks are account wide or per character?

[Artifact Equipment Authorization]

[Customization Control: Display Character Titles]

[unlock: Quickslots] Unlocks additional Quickbar

Per character unless you pay more to have the account wide unlocks, there is an option to do so before purchase. If you read the description it will tell you exactly whats going on.

Does any one know if the following unlocks are account wide or per character?

[Artifact Equipment Authorization]

[Customization Control: Display Character Titles]

[unlock: Quickslots] Unlocks additional Quickbar

I see now that the account-wide price is only featured on the purchase page. I'm getting the all the necessary account wide unlocks for when I go preferred:

As I only just got the Intelligence Agent's Armor set (silver rarity), I am only now seeing that the account-wide unlock price is incorrectly 200cc instead of 120cc. I expect it's too late to fix it for this sale, but maybe for the next one.

It is odd that anomalous prices like these occasionally pop up. For some reason, the system isn't coded to just automatically 50% everything. :confused: Sometimes this works in our favour, other times not. :o

"With the ‘Onslaught’ Expansion launching October 22nd, we’re kicking off a special multi-week Cartel Market sale. Each week, new items will go on sale and will remain on sale until October 21st."

Does this mean the articles are on sale for a year?

No, the sale started six weeks before Oct 21st and will end then (tomorrow).

This does not work, I just unlocked a crystal and paid the full price of 120 CC :rak_02:

You are correct. The sale is a non-sale.

from: https://torf.mmo-fashion.com/collections-unlock-costs/

Collections Account Unlock Costs

LAST UPDATE: 5.5 on 10 Oct 17

NOTE: There are now only three unlock prices. Bronze = 60 CC, Silver = 240 CC, Gold = 400 CC (though some free items can be unlocked for 1 CC)

Those armor unlock prices are the same, during this 50% sale.

I also checked Color Crystals, Mounts, Pets, Toys, Titles, Emotes, etc. None have the 50% discounts.

You are correct. The sale is a non-sale. <snip>

I also checked Color Crystals, Mounts, Pets, Toys, Titles, Emotes, etc. None have the 50% discounts.

That's because the sale is over.

But the 120cc price to which you were responding was a correct price during the sale, as you must realise at some level given that your post mentioned 240cc being the normal price for silver items.

You are correct. The sale is a non-sale.

from: https://torf.mmo-fashion.com/collections-unlock-costs/

Collections Account Unlock Costs

LAST UPDATE: 5.5 on 10 Oct 17

NOTE: There are now only three unlock prices. Bronze = 60 CC, Silver = 240 CC, Gold = 400 CC (though some free items can be unlocked for 1 CC)

Those armor unlock prices are the same, during this 50% sale.

Yeah because today it ended. So I'm guessing at 12am, 10/21/19 the sale ended.

Why end the sale before expansion arrives??? the sale goes until monday which is today? Why end the sale the beginning of monday and not the end of monday? Is monday after 6am not considered part of monday?

I'm only a month and it didn't take me long to smh and fp.

ASLO next put time put a huge banner at the top of the launcher that says """ Sale ENDS THIS DATE THIS TIME" or Maybe "LAST DAY OF SALE EVERYONE ENJOY!!"

Feels like nobody is owrking on it or nobody cares.

Apparently we didn't say thank you enough.

smh fp