Class and Spec with Easiest DPS Rotation?

sumthingkreative

From what little I've played thus far into SoR, Combat Sentinel/Carnage Marauder would get my vote. Mechanically, seems like absolutely nothing changed between the end of RotHC and now, leaving it in the same utterly bland and simple state it was post PS-reset change.

To be perfectly honest, I think it's a subjective thing. Some ACs have a rote, set in stone rotation that simply requires memorization (example, innovative ordinance mercs or virulence snipers). Some classes have a logic based system to follow(example, AP powertech or deception assassin). In my opinion, different people find different things easier to master.

The key is, whichever you choose, master it. Know it fully so that you don't have to think about it when fighting, and you can focus on the fights.

Marksmen Snipers and Sharpshooter Gunslinger. By far the easiest class to level after 3.0 hit. Suppressive Fire/Sweeping Gunfire mega damage boost after lvl 12, its sadly the only ability you will use 90% of the time. The 10% where you actually Single target, Penetrating Rounds/Shot and Ambush/Aimed Shot basic have you winning before you even began the fight. By far the easiest to level, bar none

Next up any Guardian or Jugg DPS spec is fairly easy to level in, but harder to master in endgame

Lightning Sorc/TK Sorc, even after the nerf coming soon will still be very easy to level as well

From what little I've played thus far into SoR, Combat Sentinel/Carnage Marauder would get my vote. Mechanically, seems like absolutely nothing changed between the end of RotHC and now, leaving it in the same utterly bland and simple state it was post PS-reset change.

Arsenal merc and lightning sorc are very easy.

At a high end PVE view, carnage marauder is easy at first glance but is actually harder than it seems. It's still harder and more fun than annihilation and rage despite Bioware's best efforts to make it the derp marauder spec in 3.0

Edited by Projawa

Gunnery Commando/Arsenal Mercenary.

Spam Grav Round/Tracer Missile to gain stacks.

Spam Full Auto/Unload whenever it's available

Use Demo Round/Heatseeker Missile, if you can resource wise, on enemy who has debuff from Grav Round/Tracer.

Use HiB/Rail Shot at 5 stacks

• 7 months later...

Thanks for all the info everyone. Right now I'm leaning towards a gunslinger/sniper or commando/mercenary. That narrows it down a little bit.

Now I just have to hash out which would work better for me. I'm interested in both classes story wise so it's not an issue there. The issue is "can I pull it off."

The cover mechanic seems like it will work for me here, but I'm not sure. I've also heard mercenaries and commandos can have easy to manage rotations.

I'd like to know more about these two advanced classes.

Edited by Breidr

Gunnery Commando/Arsenal Mercenary followed by Sharpshooter Gunslinger/Marksmanship Sniper. The former is simpler while the latter is a tad less simpler but more rewarding.

There's a few other classes that have simple rotations as well but those two have the benefit of having simple rotations and are easy to perform with in an Ops setting.

TkT Sage

Arsenal Merc

Marksman Sniper

Either of those is very easy to get a hang of. If I could suggest yet another fun, if simple discipline:

Dirty Fighting gunslinger

It's as easy as apply the dots, follow the rotation. Simple and effective :) .

tactics vanguard by far. no contest.

fewest total abiities in the game of any class, needing the fewest keybinds of any class in the game.

only a handful of dps abilities

no rotation - priority system

bleed keeps itself up just from your typical priority system, which means your priority system is really only 5 abilities plus your free filler on occasion.

Edited by Corran

tactics vanguard by far. no contest.

fewest total abiities in the game of any class, needing the fewest keybinds of any class in the game.

only a handful of dps abilities

no rotation - priority system

bleed keeps itself up just from your typical priority system, which means your priority system is really only 5 abilities plus your free filler on occasion.

It isn't hard, I agree, but nowhere as easy as MM sniper or arsenal merc for one simple reason: to squish out that extra dps means having to know when to heat ramp and dump heat. That's something arsenal mercs very rarely do, and MM snipers basically never. It isn't rare to see <random PT SM pugger> overheating in a fit of big numbers enthusiasm and then spamming rapid shots for some ten seconds in order to drop some heat.

My observations say <random SM pugger> performs better as merc or mm sniper than PT, going by either parses when people join up on raid parses or by being mindful of their casts and resource managements.

If you don't really care about dps numbers Arsenal Merc/Gunnery Commando would probably be my suggestion. It's literally spam tracer missile and hit your other abilities on CD, use vent heat when around 70+ heat.

If you want the easiest class that puts out competitive dps I'd suggest AP Powertech/Tactics Vanguard. You need to stare at the logic system (about 1/3 of the way down) and practice for a few minutes to get the hang of it - once you do though it's quite an easy spec to play, and does some insane burst with pretty good sustained damage too.

Edited by Avoxen

I am surprised no one has mentioned Infiltration/Deception Shadow/Assassin...literally 4 buttons for the actual dps. Rest are CD's and gap closers that all the other classes have as well.

plus it actually shows you when to press buttons. Most of time the button to press has been highlighted for you

It isn't hard, I agree, but nowhere as easy as MM sniper or arsenal merc for one simple reason: to squish out that extra dps means having to know when to heat ramp and dump heat. That's something arsenal mercs very rarely do, and MM snipers basically never. It isn't rare to see <random PT SM pugger> overheating in a fit of big numbers enthusiasm and then spamming rapid shots for some ten seconds in order to drop some heat.

My observations say <random SM pugger> performs better as merc or mm sniper than PT, going by either parses when people join up on raid parses or by being mindful of their casts and resource managements.

both pt/vg and sniper/gs have to weave in basics now. i have both classes at 65. i still find it easier to maintain energy while using fewer of those basic abilities on a pt/vg, and the fact that the class has the fewest abilities of all of the clases in the game, which translates to fewer needed keybinds, puts it head and shoulders above the rest.

I am a noob, and while I tried a few classes, the ones I get more comfortable with are the ones that are the easiest to 'dial' while not looking at the cast times and the keyboard. I still do not blind type, so I look for a rotation that does not make my fingers fly all over the alphabet. So, I like the ACs that have instants, and easy short priority system.

In that respect nothing beats AP/tactics, really. Once you memorized the opener that takes you through the different buttons, it is literally 1 through 6 depending which one is available, and 2 that lit up, and yeah, hit the basic attack if your heat getting too high, and your 2 HM cds are on CD. Plus one proc, plus one ability to weave in between. The movement is basically unrestricted. You can jump to, you can pull towards you AND you can run super fast.

EZ mode compared to a sniper that has to position, crouch, re-position, re-crouch, see the progress of each attack, has gazillion of skills and there is that point in rotation block where you have to execute the same attack twice in a row... ouch. HARD! ot to mention two procs, armor debuff, diversion, healing debufff...........................................

Don't judge :)

Also thought that Guardian Vigi was easy, as well as the Commando Assault in terms of rotation itself. But I can't stay on target with a guardian, and have tough time moving and surviving with the Commando (plus overheat is real in one raid I tried so far).

Edited by DomiSotto

Gunnery Commando/Arsenal Mercenary.

Spam Grav Round/Tracer Missile to gain stacks.

Spam Full Auto/Unload whenever it's available

Use Demo Round/Heatseeker Missile, if you can resource wise, on enemy who has debuff from Grav Round/Tracer.

Use HiB/Rail Shot at 5 stacks

this is the easiest + it's very fun.

Compare to Assassin VG is an exemplar of difficult rotation. Really, assassins don't even have a rotation. There is just voltaic spam + shock proc.

An advantage for a tactics vanguard is the rotation can be performed outside melee range. It isn't ideal, but it's superior to an assassin's abilities. Also, unlike an assassin, vanguards do not suffer any positional difficulties with their rotation.