Game virtually unplayable now, can't even tell when my cooldowns are on properly.

SunwindIon

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://imageshack.us/f/696/cdforcestasis.jpg/

Please tell me which abilities are on CD. Now attempt to put yourself in a fast reaction scenario and look again, which abilities are on CD?

Wouldnt you say the abilities that are colored blue are hard to distinguish between being on/off CD?

This right here. This change is murder on Force Stasis because of the color of the icon. There's nothing like tackling an elite that you have to interrupt and trying to juggle those interrupts when you can't even tell one is on cooldown in those last ten to fifteen seconds.

This right here. This change is murder on Force Stasis because of the color of the icon. There's nothing like tackling an elite that you have to interrupt and trying to juggle those interrupts when you can't even tell one is on cooldown in those last ten to fifteen seconds.

Ironically I had that problem on my Chapter 1 final boss.

I'm gonna have to agree with reverting the change on this. Originally, I said it wasn't bad, just that the original method was better. But, after playing for hours and watching myself stand around like a zombie I'm gonna have to say this method is absolutely terrible.

If BW doesn't want to revert it, making the CD animation yellow or green or something, maybe have a small countdown timer, because this method is just plain silly.

I can only imagine the look on peoples faces after posting that they have no problem, then they go ingame to play and at one point during a tough PVP fight or something they try to use a seemingly available ability to get them out of a sticky situation, but oh no! what's that, it's not actually off cooldown!? then they eat humble pie but they're still too arrogant to post that they were wrong on the forum.

:o

I honestly don't understand how people can have no problem with this.

I can only think they either play a class/spec that has next to no CDs or they just randomly mash buttons (maybe with a gaming keyboard for macros). Those are the only two cases where this wouldn't affect people.

Other than that.... well.... :confused: it just sucks.

the UI in general is very very weak! so so many things missing and not working or buggy. then EA/BW puts up a video showing the great things comin in the next update for the UI. what i see on that video is not much and ALL other MMOs had these features at launch (MMOs launched in the past 3/4 years).

unreal

Originally, I said it wasn't bad, just that the original method was better. But, after playing for hours and watching myself stand around like a zombie I'm gonna have to say this method is absolutely terrible.

If BW doesn't want to revert it, making the CD animation yellow or green or something, maybe have a small countdown timer, because this method is just plain silly.

Welcome to the right side of the force ;)

Edited by vandana_

My personal theory is that some artsy folks who don't actually play the game were sad that their pretty buttons were greyed out so much of the time.

It's a pretty disturbing theory, honestly. The fact that this change wasn't hotfixed, combined with the lack of response, indicates that it was on purpose. Which indicates that there is at least one person high-up in the chain making very bad decisions. I'll bet there are multiple developers silently raging along with us, too.

No this was their 'fix' for ability delay. The problem was obviously that you were just mashing abilities before the gcd was done so they changed the graphics on the GCD.

So, no more ability delay bugs...what do we fix next guys?

You made my day ;)

I am stickin' with my guns on this one and claiming that while it is annoying, I have BARELY noticed a difference after I got used to it.

Claiming it's unplayable is WAYYY over reacting.

/agree took some getting used too

I am stickin' with my guns on this one and claiming that while it is annoying, I have BARELY noticed a difference after I got used to it.

Thanks for telling me this and making it ok. Next time I click on my ability and it says not ready when it looks ready I will think of your post and know everything is ok.

Wait.....what?

On a side note, why do people make their problems sound like everyone is having the same problem? Has it occurred to the OP that the way it is now helps more people that it's hurt?

Some problems are like that, and a lot of posts on these forums have just be been whines.

But problems like ability delay, low fps problems on high end systems, and now this CD icon change, are problems that do affect a lot of players, therefore you see more than just the "usual suspects" posting about them. That's how you can tell - the size of a thread is an important indicator, but that could just be the "usual suspects" repeating themselves. But if you have a big thread AND a variety of people posting (like with this thread, the ability delay threads, and the fps threads) you know there's a legitimate problem here.

after playing for a few hours last night, i also can confirm and agree that this is completely a fubar'ed change to the games combat mechanics. i wouldnt go to far as to say that its completely "game-breaking"... but it is definately a change for the worse and NEEDS to be fixed, and soon.

It is pretty much game-breaking, IMO, when combat now basically involves... staring at the quickbar and quickbar ONLY, thinking 'was the skill i just pressed still on CD and didn't register or, was it the ability delay??' all the time. And things IS a whole lot worse with the ability delay issue. :(:(:(

I only do PvE, so imagine the agony of the PvP gamers. :(

It needs to get fixed ASAP.

Edited by MilkPudding

If in fact you are listening to these posts. We all know you see the problems in game. Be it game mechanics, or under the hood type stuff; we all know you know this game in and out. That is why we are so upset as a community. This game has been in development for what 5 or 6 years? If its so hard, please talk to other game designers. Talk to the developers from the original SWG; even the post SOE team! Talk to people from other continents. Talk the people at Oracle. Talk to professors at colleges who do also do this stuff for a living also. But TALK to someone!!! This is 2012, as a people we have the internet, we have endless forms of communication. Don't let Star Wars down like this. Its ok, we know you are working hard on the matter. Heck I will even pay a dollar in my subscription just to pay for there expertise in the matter. I support the developers, and know you are having a heck of a time, but please please please, don't make this game into another; woulda, shoulda, coulda; type of big picture. :confused:

It doesn't bug me too much, but the old way was easier to manage. If you have some sense of what's going on and your abilities are still on cooldown, and you have the resources to do so after the cooldown goes away, you should be aware that you have the resources to do so despite the icon being greyed out. Having everything lit up is really distracting for long cooldown abilities. If something has over a 1 minute cooldown and I am 4 secs from using it, you can barely tell if its useable unless I mash the button. 4 seconds is a long time in these types of games.

I think they can do one of two things. Make this function a toggle feature in the menu, or make the lit up abilities look slightly different, but not greyed. If they added number countdowns (which IMO would be a total UI eyesore), make it a toggle feature.

Make it all a toggle feature.

I was wondering what the deal was with my deflection ability last night. It looked like it was off of cooldown, but wasn't working. I'm sure this ui change is what the issue was. Thanks for pointing it out! Please revert this change bioware :)

Yeah, that will be this issue exactly.

I am lending my support. I mentioned yesterday in another thread that I didn't even notice a difference until I remembered that the UI had supposedly changed after the patch, and I was immediately attacked and called a "legendary bad" even though I have everything hotkeyed.

Maybe my eyesight is just that much better, or perhaps as a player who is very hotkey-obsessive I need only to glance at the button to discern the little blue cooldown shadow, but to say this issue is game-breaking is hyperbole at its worst.

I'm certainly not opposed to them switching it back to the old way, but people need to stop overreacting to the most minor of issues.

Did you try the PTR? Did you report it?

if i was able to play for free then yeah id consider it, but no way in hell will i pay 15Euro a month to do their work ???

but since you are sutch a good guy could you please go to work for me tomorrow give me all the money and pay me 10 Euro for the fun you have doing it ?

Edited by DerangedOne