BiS Tanking relics for each class *confused*

alkhattabi

elite war hero is better than on use shield/absorb for both jugg and PT. you could argue about tank swap and burst phase etc... but for the most part, the old pvp relics are better. the ewh relic is better than the ehaly relic if pre mitigation dps is 6.9k

this is all in http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=645948

Edited by dipstik

^^^ Pretty much this.

I use Underworld Relic of Fortunate Redoubt and Elite War Hero Relic of Imperiling Serenity. (Jugg Tank)

Sure I take a fairly big Endurance hit using the EWH over a second underworld, but the static 120 defence rating all the time is far more useful than a clicky effect.

• 3 weeks later...
Shadow: Fortunate Redoubt and Emphemeral Healing

Right now I'm in the process of gearing up, and from what I was originally told, you want your defense ~20%. Mine is sitting around 23%. With that being said, would it be better to go with a relic like:

• Shrouded Crusader - Increases Shield Rating and Absorb Rating by 265 for 30 seconds
  • Shield Amplification - Shielding an incoming attack grants 550 Absorb Rating for 6 seconds

Since absorb is so good for Shadows?

Thank you :jawa_smile:

Nevermind. Found the answer in another thread:

For your Shadow, you'll want to replace the abs proc relic with the def proc relic when you can can and, on the Juggernaut, swap out the Imperiling Serenity for Shrouded Crusader. Defense isn't as valuable for a Shadow as Absorb, but the passive Defense on it make it better, and the Shield/Abs use lasts 30 seconds compared to the 20 seconds on the Def use relic.
Edited by Liwilliams

• 4 weeks later...
Shadow: Fortunate Redoubt and Emphemeral Healing

Guardian: Fortunate Redoubt and Shrouded Crusader

Vanguard: Fortunate Redoubt and Shrouded Crusader

for vanguard - do you still feel shrouded is best second relic now that they fixed the relics and they both can proc

for vanguard - do you still feel shrouded is best second relic now that they fixed the relics and they both can proc

The BiS for all tanks now is double proc relic. The use relic was only there because you *couldn't* go with 2 proc relics. There are still some fights where it's better to have a use relic, specifically, those that have large amounts of tanks swapping with extended downtime (TWH and TfB are both excellent examples of this) but it's only marginally better than double proc relic for those situations while substantially worse in every other.

Why is ephemeral mending good for Shadows but not for Vanguards? At least on fights where the boss has a cleave, it seems like Ephemeral Mending would proc (almost) as often for a Vanguard as for a Shadow.

And yet people still wonder why their class is no up to par. Proof here that it is not the class but the player.

Don't mind him, he seems to prefer trolling to rational discussion.

I'm not very familiar with Powertechs, but I assume you're referring to some kind of healing proc on your cell? I think the difference would be because of both the proc on Assassin's charge as well as the 3 ticks of force lightning, Assassins are much more likely to proc the healing relic at a greater frequency than a Powertech would. The difference in frequency being the difference between "very useful" and "could be useful but others are better".

That said, I believe the current theory is that proc absorb and proc defense are best for all tanks now, including Assassins.

Vanguards (DPS and tank) get some very minor healing when they take AOE damage - 2.5% of total health, 3s rate limit. That's an average of 6s-ish to proc the healing relic. I haven't played a shadow and don't know how frequently their self-heals actually happen, but that puts an upper bound of it being 30% more valuable to Shadows than Vanguards *while taking regular AOE damage*. Edited by Kuciwalker

Vanguards (DPS and tank) get some very minor healing when they take AOE damage - 2.5% of total health, 3s rate limit.

It may be useful during stage 2 of TFB since every hit of "phasic spittle" you are taking is an AoE which procs "Close and Personal"(The PT version of the ability you mention). However for most other bosses I dont see it being effective for a PT/VG purely because our healing is based on damage taken not ability usage and cant think of any other boss in NiM content whos base attack is an AoE.

For Assassins it's a 50% chance to heal on all damage dealt (by the player) with a 4.5s internal cooldown, so has no bearing on being hit at all (i.e., they don't even have to be the main tank). They also have their self heals which they can get off on average around every 12s (I forget the real numbers, I could be off) which ticks 3 times over 3s.

Ignoring harnessed darkness, the fact that it only procs on AOE is a big difference. It may come out ahead for vanguards in very specific circumstances, but I don't think it would be often enough to gear for it. Especially now, since it's being said that the others are better even for Assassins.

Edited by MillionsKNives

I believe (need to double-check to be sure) that all cleaves proc it.

It does because C&P procs from any AoE but the boss usage of a cleave is static in their rotation,(im not some super wiz like Dip or KBN so correct me if im wrong.) your gonna be cleaved once every fifth to fifteenth attack. So in most situations most other relics would be much more effective.

Vanguards (DPS and tank) get some very minor healing when they take AOE damage - 2.5% of total health, 3s rate limit. That's an average of 6s-ish to proc the healing relic. I haven't played a shadow and don't know how frequently their self-heals actually happen, but that puts an upper bound of it being 30% more valuable to Shadows than Vanguards *while taking regular AOE damage*.

It's not bad idea per say, but you would really need to examine the actual frequency of area attacks as well as what kinds of attacks are defined to fit the criteria for the heal proc. For example, in a brief look at some logs from last week, the heal activated only 13 times on Dash'roode, 12 times on Thrasher, but a whopping 35 times on Titan 6. The first two cases don't give me reason to believe that the relic would be proccing frequently enough, but there may be fights like Titan 6 where that frequency would be significantly higher.

Not taking any shots. I just am 100% against tanks equipping the EM relic. The healing relic is for healers, not tanks. Especially for VG or PT and even shadow/sin tanks that have a high shield chance, the absorb proc is BIS due to the higher proc frequency. And yea as content gets harder, bosses will hit harder so the absorb proc will continue to absorb more damage for harder hitting bosses.

for Shadows in the Arkanian tier: before getting the Fortunate Redoubt relic, which Arkanian relic would people recommend along with the Shield Amplification? dipstik's chart says Shield clicker (Shrouded Crusader). thanks in advance. Edited by hlavinkaXVX

for Shadows in the Arkanian tier: before getting the Fortunate Redoubt relic, which Arkanian relic would people recommend along with the Shield Amplification? dipstik's chart says Shield clicker (Shrouded Crusader). thanks in advance.

Healing relic, idt that has changed.