Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Defense / Immortal changes to adjust for massive nerf to dps in 5.5????

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Guardian / Juggernaut
Defense / Immortal changes to adjust for massive nerf to dps in 5.5????

KendraP's Avatar


KendraP
09.22.2017 , 04:34 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by DDaMAGEr View Post
How many tanks used Persistent/Piercing Chill power at all? There are other semi-mandatory (or even mandatory) powers at tier 4. Like +2 seconds to Saber Reflect. And Guardian/Jugg's Tanking rotation has bigger # of rotational powers to maximize defenses (+2 comparing to VG and +1 comparing to Shadow).

Defense/lmmortal could get adjustments to DTPS, but l think they're balanced as they are now (except maybe reflect duration extension mandatory perk). Shadow is highly overpowered - that one needs DTPS adjustments for sure.
The two legendary utilities I use are the higher threat and longer duration on saber reflect and currently freezing force dot.

Alec_Fortescue's Avatar


Alec_Fortescue
09.22.2017 , 04:55 PM | #12
Nightrain, please help. I have no head or social skills for civil discussion. I am not buying "dps is not an objective when u tank" thing considering how important it is to deal damage in non-healer matches and how other tanks will be at dps advantage after this change.

Quote: Originally Posted by DDaMAGEr View Post
How many tanks used Persistent/Piercing Chill power at all? There are other semi-mandatory (or even mandatory) powers at tier 4. Like +2 seconds to Saber Reflect. And Guardian/Jugg's Tanking rotation has bigger # of rotational powers to maximize defenses (+2 comparing to VG and +1 comparing to Shadow).

Defense/lmmortal could get adjustments to DTPS, but l think they're balanced as they are now (except maybe reflect duration extension mandatory perk). Shadow is highly overpowered - that one needs DTPS adjustments for sure.
Chill is MANDATORY for any tank playing pvp. Extra two seconds for saber reflect is negligent compared to benefits of PC which will be used a lot and there is no guarantee that enemy team will tank tunnel.

KendraP's Avatar


KendraP
09.22.2017 , 07:16 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
Nightrain, please help. I have no head or social skills for civil discussion. I am not buying "dps is not an objective when u tank" thing considering how important it is to deal damage in non-healer matches and how other tanks will be at dps advantage after this change.
Lol of course you don't because the people screaming "wah help I just got killed by a tank!" Either do not understand how squishy guardian dps is or how useless tank gear is it are just pissy they got out dps by a tank because they were focused or stink. I do agree that this will put vg and shadow at a dps advantage for aoe but at least they're not killing guardian slash which would also kill pve. As for the people screaming spammable aoe slow that does damage I say sniper XD

Quote:
Chill is MANDATORY for any tank playing pvp. Extra two seconds for saber reflect is negligent compared to benefits of PC which will be used a lot and there is no guarantee that enemy team will tank tunnel.
To be fair for either pve or PvP i take both of these utilities currently. Again my beef with the nerf is that I don't see guardians as a massively disproportionate spec. Certainly not op