Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Early quality of life enhancement suggestions.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Early quality of life enhancement suggestions.

Slift
12.16.2011 , 07:31 AM | #1
Okay, so. First of all. As a healer... It's kinda (Read: Really) annoying that you either heal or hurt.

Lemme explain. Selecting a heal/buff move while targeting an enemy? Heals -you- not the enemy's current target. That's kinda... REALLY annoying when you're trying to help. Sorcerer? Fighting some guy? Khem tanking and dying? Static shield! Oh wait, no, you've cast it on yourself if you're targeting the enemy.

While we're on that. Agro. I have no clue how it works, but it seems overtly complicated and just... Doesn't. Black Talon Flashpoint? Friend is a Juggernaut with Vette. I'm a sorcerer with Khem. Khem nabs the last boss's attention and she, for all her will DID NOT LEAVE HIM ALONE. I turned him passive, I turned off his shadow warrior aura. With me running around the room, leading Khem with me... She ignored the Juggernaut until Khem died. Then proceeded to target -me-, then Vette when I was half dead.

To me, ignoring the big burly dude stabbing you with a saber while the others run away -kinda- seems like agro ain't generating like it should be for quality of life. I'm assuming it's checked based on damage done instead of any inherent argo modifiers a player might have. But... Maybe Juggernauts and Guardians should have a (hidden) buff that taunts a small area around them when they attack anything? They... are tanks after all. Sentinels, Shadows, Marauders and Assassins? Only taunt the enemy they're actively attacking (Thus being 'off tanks' and decent support.) Ranged guys? Same deal, aim for the dudes that aren't medics. Troopers and BH first.

Finally, targeting boxes. I've noticed Khem is a big dude. His 'clickable' area? HUUUUUGE. It's a good half-meter aura around him. So when I'm trying to talk to people (And I like my camera at a reasonable distance away.) more often than not... I get Khem and him telling me he doesn't want to talk to me.

I mean, I'd click -on- Khem, physically, if I wanted to target him, right? Not the air around him. Can I have that as an option? Because it makes picking anyone out in melee to heal -really- hard unless I grab them from the party window (And frankly, I use hotkeys for my powers, so my mouse is for targeting)

Otherwise? Awesome. Enjoying myself despite these little hicups. I'm sure the forum dwellers will tear my argument to pieces, but... Eh. I've had my rant about what's irked me. Well, I'd love to dismantle 2V-R8 or at least turn off his vocabulator... Or install a less 'suck up' personality... But I can deal for the moment.

XeeThot
12.16.2011 , 07:36 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Slift View Post
Okay, so. First of all. As a healer... It's kinda (Read: Really) annoying that you either heal or hurt.

Lemme explain. Selecting a heal/buff move while targeting an enemy? Heals -you- not the enemy's current target. That's kinda... REALLY annoying when you're trying to help. Sorcerer? Fighting some guy? Khem tanking and dying? Static shield! Oh wait, no, you've cast it on yourself if you're targeting the enemy.
Function keys are your friend (F1, F2, F3, F4, etc...), use them to quick select you (F1), and other party members (companions included, but always in the end of the line).

Problem solved. I like to heal me while shooting at the mob, tho.
SWTOR Rumor Central - Turning rumour into humour.
Downloaded the game at 0.9 - 1.2 MB/s from the RED ZONE

Larishet
12.16.2011 , 07:49 AM | #3
I like it this way. I've played games that heal or buff the target's target. Its too buggy.