Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Changes: Vengeance Juggernaut / Vigilance Guardian

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Guardian / Juggernaut
Class Changes: Vengeance Juggernaut / Vigilance Guardian
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ansultares
09.20.2017 , 01:53 PM | #21
Draining Scream, is that the miniscule damage dot which gets tacked onto Force Scream?

This doesn't sound so much like some slight tweaking as a massive DPS hit for PVP.

I'm not opposed to shifting damage from the utility to the core spec (poor immortal), but these changes don't seem like they will achieve that.

Maybe if it was a 450% increase to Draining Scream. That might offset a 60% decrease to the utility.

Quote: Originally Posted by RikuvonDrake View Post
I think it's pretty clear that the Chillin Scream utility is overperforming a lot for all Jugg specs and that it needed to be readjusted to ensure it is used for multiple target and not for single target.
A 10% nerf would have achieved that.

Beyond which, the reason for using it in single is that it's elemental damage, and that it has a slow, on a class with no other sources of elemental damage (and no internal outside of vengeance), and no other source of slow (outside of vengeance).

Regardless if the adjustment is by 60% or 6%, an AoE ability shouldn't deal more damage to one target than a single target ability, lol.
What ability was it dealing more damage than? Assault and Sundering Assault? Why balance around how baddies misuse an ability?
Snare

curulz
09.20.2017 , 01:58 PM | #22
I mostly concerned about tanking. This ability made trash pulls a little easier for jugg tanks to at least come close to the aoe threat generation of sins and PTs. Seems a tad overboard to me.

RikuvonDrake
09.20.2017 , 02:04 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by curulz View Post
I mostly concerned about tanking. This ability made trash pulls a little easier for jugg tanks to at least come close to the aoe threat generation of sins and PTs. Seems a tad overboard to me.
Although that is a fair point, I think that you will be able to maintain aggro anyway even following these changes, you simply just need to readjust your group approach trash if you feel it's wiping your group. Ensure that your DPS focuses specific targets or that you (and your co-tank if in an Ops) alternate who uses AoE taunt on which pack of adds and of course, that you are correctly using your abilities and taunt/threat.

Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd - The Red Eclipse - Darth Malgus

EricMusco
09.20.2017 , 02:07 PM | #24 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by kakiaszadba View Post
Does it mean that you gonna nerf Focus spec aswell through Freezing Force?
This change does affect Rage/Focus, but they have other changes as well to compensate. I will be posting those tomorrow.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Hoppinswtor
09.20.2017 , 02:13 PM | #25
you guys actually did a good balance change for once
Hoppin <Death Smile>
Hoppinator (Merc), Hoppin (Sorc), Hopposites (Mara), Hoptimal (Sin)
Hopalicious (Jugg), Oppinator (Operative), Hoptimize (PT)

ivanhedgehog
09.20.2017 , 02:15 PM | #26
It's meant to be a filler ability for AoE DPS in situations where your other key abilities are on cooldown, sure this does bring it down to a level where it's very situational, but I don't see that as a bad thing, in particular with this ability it's meant to be situational.
It is meant to be your aoe when you are fighting multiple enemies. you have a basic attack if you need a filler. now it isnt worth using at all.

curulz
09.20.2017 , 02:17 PM | #27
Although that is a fair point, I think that you will be able to maintain aggro anyway even following these changes, you simply just need to readjust your group approach trash if you feel it's wiping your group. Ensure that your DPS focuses specific targets or that you (and your co-tank if in an Ops) alternate who uses AoE taunt on which pack of adds and of course, that you are correctly using your abilities and taunt/threat.
oh yeah, I can adjust....just a slight kick in the pants.

Decidion
09.20.2017 , 02:29 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Ansultares View Post
A 10% nerf would have achieved that.
Yeah that is really strange. Why nerf something dramatically, and then have to increase other abilities (for 2 separate class specs) instead of just a little nerf to the one ability causing the problem?

RikuvonDrake
09.20.2017 , 02:32 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by curulz View Post

RikuvonDrake
09.20.2017 , 03:01 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Ansultares View Post
What ability was it dealing more damage than? Assault and Sundering Assault? Why balance around how baddies misuse an ability?
Gonna use republic terminology, sorry. Chillin Screaming (CS) does more damage (assuming 33% crit) than Slash (a single target filler costing more Focus than CS) and Blade Barrage (Single target ability part of the standard rotation). Looking at the Parsley logs for both Dummy and Operation bosses, you can see that in the majority of the highest parses, the players are using this information to readjust their rotation to incorporate this overperforming ability as regularly as possible on a single target.