Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why are Humans and Sith really the most popular race and

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why are Humans and Sith really the most popular race and

IoNonSoEVero
01.17.2019 , 04:57 PM | #11
I've played humans, Twi'leks, Miralians, Sith and Zabraks. I have never really wanted to play as any of the others.

I wish that the cybernetic implants would just be a separate cosmetic option instead of a separate species because IMHO having an implant or fake arm or leg doesn't really qualify one as a 'cyborg.' To me a cyborg would be someone like Darth Vader or Draahg in the Sith Warrior story who can't live without the cybernetics.

Sonicphoto
01.17.2019 , 05:08 PM | #12
Because humans have so much variety in their customization. I always want to do alien but I always struggle when making them, its harder to find a unique look that I like. Like every time I try doing a twilek for example, I feel it reminds me to one npc. So my mains on all classes are mostly human, one cyborg and one chiss. The chiss at least does have some decent options enough. The other thing is humans you can do any class of, where as other aliens you need to pay the unlock to use that alien in that specific class.

In the case of cathar and togruta, they can be bought with cartel so you will definitely see less of those. Though you might see more now since they went on sale not so long ago and I made a BH cathar thanks to that.

But I am still trying to at least make some alien alts now, but the other issue is the voice, sometimes the voice just doesn't fit so well with the species.

Ardrossan
01.17.2019 , 05:09 PM | #13
I alternate between new races every time I make a character. However, during the last merge I lost half my characters [about 25], and when I picked and chose the ones that would survive, a lot of the aliens didn't get picked, so it's very lopsided now.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
Companions are a crutch for the weak.

VelvetSanity
01.17.2019 , 05:58 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Ld-Siris View Post
Haha as mostly empire side my Marauder would probably respond with a light saber through the gut. Assuming your race has a gut in the same spot humans do.
Assuming your marauder could catch her off guard, which doesn’t happen in the presence of humans. She has quite a few very good reasons to hate humans in general. Any that she doesn’t absolutely loathe and completely distrust are very notable exceptions.
Pre-CU Bria refugee
Syvari Lun - Cathar Jedi Sage
Darth Vaccina - Twi’lek Sith Sorceress

Ylliarus
01.17.2019 , 06:51 PM | #15
I have a self imposed compulsory rule I can only have 1 human character, which is my Sith Assassin. Twi'lek and Sith Purebloods are my favourite races and most numerous amongst my characters, followed by Cathar and Miraluka.
The SWTOR Revitalization Petition
This MMO deserves a revitalization, by receiving more funding, resources, manpower and publicity. If you agree with this, sign the petition to EA and Disney here!
And here is my referral link.

SithKoriandr
01.17.2019 , 07:13 PM | #16
Rattataki are bald. May not like the tattoo options either.

Zabrak have no good hair options. :/

Personally, I haven't liked a single Pureblood I've made.

Mirialan I just haven't gotten into, but I feel a male on of these is what the Smuggler is supposed to be.

Miraluka I feel have terrible mask options and I'd like more hair options.

Cyborg and Cyborg are my go to races myself, with Human if I really want the tattoo or scar option not allowed on the others. Though I may have rerolled the humans. I do have one twi'lek, because I like their dark side look.
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

Xenipher
01.17.2019 , 08:08 PM | #17
I have two SW, both human. I have two IAs, one human and the other is Chiss.
My Republic trooper is human. I'm just usually not a fan of playing aliens but for my Chiss IA it works nicely. She's also the only character who doesn't have a romance because she's already in love with a man she can't be with.

Yeldah_
01.17.2019 , 08:26 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by jediknightmiles View Post
Why don't people play any of the other races much? You never see a Cathar or Miraluka running around.
I think there are restrictions if you have not unlocked races with cartel coins. I think you once couldn't play as a sith pure-blood on Jedi classes for example.

Genaya
01.17.2019 , 08:28 PM | #19
Because most of the alien races are just humans with different skin colours and less customization options:

My Sith Warrior is a human, because human, cyborg and purebood are the only races that really fit the Sith Warrior's Korriban story arc but human gets the cool eye tattoo as Sith Warrior.

My Sith Inquisitor is human, because human is the only race that can get the face model I wanted for him.

My bounty hunter is human, because I wanted the BH-Human specific face tats.

Mirulaka are just humans with blindfolds. Cyborgs are just humans with cybernetics. Zabrak are just humans with horns and bad hairstyles. Twilek and Togruta can't wear helmets or hoods. I don't like the Cathar... at all, and never bothered to unlock them from the CM. Etc.

Normally in MMOs I try to create characters of every race for flavour and variety, but the racial options in SWTOR outside of Humans, Purebloods, Mirialans and Chiss don't really appeal to me, and in most cases there are better customization options for Humans than the latter three.

Kraysk
01.17.2019 , 09:07 PM | #20
Don't know, i don't play humans. I personally think that playing humans in SW setting is pretty meh and boring.
Most of my characters are Zabrak (imp/dark version). One of my sorcerers and one of shadow's are Twi'lek, the other sorcerer is Chiss, the other shadow and one of maradeurs are Miraluka, and my agent and my JK are Togruta. Oh, and my trooper, the only male char i have, is Cathar.
I didn't liked any of humans and purebloods i've made and deleted them all soon after creation. Humans are pretty average and boring and purebloods just look ugly to me.