Why do people think invites aren't being sent 100% based on first come first served?

Toat

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There have been a few 'claims' floating around that such and such got in and they pre-ordered Aug/Nov/Dec. There'ss never been any evidence to back up these claims though, that's true.

Slightly worrying but since there's no evidence to support it i'm not overly worried about it.

well also supposedly the beta testers are allowed in, not the weekend beta testers mind you but the ones that did the general beta testing for months.

not true.

I didn't enter my code until October (because I was ********) but I was a general tester. I am not in game yet.

People think that because their gullible and trolls are bored.

I got my pre-order invite December 20th....that's right I'm from the future playing right now.....in the future.

Do you think I'm in the future playing because I said I am? If you don't believe me, why do you believe someone who says their best friend's wife pre-ordered December 2nd and is invited?

There really isn't any reason to believe a lot of the claims flying around and I take them with a grain of salt myself.

But the other reason left off the list is, like the guy above somewhere and myself recently, many people have their own personal anecdotal experiences of people slipping in out of order.

So, even if one ignores the trolls and goes by what they know and see for themselves there will still be a large enough group of people who raise an eyebrow.

Edited by Nuran

well also supposedly the beta testers are allowed in, not the weekend beta testers mind you but the ones that did the general beta testing for months.

Nope. I did long-term beta testing and am not in. I didn't enter my code until September 1st, so... sometime in the next couple days, hopefully.

Edit: And I ordered a CE too, so there's also no truth to people with CEs getting in earlier. Or maybe they just left me out. ;)

Edited by LeandraNyx

No thats a lie, i was in the general beta test for months, i pre-ordered my game a looooooooong time ago, and i havent recieved a invite, and i did check my game by starting it up to login and check if i could play, no such luck, and now no more invites.

FU BW ^^:mad:

Because advertisement by some stores sent out 2 days ago, state that you will get acces on the 13th regardless of when you preorder, meaning you would get in AHEAD of those who preordered months ago from another site.

http://s100.photobucket.com/albums/m17/Thuran/?action=view&current=preorder.jpg

If it wasn't the case and the above advertisement is lying about early acces and doesn't remark in any way that its "from max 13th" instead of stating "on the 13th", then it is false advertising and in this country this would be ILLEGAL as it is informing the customer of a quality of the product that is different from the same product sold by other retailers and therefore can be judged to have a significant impact on the decision of the customer to purchase the game at this retailer instead of another. This is the kind of stuff that would make you LEGALLY ENTITLED to file a lawsuit against that retailer in this country, and I doubt that Gamestop are so stupid as to put themselves in such a position without first checking if they could actually guarantee access on the 13th, especially considering how tight they have been in following the rules regarding other releases where other retailers took a more flexible approach, namely the cataclysm release.

So, either Gamestop is about to get sued, or Bioware has been lying to us about who gets in when, although which of them is actually the case I don't know ^^

By entrance code I mean he recieved the email to join early access people, it's no bull the first come first serve is not happening and I also was a closed beta tester and have not recieved access today and now the waves of handouts are done for the day. So Closed beta testers did not get early access to clear that up . May the force be with us all....