Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class and Spec with Easiest DPS Rotation?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Class and Spec with Easiest DPS Rotation?

sumthingkreative
03.22.2015 , 06:57 PM | #1
Which class has the Easiest DPS rotation?

Merlinmagus
03.23.2015 , 05:50 AM | #2
I didn't tried all toon but I think it's slinger.

Bejarid
03.24.2015 , 12:00 AM | #3
From what little I've played thus far into SoR, Combat Sentinel/Carnage Marauder would get my vote. Mechanically, seems like absolutely nothing changed between the end of RotHC and now, leaving it in the same utterly bland and simple state it was post PS-reset change.
Aurrn (Commando DPS) Arrn (Mercenary)
<Wookiee Mistake/Unholy Alliance> Harbinger

Izisvi
03.24.2015 , 01:09 AM | #4
To be perfectly honest, I think it's a subjective thing. Some ACs have a rote, set in stone rotation that simply requires memorization (example, innovative ordinance mercs or virulence snipers). Some classes have a logic based system to follow(example, AP powertech or deception assassin). In my opinion, different people find different things easier to master.

The key is, whichever you choose, master it. Know it fully so that you don't have to think about it when fighting, and you can focus on the fights.

Revanchist Tru'missiles
<Death and Taxes> Prophecy of the Five

mastervalkar
03.25.2015 , 09:19 PM | #5
Marksmen Snipers and Sharpshooter Gunslinger. By far the easiest class to level after 3.0 hit. Suppressive Fire/Sweeping Gunfire mega damage boost after lvl 12, its sadly the only ability you will use 90% of the time. The 10% where you actually Single target, Penetrating Rounds/Shot and Ambush/Aimed Shot basic have you winning before you even began the fight. By far the easiest to level, bar none

Next up any Guardian or Jugg DPS spec is fairly easy to level in, but harder to master in endgame

Lightning Sorc/TK Sorc, even after the nerf coming soon will still be very easy to level as well
Arkaine (Jedi & Sith) - Rendarr (Troopers/BHs) - Prowler (Agents & Smugglers)

Projawa
03.28.2015 , 09:00 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Bejarid View Post
From what little I've played thus far into SoR, Combat Sentinel/Carnage Marauder would get my vote. Mechanically, seems like absolutely nothing changed between the end of RotHC and now, leaving it in the same utterly bland and simple state it was post PS-reset change.
Arsenal merc and lightning sorc are very easy.

At a high end PVE view, carnage marauder is easy at first glance but is actually harder than it seems. It's still harder and more fun than annihilation and rage despite Bioware's best efforts to make it the derp marauder spec in 3.0

Halinalle
03.30.2015 , 02:46 AM | #7
Gunnery Commando/Arsenal Mercenary.

Spam Grav Round/Tracer Missile to gain stacks.
Spam Full Auto/Unload whenever it's available
Use Demo Round/Heatseeker Missile, if you can resource wise, on enemy who has debuff from Grav Round/Tracer.
Use HiB/Rail Shot at 5 stacks

Breidr
11.15.2015 , 01:44 PM | #8
Thanks for all the info everyone. Right now I'm leaning towards a gunslinger/sniper or commando/mercenary. That narrows it down a little bit.

Now I just have to hash out which would work better for me. I'm interested in both classes story wise so it's not an issue there. The issue is "can I pull it off."

The cover mechanic seems like it will work for me here, but I'm not sure. I've also heard mercenaries and commandos can have easy to manage rotations.

I'd like to know more about these two advanced classes.

AndoEyrune
11.15.2015 , 01:48 PM | #9
Arsenal merc by far.
Vendrine <LS>

"I'm Done"
-Kytera 2016 (RIP)

Breidr
11.15.2015 , 02:49 PM | #10
mispost please ignore