Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

5,5 Focus Guardian

Equeliber
10.11.2017 , 10:23 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by fierohink View Post
For those that have juggled their rotation, what are you pulling on a dummy old vs. new? Has anybody seen an increase over pre-5.5? Do you have any parse to support your findings?
There is no way there is an increase without Freezing Force.
Ael Veela, Sith Marauder Klorea, Sith Sorcerer Cinthie, Sith Assassin Lora Leigh, Sniper Darth Malgus

winky
10.11.2017 , 11:25 PM | #12
Hi, these are my parses after 5.5:

Vengeance: 10106 DPS
Rage: 9662 DPS

The Rage DPS is now more crit based than before(I know, but now even more!)
So the dps was jumping around depending on crits a lot.

I was using retaliation, ravage, and force scream as fillers.
Feel free to check the rotation from parse.

Cuiwe
10.12.2017 , 12:38 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by AdjeYo View Post
The reason we use Storm/Scream is because the talent gained at level 28 makes it so that after Leap/Obliterate Storm/Scream generates 1 rage rather than spending 4. This makes Storm/Scream very cost-efficient.

I just checked both rotations on a dummy and they work out resourcewise. I think the second variant does slightly more damage, but I personally prefer the earlier one because it flows such much better in my opinion. Overall I think the rotation without Chilling Scream/Freezing Force flows a lot nicer in my opinion, it's just a shame we do so much less damage without it.
Ah yes, the Momentum. The relic of pre Focused Burst era. Completely forgot about that one.

Well...that should make rotation rather easy.
(too bad I'm done with my JK)
"I am not in this for politics, nor the wanton destruction, hell not even for credits. I have chosen this way of life because of the hunt and because it was pushed onto me on some ugly slimeball called a "pearl" and Honour bound me to this path ever onwards" Caelestinus

Cuiwe
10.12.2017 , 01:50 AM | #14
Update:

Well, yeah, that works. Fillers being Slash, Riposte and Master Strike. BUT! Let's take a look at this part of rotation(the part which got uber fked up):

Z.Leap -> Exhaust -> Slice -> Master -> [ Riposte + Freezing ] -> ...

The bracketed part can't be replicated without suffering resource loss(if you replace Freezing with Slash) and the following will change:

Burst -> Z.Leap -> Slice -> Sunder (will change to):
Burst -> Z.Leap -> Sunder -> Slice(EXACTLY ONE resource is missing!)

If you substitute Freezing with Storm, you'll break the flow of Discipline(would require HUGE Alacrity to pull off).

...it simply doesn't work anymore lol!
"I am not in this for politics, nor the wanton destruction, hell not even for credits. I have chosen this way of life because of the hunt and because it was pushed onto me on some ugly slimeball called a "pearl" and Honour bound me to this path ever onwards" Caelestinus

Cuiwe
10.12.2017 , 02:21 AM | #15
Unless I'm mistaken the following rotation should work:

Raging Burst - Force Crush - Furious Strike - Retaliation - Sundering Assault -Obliterate
Raging Bust - Force Scream - Furious Strike - Ravage - Retaliation - Obliterate + Enrage
Repeat

Where the opener is simply Charge + Enrage. You can shuffle abilities around a bit, for instance you can use Obliterate right after Raging Burst to get it into the increased damage window and take Force Crush to just before the second Raging Burst, that would look like this:

Raging Burst - Obliterate - Furious Strike - Retaliation - Sundering Assault - Force Crush
Raging Bust - Obliterate - Furious Strike - Ravage - Force Scream - Retaliation + Enrage
Repeat
Also, this rotation of yours works like a charm. Everything's lined perfectly, no resource problems and SIGNIFICANT dps boost when compared to Skye's. With my own silly 210s, I managed to get 7500 dps with the bolster. With Skye's, I was lucky to get 7000. So, to everyone:

Skye's rotation IS BROKEN! DON'T USE IT! It relied almost completely on broken status of Freezing to stay competitive.

flavmad
10.12.2017 , 05:55 AM | #16
I'm currently rolling with:

FL>CF>FB>ZL>FE>CS>Disp>BB>Slash>SS>CS>Rip>BS as opener, then:

CF>FB>ZL>FE>CS>BB>Rip>Slash>FB>ZL>SS>CS>Slash>BS>C F... as rotation.

No problems with force management and the dps is slightly increased on my parses. 100 dps increase average from 5.4 with FF.

Cuiwe
10.12.2017 , 06:37 AM | #17
How do you figure out these rotations?

To me, the act of doing so seems alien. I'm more of an user, less of designer. Tbh.

AdjeYo
10.12.2017 , 07:00 AM | #18
Quote:
I'm currently rolling with:

FL>CF>FB>ZL>FE>CS>Disp>BB>Slash>SS>CS>Rip>BS as opener, then:

CF>FB>ZL>FE>CS>BB>Rip>Slash>FB>ZL>SS>CS>Slash>BS>C F... as rotation.

No problems with force management and the dps is slightly increased on my parses. 100 dps increase average from 5.4 with FF.
I would recommend switching your rotation to this
FB>ZL>FE>CS>Rip>SS
FB>ZL>BS>CS>BB>Rip + CF

It keeps most of your rotation the same, but shortens it by switching around where BB is used, while also replacing one Slash with a Riposte, because Riposte is better than Slash in every way. For opening I'd recommend just using charge+CF and starting at the top, replacing the first retaliation with Dispatch.

flavmad
10.12.2017 , 07:26 AM | #19
I would recommend switching your rotation to this
FB>ZL>FE>CS>Rip>SS
FB>ZL>BS>CS>BB>Rip + CF

It keeps most of your rotation the same, but shortens it by switching around where BB is used, while also replacing one Slash with a Riposte, because Riposte is better than Slash in every way. For opening I'd recommend just using charge+CF and starting at the top, replacing the first retaliation with Dispatch.
Cheers mate. I'll try it out.

For some reason I tend to complicate things. It does seem much more simpler this way.

shyroman
10.12.2017 , 08:13 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Cuiwe View Post
How do you figure out these rotations?

To me, the act of doing so seems alien. I'm more of an user, less of designer. Tbh.
Idk about everyone else but I like to do spreadsheets that go by gcd as well as rage requirements/amount of rage produced so I can easily move things around and can see how much rage I'd have and what abilities I have available at any given gcd. I usually do that with every spec I try to make rotations with, it really helped recently when I tried to make a pyro rotation though I haven't do it for rage because I'm not that familiar with it.
Ryann - Sniper | Ryannack - Sorcerer | Apophas - Marauder
Jesicca - Mercenary | Lindseey - Gunslinger
Origin - Honey Badgers
Jedi Covenant