Roleplaying Flag

adawnwolf

I would love to see something like an RP flag that alters your character name's color (like you see with those flagged for PvP) or adds a small RP tag somewhere in the name. Anything to make it easier to identify other RPers by sight.

Could just type something like /rp on or something similar to that to activate it.

Or atleast character bios so that I can put in there that I'm a roleplayer.

Edited by adawnwolf

I completely agree with this, I kind of got used to the idea of avoiding communication with players in most MMOs, due to the usual ridiculing by them if I attempt RPing and such, which is strange to happen on a RP server :/

None the less seeing a RP title/flag over someones head would be a very nice feature because it would encourage RP and also just be a nice indicator to know whether someone has the same hobby as you. Also nice if you want to just be OOC and grind a few missions, since you'll have it off at those times ;)

Whining about them ain't my job. I'm here to whine about RP stuff we need!

My apologies, it wasn't my intention to imply you shouldn't request features, I was simply lamenting the state of things.

Edited by fodigg

I remember there being a mod in WoW that would allow you to write a character bio and junk. Forgot what it was called.. FlagRP? Something like that? Are we allowed to use mods or patches or whatever the hell they're called, in this game? Edited by DuchessOfDork

I remember there being a mod in WoW that would allow you to write a character bio and junk. Forgot what it was called.. FlagRP? Something like that? Are we allowed to use mods or patches or whatever the hell they're called, in this game?

No, and that's not necessarily a bad thing.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't support this as much as I should, mainly because I like to be a little more spontaneous with these things. If someone is questing out in the world, I'd give them a hand and a "May the Force be with you." Who knows whether or not that person was a roleplayer, or whether or not that person may want to roleplay. But it certainly gives them the opportunity.

If there were a system in place that actively identified roleplayers, or those who wanted to engage in roleplay at that time, no doubt I'd subconsciously gravitate towards those players than I would that quester without the flag.

I don't know. I do support a roleplaying flag, but I'm hesitant at the same time.

Edited by Hrisskar

Yea coming from WoW I use to roll with a RP Flag called "MyRoleplay" and it was amazing. It allowed others to see you were a roleplayer as well as gave you a bio/description box for your character. Really hope either SW allows mods in the future...or makes these features themselves.

I like the idea and I do remember it from other games and it worked kinda good, for random rp atleast. But if they implement it I think imho a little icon will suffice and when you activate that icon you are automatically searchable in a who-list for RP.

If it was like the lfg icon I would agree that this would be a welcome feature. If it just changes the color of your name I would not. In LotRO so many people would rp flag just to have a white name tag without any desire to role play.

Things to "flag" yourself as "in character":

- Walk

- Mutter to yourself

- Yell for assistance, out of fear or in glee

- Emote at others

- Lie down or sit in the walkway (poisoned? hurt?)

- Be drunk

- Talk to NPCs

Anything like this will get my attention.

I agree with Cassiecat up there. My RP flag/recognizing others as having an RP "flag" up is walking instead of running.

When I think of myself as 'in character' and not just questing, I hit that little "/" key and start strolling along, and assume everyone else who is walking is doing likewise.

As much as the make-shift RP indicators are there, I think the premise of this post is to recognize that what builds, and helps to identify the Role-playing community, on servers that are supposed to foster it simply isn't there yet. The dependence shouldn't be left strictly to the player to discover and search for RP, the development team needs to assist and make sure the needs of it's communities are met.

I am for the ideas addressed in the first post, also the implementation of mods, as no one knows a community better than... the community (I'd like to think). For now it looks like we'll need to McGuyver our own Role-Playing indicators like a few posts have mentioned above, which I can get through, I just hope our voices aren't falling on deaf ears.