Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

/signed

Well constructed and well thought out post.

Hopefully our plea's do no fall on deaf ears.

they haven't fallen on deaf ears. the devs just won't acknowledge that they are doing the game more harm then good for the APAC region.

Edited by Jarlgon

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from the state of the game update:

We are very aware of the concerns with the population levels on the Oceanic servers. The problem is pretty complex, as the solutions we have either split the populations further (like allowing Oceanic players to move to North American servers), or would force players to go to server types (PvP or RP, etc…) that they do not want to be on. Our current plan is to wait for Free-to-Play to launch and see what the influx of new players does to the populations of these servers. We will give it a little time and if we do not see significant improvement, then we will move ahead with the solution that offers the best playing experience for the Oceanic community.
Edited by orpheus

Jeff and our team wanted to be able to talk about the topic in his address and now you have the latest on our plans. Thank you all for your patience on this!

not really Joveth. The post says you will wait for F2p, give it a "little" time and then "decide" which solutions gives us the best gameplay experience.

Too many things up in the air for my liking. If a F2P player comes along, and sees the pop difference between us and say the bastion/harbinger it would make more sense for them to go there. If you transfer us to the US servers, then we have to give up the latency of APAC servers.

You guys do realize that between now and then you will have more people getting out of the game due to population issues.

I still tyhink a server merge to a PVE with a seperate chat channel for RP would be the best solution. Those who want to pvp can flag themselves, and it will be an APAC community where we do not have to hear constant moaning about taxes, which idiot should be heading a country we dont give a flying hoot about or how someone scored a fecking homerun in a 9 hour match

i've already posted on the "State of the Game" thread, which frankly has a lot of embelishment throughout it. Hopefully they do something before f2p, because the f2p crowd will mostly likely see the population is low on all three APAC servers (not so low when you combine them) and head over to the NA servers (more detrimental to the game in our region)

Even if F2P brings in thousands of new APAC players BioWare, these are not the players we want, nor are they the players we need. Any new F2P players that join will take months to get to max level. Not only that, they have limited access to WZs. No access to Operations. No access to Ranked WZs.

The population is affecting people right now, already level 50 and wanting to PvP and do operations, and we are asking for a fix right now. This cannot wait for weeks after F2P hits for your evaluation. The only short-term issue F2P will affect is the pre-50 WZ queue times. The people complaining about the population are already level 50 and are unable to get a level 50 WZ in peak hours.

How are you even planning on evaluating our population issues after F2P? "60 players on Dromund Kaas and 90 on Korriban? APAC players are fine now. <3 BioWare" simply won't cut it.

Even if I start seeing 200 people on fleet again after F2P it will mean squat to me if I still can't find a replacement for an open position in an Ops group - which is exactly what will happen (if it attracts more players to our servers at all).

Edited by Chaori

Even if F2P brings in thousands of new APAC players BioWare, these are not the players we want, nor are they the players we need. Any new F2P players that join will take months to get to max level. Not only that, they have limited access to WZs. No access to Operations. No access to Ranked WZs.

The population is affecting people right now, already level 50 and wanting to PvP and do operations, and we are asking for a fix right now. This cannot wait for weeks after F2P hits for your evaluation. The only short-term issue F2P will affect is the pre-50 WZ queue times. The people complaining about the population are already level 50 and are unable to get a level 50 WZ in peak hours.

How are you even planning on evaluating our population issues after F2P? "60 players on Dromund Kaas and 90 on Korriban? APAC players are fine now. <3 BioWare" simply won't cut it.

Even if I start seeing 200 people on fleet again after F2P it will mean squat to me if I still can't find a replacement for an open position in an Ops group - which is exactly what will happen (if it attracts more players to our servers at all).

we won't see that many players on one of our server's fleets when f2p comes. most of the f2p crowd will go to NA servers

Edited by Jarlgon

Jeff and our team wanted to be able to talk about the topic in his address and now you have the latest on our plans. Thank you all for your patience on this!

So we're looking at another week for ftp, another 2-4 weeks to let the new players get to max level and lets say another 2-4 weeks for a decision to be reached. I'm really not sure if I can bothered to stay on Master D if I have to wait that long, but then again maybe ftp will be the answer to all our prayers hey? :rak_09:

Jorveth,

You say you want to talk about the topic - but it's not a discussion when one party refuses to listen to the other. Trying to talk to Bioware about this is like talking to a brick wall.

You've come out and said you are waiting to see what F2P is going to do - have you seen the above posts? Have you read this thread? This community has already determined, with absolute finality, exactly how F2P will NOT solve the server population issue.

I'm not going to re-hash the stats but - Merge the servers. No-one is going to leave, no-one cares anymore and if there are limited amounts of players that DO care about PvP or PvE playability, offer them transfers to the States.

This community wants and needs a reasonable solution. F2P will have zero impact on the situation.

Edited by Scorpiooooo
missing word

Jorveth,

You say you want to talk about the topic - but it's not a discussion when one party refuses to listen to the other. Trying to talk to Bioware about this is like talking to a brick wall.

You've come out and said you are waiting to see what F2P is going to do - have you seen the above posts? Have you read this thread? This community has already determined, with absolute finality, exactly how F2P will NOT solve the server population issue.

I'm not going to re-hash the stats but - Merge the servers. No-one is going to leave, no-one cares anymore and if there are limited amounts of players that DO care about PvP or PvE playability, offer them transfers to the States.

This community wants and needs a reasonable solution. F2P will have zero impact on the situation.

I wouldn't go so far as to say zero impact, there will still be some impact. I just believe as a general rule that f2p players generally go to the highest populated servers.

Free to Play is a massive gamble, because i do not think that there will be many people in Asia/Pacific that will be interested in this game, because if they are they would be playing it free now to level 15.

My prediction for what its worth, is that the major volume of Free to Play players will be in Europe and United States and they already have their own servers.

I have moved to a server in North America and i get around 172ms its not great but it doesn't effect my game too much and i get to play with a lot of new friends i have made, i think with out a merger of all three oceanic servers the only option is to move

I have moved to a server in North America and i get around 172ms its not great but it doesn't effect my game too much and i get to play with a lot of new friends i have made, i think with out a merger of all three oceanic servers the only option is to move

I think you said that wrong, let me rephrase your post for you:

Thank you for ignoring me Bioware. I'll still pay you my money.

Why would they bother fixing a problem that will fix itself? Take a break, play another game until this company learns to appreciate you as a customer.

If you have a GF that keeps kicking you in the tenders, you don't learn to walk with your legs crossed, you get another GF.

Edited by Evgen

From what i wrote on the Master D forums...

very disappointing from BW.

F2P will not save this server.

F2P will only prolong its death.

We probably have to wait 2 more weeks for F2P. Then BW will evaluate this on our server over a period of 1-3 months minimum. Then they will sit on it for a little bit more. Then they will decide what to do, which is far too unpredictable.

In the mean time paid transfers will hopefully be implemented.

edit!!!! Please voice your concerns over their decision to wait for FTP in this thread and the following thread

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=552114

Edited by Cheezfriend

In the mean time paid transfers will hopefully be implemented.

Wow, I really can't understand this attitude. This is a good game and I like it, but it's buggy as hell, new content coming out is not that exciting. I can't see why you would want to pay to fix a problem caused by the company you are already paying money too. They fixed this problem for all the non APAC players months ago now and they are all getting much more for their money than we are.

Here is a list of things to do other than give more money to a company that is proving bad service to you, the paying customer:

• Play another game, 100% new content, lots of good ones out there
  • Spend more time with friends and family
  • Exercise
  • Watch paint dry
  • Bang your head against a wall
  • Burn your money

Only reason I'm still here is because I found a good guild recently that help for Rep side 50 content. Imp side and non 50 play is still unacceptable due to lack of action from Bioware/EA

I'm not sure how much longer I'll continue to pay though. I definitely won't pay to fix this problem myself. That is adding insult to injury.

Edited by Evgen

Wow, I really can't understand this attitude. This is a good game and I like it, but it's buggy as hell, new content coming out is not that exciting. I can't see why you would want to pay to fix a problem caused by the company you are already paying money too. They fixed this problem for all the non APAC players months ago now and they are all getting much more for their money than we are.

Here is a list of things to do other than give more money to a company that is proving bad service to you, the paying customer:

• Play another game, 100% new content, lots of good ones out there
  • Spend more time with friends and family
  • Exercise
  • Watch paint dry
  • Bang your head against a wall
  • Burn your money

Only reason I'm still here is because I found a good guild recently that help for Rep side 50 content. Imp side and non 50 play is still unacceptable due to lack of action from Bioware/EA

I'm not sure how much longer I'll continue to pay though. I definitely won't pay to fix this problem myself. That is adding insult to injury.

I understand I'm probably a minority, but I'm loving the game, satisfied by the quantity of content & having very few issues - most of which 1.5/F2P will likely fix for me.

I understand I'm probably a minority, but I'm loving the game, satisfied by the quantity of content & having very few issues - most of which 1.5/F2P will likely fix for me.

I'm loving this game too, and I wish more people that did would post as well, because so far its just the noisy angry ones that should have probably quit, but have made it their missions to make this place and game depressing for all involved.

I'm happy with their response, and it was obvious that F2P was big factor, so now the waiting begins.

I'm loving this game too, and I wish more people that did would post as well, because so far its just the noisy angry ones that should have probably quit, but have made it their missions to make this place and game depressing for all involved.

Congrats, you were in a guild large enough to sustain interest while the server around you dies.

While these forums have been toxic in a lot of ways, the negativity of this thread is only born of being let down.

I still love this game and will keep paying to enjoy it, but really what have the oceanic subscriber base got to look forward to this year? New vanity stuff, a new companion built on the reputation of a prior game, new dailies when so many people don't do the current ones as cash is plentiful, a new world boss (when we can't reliably down the last one because the player base is too thin), and more long queues for WZ and FPs and Ops.

All this while losing people to the normal game industry glut of christmas, and an influx of new players months away from being end game capable and reliable. In the mean time what is meant to be a MMO for causal games suffers from regular gamers logging in only casually. Not like the new free players will commit massive time to it, and casually players have lives so arn't on every night.

This is solved in the US and Europe by merged servers. Based off those words today we should not expect to see any action till February or March.

I get it, they cannot make a radical change right before an influx of players. But they can not hope to generate an influx to these servers just by releasing F2P. The asian market often finds less ping to the US servers anyway than Australia. The problems will still stand and poison the player base.

Do you think that there arn't guys already planning on day one of F2P to go to Korriban and Typhon and tell every new player to start on a more active server?