Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

massive dps differences between classes - is it intendet ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
massive dps differences between classes - is it intendet ?

trabble
11.24.2015 , 10:10 AM | #1
is it a "it works as it should" that there is such a huge difference in dps output since patch 4.0 ?
there are classes like vanguard, sniper, maro that hits the big numbers an easily parse ~7500 dps
and then there are classes like sages that parse around 6k. is that intendet ?
:

AlrikFassbauer
11.24.2015 , 11:43 AM | #2
More or less ... I fear, yes. Because these are DPS classes, mostly, but right now some of them are simply overpowered, for example Arsenal PT and Sorcs ( plus their mirrors, of course ).
Complex minds
Cope with
Complex problems.

isunflex
11.24.2015 , 12:05 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
More or less ... I fear, yes. Because these are DPS classes, mostly, but right now some of them are simply overpowered, for example Arsenal PT and Sorcs ( plus their mirrors, of course ).
Dude, Arsenal PT? And if u considered sorcs dps overpowered you're beyond saving. Get some info before u answer next thread

jauvtus
11.24.2015 , 02:17 PM | #4
Yes, there are differences and probably intended, but pls check the facts before claiming OP sorcs or PT and such:
Quote: Originally Posted by Goblin_Lackey View Post
Ultimate Exarch (224 ilvl), Highlighted Hardmode Gear
Full Stats:
DPS Ranking:
Spoiler

trabble
11.25.2015 , 04:56 AM | #5
It would be ok when these theoretical numbers would be achieved in reality but its not!
the difference is much much higher.

look at these parses - http://parsely.io/parser/leaderboard

snipers, powertechs, maros - all around 7.5k dps

rest: all <6.5k dps.

Difference: < 1000 dps

Especially Sages/Sorcs are screwed up - they dont do good damge and die to soon.
No reason to put them on a raid when you can have a class that does more damage with ease and much higher survivability like a powertech
:

Tegual
11.25.2015 , 09:25 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by trabble View Post
It would be ok when these theoretical numbers would be achieved in reality but its not!

Especially Sages/Sorcs are screwed up - they dont do good damge and die to soon.
No reason to put them on a raid when you can have a class that does more damage with ease and much higher survivability like a powertech
Now how about looking at actual bosses, a dummy parse absolutely nothing if it is not done in a raid. There are quite a few bosses where almost ALL specs and ALL classes perform really well. Not all but most. There are of course a few outliers and i am not saying the class balance is perfect but stop looking at dummy parses, they are stupid and only there to either stroke yourself OR better yet practice your class rotation.

trabble
11.25.2015 , 09:54 AM | #7
"Try making a raid group with an op DPS, Pyro PT, sorc DPS, and jugg DPS and see how big a difference it is from AP PT, mara, and sniper group. I can almost guarantee it would be extremely hard in proper NiM DPS check fights. "

(C) AndoEyrune @ http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=853206&page=9
:

Ryuku-sama
11.25.2015 , 12:13 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by trabble View Post

With the amount of damage we can do.. 2.5m is minimum to use. Anything below that is just caught in the first 40s burst many specs, mainly AP and MM can dish out. 5m would be better and I wouldn't consider anything below 10m to be valid.
"If it wasn't broken, we shall break it. If it is balanced, we shall beat it until slow and painful death follows. If it is overpowered, it is working as intended." - Bioware 2015

Tintfax
11.25.2015 , 01:10 PM | #9
That is nonsense. In most of the boss-fights, the amount of damage you do, is about 1 - 2 m. Who cares if the gap gets closer, when there is no practical need for that.

Fellow-Canadian
11.29.2015 , 01:55 AM | #10
Even with data collected from 4.0 operations, it shows the theorycrafted dps rankings are pretty much accurate. The difference between classes at the top vs the bottom is staggering, and it's often over a 1,000 dps. This makes some classes totally irrelevant for PVE.
The Canadian Legacy
Check out my PVP videos on my YouTube channel.