Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Have Beta testers gotten a reward........

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Have Beta testers gotten a reward........

Hironobu
12.16.2011 , 07:37 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Nebbycat View Post
For testing the game?

Dont mean to ask, and its cool if not. Was just wondering if BW gave out a title, pet or something for testing the game.

It was just as much a marketing ploy as it was a test. Do you want a reward for succumbing to marketing? They are giving it out in waves.
. was OP
Lightsaber, MK I:
()=====[]@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
The December Crew

HouseMcCune
12.16.2011 , 07:38 AM | #22
I was lucky enough to be a full time beta tester. I say lucky, because while I would love you to believe that it as my mad skills that earned me a beta invite, it was really just random luck. BW pulled my name out of a hat.

To answer you question: No, there was no gift like you are thinking I.e. No pet, no title etc. It was cool to play for free for months and feel like you had a small part in making this game great, and I'm sure most ft testers will agree, that was pretty cool by itself.

Cheers,
Look, I ain't in this for your revolution, and I'm not in it for you, Princess. I expect to be well paid. *I'm* in it for the money.

C.E. 7.21.11: First Wave, D-day -7

Mephane
12.16.2011 , 07:40 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by jedip_enguin View Post
Partaking in a beta test of a highly anticipated game is its own reward, stop being such entitled *******es...
This. Being able to try the game way before release is the reason why most people apply for beta at all, including myself. The glee when you receive your beta invitation, install the client, and hop into the game weeks or months before release is the reward.
Ceterum censeo chat bubbles addenda et party bomb reddendum esse.
---
The Alot is Better Than You at Everything

Tiam
12.16.2011 , 07:42 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Nebbycat View Post
For testing the game?

Dont mean to ask, and its cool if not. Was just wondering if BW gave out a title, pet or something for testing the game.
Of course not. None of the general testers got anything except the time to beta tester. It was annoying seeing people even ask for this in general beta every single time new people came to test.
GW2 pre-orders coming April 10th.
https://buy.guildwars2.com/
PlanetSide 2 betahttp://www.planetside2.com/

VonZimmerman
12.16.2011 , 07:48 AM | #25
The beta test was the reward... remember how you felt when you first got to log in?..

Thats it.

Beta testers getting a reward when the game goes live is nuts..
First mmorpg - Ultima Online - 1997
Latest mmorpg - The Old Republic - 2011

Star Wars the Old Republic 6 month subscriber.

Velerak
12.16.2011 , 07:51 AM | #26
The reward we get is a game that is almost bug and lag free on day one (in four days time). Anyone in the beta should think of it as time invested to enhance the game they are likely going to be playing for the next 5+ years

If BW decided to give us a little something like beard trimmers for the severe uberbush that my Sage currently has hanging from his chin I wouldn't say no

Holt
12.16.2011 , 07:53 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Nightsyte View Post
My reward was being able to log in and go through levels 1 through 10 without flopping around like a fish out of water yelling "WHAT DOES THIS BUTTON DO?!?"
Same here