Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A SWTOR Companion app

TwistedVulcan
01.13.2018 , 01:11 PM | #1
God forbid I actually say this, but, here's an idea that I hope the developers see. WoW has created an companion app for IOS devises where you are able to handle companion missions from your phone. So you do not have to login to the game. I propose a similar idea for SWTOR. Creat an app that would allow players to constantly monitor there companions and crew skills. What opinions does the community have?

psandak
01.13.2018 , 04:11 PM | #2
This has been asked for numerous times over the years and it has gotten no response.

I am looking at the Apple App Store and only seeing the Armory and the Auction House apps. I do not see any place where you can craft stuff.

I would not be against a GTN app, but IIRC the WoW AH app required a monthly sub fee of like $3.

But I would be against a crew skills app. Being able to run missions from an app would adversely impact the game economy. I do not know what your motivations are, but my guess is you are looking for a way to get more materials, so you can either craft stuff for yourself or to be able to craft more for profit. Sure it would be great for an individual to get more materials faster, but now multiply that ability by the subscriber population of this game. Even if only half that population takes advantage of the app, that is a LOT more materials supply without a corresponding increase in demand. You know what that means? devaluation. Your efforts to improve your situation would backfire.
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

DawnAskham
01.14.2018 , 09:16 AM | #3
Highly doubtful they will ever add a mobile app of any kind - they just don't have the systems and resources in place to do so whereas Blizzard is still earning large returns on WoW and can fund development of Bnet and mobile apps.

Also AFAIK (and I use the Legion companion app daily - the missions from it provide enough gold to pay for a monthly sub, and then some) WoW does not have a mobile crafting app.

Vercundus
01.16.2018 , 05:53 AM | #4
No on app.

What we might need is in-game interface to manage companions of several alts, or some mechanism of faster alt switching. Or auto-collection of rewards and auto-placing them in dedicated legacy bank. Basically anything that would make us more productive.
Choices matter... I choose not to sub until conquest is fixed...

My referral link http://www.swtor.com/r/jRpChs

SteveTheCynic
01.16.2018 , 06:39 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Vercundus View Post
some mechanism of faster alt switching
Faster computer.

I just replaced my slowish-for-2011 machine with some mildly semi-serious end-of-2017 gamer iron, and I can complete a switch between characters in less time than it took just to reach the character select screen (from being logged in) on the old machine.

But it would be nice if BW took a hint from a French MMORPG called Dofus. They added an in-game menu to select a character on the same server and switch to it directly without ever seeing the character-select screen. That was a nice feature (although the time to load the new character wasn't reduced).
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.

DawnAskham
01.16.2018 , 09:31 AM | #6
Loading screens are the bane of every game, absent some sort of 'queue missions for all characters on account from one character logged into game' system, I don't think there is much that can be done (my load times aren't bad, current gen SSD, but they do add up).

Vercundus
01.17.2018 , 03:35 AM | #7
I don't have a problem with faster computer, but the mess of UI that changes after each login. Finding the right toon is what takes most of the time, at least for me. If pages would be static then I'd know where is each toon located.
Choices matter... I choose not to sub until conquest is fixed...

My referral link http://www.swtor.com/r/jRpChs

BenduKundalini
01.19.2018 , 04:48 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
Faster computer.

I just replaced my slowish-for-2011 machine with some mildly semi-serious end-of-2017 gamer iron, and I can complete a switch between characters in less time than it took just to reach the character select screen (from being logged in) on the old machine.
Augh, takes me a full minute easily to switch. This has actually disheartened me from playing.