Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

My initial reaction to SWTOR...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
My initial reaction to SWTOR...

Dayln
12.14.2011 , 01:36 PM | #11
My wife was absolutly sure she would not like this game, she is farily new ( 2 years ) to MMO's and has played a couple of them.

He got in the weekend beta after thanksgiving and fell in love with SWTOR

LOVES the game, she will be very excited tonight when she finds out that she just now got in.
I have a bad feeling about this

Ocho-Quatro
12.14.2011 , 01:37 PM | #12
I think the only thing that would "concern" me about teaming for class missions (honestly, regardless of WHICH class, because eventually I will play them all)... is that being a "spectator" on someone else's class-mission, will be nothing but storyline spoilers. And at least ONCE through, I would like to experience the story on my own, in the correct order.

I think that makes sense right???

Where is my "GO TO A BLANK SCREEN, AND TAKE A BIO BREAK/GO GET A BEER/SLICE OF PIZZA WHILE THE ACTIVE PLAYER WATCHES THE CLIP" option?

Quote: Originally Posted by Nanoling View Post
We need a few words about the way you and your wife raise your children.
I am always open for advice.... Although right now, the kids are SO stinking jealous that Mommy and Daddy are playing a Star Wars game... I let them watch the opening cinematic, and they just sat there with glazed over eyes. My sons are 8, 6 and 4... and they live and breath all things Star Wars. In THAT regard, I believe I have done a stellar job as a parent

First off, "I want a drink" Really? unless it's single malt the child is asking for you have obviously failed as a parent. If he specifically asked for Lagavulin, on the other hand, kudos to both of you.
It's a beer house. I'm more of a beer snob than a liquor snob. It's a life-choice really. However, I only let the kids drink water. Tap water. None of those silly filters either, if it's coming out brown/orange, that's the same as taking an iron vitamin supplement... And those things are expensive!

Second, the peeing. The correct answer is "What? you peed this morning!"
That is my answer EVERY time... "Didn't you JUST go??? Geez son, learn to hold your beer, because once you pop-the-cork, you're gonna be peeing all night long."

And finally "my brother hit me" Really? May i remind you that as a parent that's your job?
Stop letting your children do the work. hit them yourself, you lazy bugger.
It's called "delegating"..... Learn it. Live it.

Just kidding, man... Nice review, though.
Thanks!

Quote: Originally Posted by Dayln View Post
My wife was absolutly sure she would not like this game, she is farily new ( 2 years ) to MMO's and has played a couple of them.

He got in the weekend beta after thanksgiving and fell in love with SWTOR

LOVES the game, she will be very excited tonight when she finds out that she just now got in.
We husbands with gaming wives have to stick together.

Wife Aggro??? What the hell is that? The only wife-aggro I get, is if I want to log off before she does
<Fortitude>
Parentheses - Shadow - Apostrophe - Guardian - Apos'trophe - Sage
Périod - Commando - Apostrophé - Scoundrel - Proper - Sage

The Punctuation Legacy

Krissen
12.14.2011 , 01:44 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Dayln View Post

_He_ got in the weekend beta after thanksgiving and fell in love with SWTOR

It's a trap!

Ocho-Quatro
12.14.2011 , 04:15 PM | #14
Let's review the facts regarding the concept of the video-gaming-wife:

1- Presumably, you find her attractive, otherwise you likely would not have married her. This qualifies her as "hot".

2- If she married you, that means she is probably open to the idea of having sex with you, possibly on a regular basis. This combined with #1 above, means you are sleeping with a "hot woman who wants you naked."

3- She plays online computer games. This makes her "awesome".

4- More specifically: she plays an online computer game about STAR WARS. This makes her "perfect".

So let's review; The video-gaming-wife is:

"An awesomely hot woman, who is perfect, and wants to get you naked."

Epic Win.
<Fortitude>

The Punctuation Legacy

Ocho-Quatro
12.16.2011 , 07:46 AM | #15
Anyway... enough of this. Move along! GO Play!
<Fortitude>

The Punctuation Legacy

lucasomega
12.16.2011 , 07:51 AM | #16
I love the humor of this thread. The review was good too haha.
I shot first.