Need/Greed Etiquette???

There should be a third button : "For companion".

"For companion" is always greed. Everyone in the group has companions they can use the stuff for, especially if cunning gear (and now aim with treek.

If you want it for a comp, ask before roll, or better yet, ask the person who wins it if they are going to use or would they mind passing it over.

I would have zero problem with a Mara/sent needing on a "guardian" DPS piece. Everyone should be using orange gear already anyway.

Crafting mats and rep tokens (which everyone in the group can use equally) should be greeded always.

Also, as to "the sent in the op was greedy because he left and ignored", I'm going to go ahead and assume that the op was just a tad more harsh in his questioning than his post leads one to believe...

If a sentinel needs in a guardian dps piece, he's not pulling out 1 enchancement, he's pulling out all the mods and putting them on medium armor.

Agreed. But if it is Guardian Tank gear(Shield and Absorb/Defense), then that Sentinel is just being a douchebag and deserves the /ignore. I'm seeing many toons coming into ops raids and fps lately that are NOT geared correctly. That tells me that:

A. These players don't understand how gear works

AND

B. They don't really understand how the game works.

The Need/Greed thing isn't there to keep these people from collecting gear. It is there as a courtesy to all players to give everyone a "fair shake". Some people just want to be douches though, and that should earn them an /ignore. They get enough of those and its going to be hard to run content for them.

Edited by DarknessInLight

• 2 weeks later...
There should be a third button : "For companion".

Have thought about this for a bit now, and I have to say I think this would be wasted effort to implement. The two biggest reasons I can see:

• The honest people might use it, but the dishonest ones will still click Need. If Need always takes precedence, you just have a superfluous Greed button.
  • The Companion choice would have to be placed somewhere in the order of precedence. If it's above Greed (but below Need), most people are going to click Companion. If it's below Greed, most people will click Greed.

At the root of it, having a third button is just going to render one of them irrelevant.

I would love for all people playing to look at gear the way I see it, just a bonus after having good time while playing game. I don't care about loot above the need to have minimum to progress a boss i am currently trying to kill.

I have passed on loot a lot of times so other that benefit from it more then i would can use it. I see it as a benefit to the group rather then just get BiS gear for myself. Obliviously this work best if you play with friends and mates from guild. If you PUG a lot this is a different story and people will always NEED even if they will only get a mod or enchantment from it. Sad but true. And I don't think there is a way of fixing it.

Although WoW did have very good way of dealing with this issues in PUGs. Each player is rolled with a chance to win loot for each boss. If you not won loot you got some gold. This way it stopped all that "YOU ARE NINJA" and people stopped complaining about loot in PUGs.

After being in my own fair share of PuGs i've seen that when it comes to pets / speeders / rep items, everyone needs, (i had always greeded on the rep items till i saw it was a trend......).

I won't need on a piece of gear i don't need, not even if it's for my class..... i can equip companions just fine with comms or passdown gear, when i run with guildies, i'll most likely greed / pass on everything, but on pugs, when a speeder / pet / rep item pops up, you bet i'm gonna need it..... everyone else already does.

After being in my own fair share of PuGs i've seen that when it comes to pets / speeders / rep items, everyone needs, (i had always greeded on the rep items till i saw it was a trend......).

I won't need on a piece of gear i don't need, not even if it's for my class..... i can equip companions just fine with comms or passdown gear, when i run with guildies, i'll most likely greed / pass on everything, but on pugs, when a speeder / pet / rep item pops up, you bet i'm gonna need it..... everyone else already does.

i agree with this

it is reaching the point where your best protection is need on everything and sort out the differences later

i agree with this

it is reaching the point where your best protection is need on everything and sort out the differences later

Etiquette is the key word here, we need Etiquette minded players , less blaming etc not just with loot , it's only right ..

i agree with this

i have alwys needed on anything i need no matter what it is rep items in all the games, i have ever played over last 12 years .. till i don't need it any more . then and only then, will I greed /pass and other players can need all they want to . once i have what i need .

thats even if players are needing and they don't need it .

but I will also pass or greed and even give up that item if asked nicely so for me idc much about loot . but till i have what i need im gonna need it no matter what it is . but once i don't need it . i don't need it and why make those suffer who do need, suffer by needing some thing, i don't .

BTW, i have yet to need for pet gear of any kind , i get enough for my pets from greeds rolls , I wouldnt need for pets or alts, anyway, i just play that alt . no drama for me and good Etiguette on my part ,

Edited by tanktest

"

Old wow players know exactly how this should work in reality but they had to change their system as more and more people started to act very selfishly.

ps, I have never experienced any problems with this myself, I did in wow, but ive read it so much I wanted to raise the point.[/QUO"

Gonna take sometime before SWTOR get their act together.

"
Old wow players know exactly how this should work in reality but they had to change their system as more and more people started to act very selfishly.

ps, I have never experienced any problems with this myself, I did in wow, but ive read it so much I wanted to raise the point.[/QUO"

Gonna take sometime before SWTOR get their act together.

And yea WoW made loot dorps that way i rember it well , was glad they did and if the system there saw no one needed it , it went up as greed.

Edited by tanktest