Crafting tier 11 on PTS

Darev

Now, this might be temporary, I don't know.

But as of right now, this is what's on PTS for some changes revolving around crafting...just what I noticed last night.

Jawa Scrap vendor prices changed.

Grade (greens) 1-10 now priced at 1 jawa scavenged scrap per level.

examples:

Desh/Silica (grade 1 mats) = 1 scavenged scrap (same as live)

Polyplast (grade 5 mat) = 5 scavenged scrap.

Tier 11 mats ARE on the jawa vendor...probably just for testing, at 200 scrap each.

Right now, for new GREEN earpieces/mods/enhancements, you need 20 of the tier 3 crafting mat you get from conquest, and 20 of the tier 3 isotopes, available from pvp boxes/MM flashpoints/operations.

I hope that this will be lowered and as you suggest it simply a place holder because right now it seems unrealistic. Well just have to wait and see.

If they don't make gettings the materials easier , and or less expensive I'll stop crafting. I've mastered all the crafts and have schematics for up to 246 but they are useless because I'm in a small guild that does not do operations.

Feel like I've wasted a lot of time mastering crafting.

• 2 weeks later...
If they don't make gettings the materials easier , and or less expensive I'll stop crafting. I've mastered all the crafts and have schematics for up to 246 but they are useless because I'm in a small guild that does not do operations.

Feel like I've wasted a lot of time mastering crafting.

Crafting was a big part of the game, but since a lot of Decos and Armor went into the Cartel Market, you're unlikely to make easy millions and billions from crafting cosmetic stuff.

Ofc there are a few exceptions, sometimes for some reason people like the retro outfits, or decide to buy gear off the GTN rather than from vendors. There is some demand for gear, dyes, hilts and barrels and a few armour pieces that remain in demand. Don't give up hope. - But realize that crafting is no longer meant to be the money spinner it once was.

Would not surprise me if the ratios presented on the PTS stick around.

They REALLY do not want players using scrap to buy their way to the crafting skill cap. In expansions past, top grade materials were not even available for jawa scrap at new tier launch. If they are available at all at 6.0 launch, they will be expensive to deter mass purchase. Then at some point in the life cycle of the expansion the cost will come down.

The 1 scrap per level thing is new, and that is probably due to the overabundance of the jawa "currencies".

• 2 weeks later...
The 1 scrap per level thing is new, and that is probably due to the overabundance of the jawa "currencies".

Is that something we're going to see less of with the change in the gearing system, currently a lot of green / blue (and some purple) jawa scrap drop from GC crates. Will it just be a case of those becoming available via conquest in 6.0? They may choose to lower those costs at a later date once they've removed the excess scrap from the system as you mention.

Is that something we're going to see less of with the change in the gearing system, currently a lot of green / blue (and some purple) jawa scrap drop from GC crates. Will it just be a case of those becoming available via conquest in 6.0? They may choose to lower those costs at a later date once they've removed the excess scrap from the system as you mention.

They are not removing exess scrap, they are adding more .... a LOT more. That is why they are incresing the cost.

We still don't know the final numbers, but if this continue the best thing to do will be to spend all scrap before 6.0 on current cheap mats.

They are not removing exess scrap, they are adding more .... a LOT more. That is why they are incresing the cost.

We still don't know the final numbers, but if this continue the best thing to do will be to spend all scrap before 6.0 on current cheap mats.

Useful to know, thanks!

No...Why would you purchase the cheap mats as they're not used much as it is?

They're revamping the conquest crafting stuff from what I've seen on the PTS forums so it will be harder to craft that stuff & more expensive too.

My advice would be to just stockpile your Jawa junk at least until we are way closer to launch & see what comes out then.

No...Why would you purchase the cheap mats as they're not used much as it is?

They're revamping the conquest crafting stuff from what I've seen on the PTS forums so it will be harder to craft that stuff & more expensive too.

My advice would be to just stockpile your Jawa junk at least until we are way closer to launch & see what comes out then.

Most of all recipies that use mats from 1 to 9 will still be there. A lot of non end game gear sells a lot, like crystals and dyes, prefabs, grenades, some gear for looks even. That use lower grade mats that right now cost just 1 jawa junk/scrap. If in 6.0 its cost will go to up by seveal magnitude (1 per tier), then is better to spend what we have now. Think of if in economy terms. And for simplicity lets assume just an increase of price from 1 to 5 as an average (instead of 1 per tier). Jawa junk is like a third world currency but Mats come imported from overseas so they are priced in dollars. Up to 5.X 1 jawa junk = 1 dollar. Now BW will devaluate the jawa junk and you will need 5 to get a dollar. In real life goverments won't ever tell you they will devaluate their currency on X date. But in this case we do know. So no matter how much you have now, BW will influx so much more in 6.0 that your current stock will be nothing. If you spend it now on highly demanded mats you will making a much better profit than just hording and getting a lot less after 6.0.

Of course, like you well said, before spending we need to wait until we are closer to 6.0 launch. I play in PTS and after reading last Erics posts BW seems more determined to influx more jawa junk instead of lowering prices. But even if BW sees the light and lower grade 11 mats to like 30 instead of 200, it will be more profitable to get 30 mats now than 1 grade 11 later that will profit (or save) you a lot less.