Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Immortal/Defense Skank TANK PVP 5.0 build, help.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Guardian / Juggernaut
Immortal/Defense Skank TANK PVP 5.0 build, help.

Ansultares's Avatar


Ansultares
09.26.2017 , 04:40 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by romyh View Post
You may have not notice this but this is the only tank class wherein the DPS set armor bonus are not darken and are green.
If you think that means all of the bonuses apply to all of the specs, you're wrong. The 2-piece bonuses on both sets are locked to tank/dps respectively. The 6-piece bonus on the dps set is locked to dps specs. The 4-piece dps set bonus is very weak in dps specs, and does virtually nothing for the tank spec, which already benefits from large bonus crit chance to ravage (and crushing blow). The difference between 75% and 80% crit chance on ravage is meaningless compared to the extra uptime on taunt and threatening scream. And the 6-piece tank set bonus is strong enough to merit use on a DPS spec.
Snare

JLazarillo's Avatar


JLazarillo
12.15.2017 , 12:43 AM | #12
So out of curiosity is there a good source for Lethal B mods?
Or is it just a matter of getting a lucky schematic drop, or going to the GTN?

LordTurin's Avatar


LordTurin
12.15.2017 , 06:44 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by JLazarillo View Post
So out of curiosity is there a good source for Lethal B mods?
Or is it just a matter of getting a lucky schematic drop, or going to the GTN?
Yup, that's exactly it. Lucky schematic or GTN.
Dragonslayer Mitthendil the Revanchist - Mercenary ||
Mitth'raw'nurudo from Beyond - Powertech || Elenmil the Revanchist - Scoundrel
Click this to say thank you if my post was helpful! :
http://www.swtor.com/r/lGKMGB

KendraP's Avatar


KendraP
12.15.2017 , 10:52 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by JLazarillo View Post
So out of curiosity is there a good source for Lethal B mods?
Or is it just a matter of getting a lucky schematic drop, or going to the GTN?
Ideally get someone to craft the 246 lethal b mods. I have a buddy, but I'm sure there are people who will sell them cheaper than the gtn especially if you provide mats.

Aredaz's Avatar


Aredaz
01.07.2018 , 08:33 AM | #15
I got schematics and been crafting 246 B mods, ring me up on darth malgus if you need help.

Reading this thread I've done most things right but Im suprised so many people go discipline enhancement instead of efficient? Im running efficient enhancements and critical augments as sith sin tank, wondering if I should change?

KendraP's Avatar


KendraP
01.07.2018 , 09:07 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Aredaz View Post
I got schematics and been crafting 246 B mods, ring me up on darth malgus if you need help.

Reading this thread I've done most things right but Im suprised so many people go discipline enhancement instead of efficient? Im running efficient enhancements and critical augments as sith sin tank, wondering if I should change?
I go with whatever the higher endurance ones are. My setup is straight endurance stacking.

Mordarion's Avatar


Mordarion
01.08.2018 , 11:05 AM | #17
Curious no one mentions Barrage Enhancements... am i way off stacking Alacrity... :/?
<Rapid Serenity>... on Darth Malgus

Suprisex's Avatar


Suprisex
01.09.2018 , 12:56 PM | #18
I think every tank should have at least 2 sets of gear for pvp. For example, I have one set (skank set) with all 248's. Tank armorings with everything else being dps gear. I have about 137k hp but I hit like a truck. My other set is I guess my (real tank) set. 248 tank armorings and 246 high endurance tank mods and enhancements. I'm at around 152k hp with roughly 40% shield and 30% absorb. This set is strictly for Huttball and when the focus on teamates gets real. Only problem is you do absolutely crap damage but in those situations that is not my job.

As for alacrity, has anyone tried running skank jugg with about 15% alacrity? I'm thinking of trying it to see how it does. Seems like it would be nice having a faster rotation and faster cool downs on all taunts and cc.
Zaihn

vXCozmoz's Avatar


vXCozmoz
01.10.2018 , 11:02 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Suprisex View Post
I think every tank should have at least 2 sets of gear for pvp. For example, I have one set (skank set) with all 248's. Tank armorings with everything else being dps gear. I have about 137k hp but I hit like a truck. My other set is I guess my (real tank) set. 248 tank armorings and 246 high endurance tank mods and enhancements. I'm at around 152k hp with roughly 40% shield and 30% absorb. This set is strictly for Huttball and when the focus on teamates gets real. Only problem is you do absolutely crap damage but in those situations that is not my job.

As for alacrity, has anyone tried running skank jugg with about 15% alacrity? I'm thinking of trying it to see how it does. Seems like it would be nice having a faster rotation and faster cool downs on all taunts and cc.
Quick question. You still go with shield as offhand right but using dps gear? Well except for the armorings as you said. I'm leveling up a sin tank as we speak and for me since I have my own def buff (15% shield chance 15 charges) on a short CD I sometimes wounder, but I guess for any skank type, having the shield as offhand might be mandatory

Used to be main tank in WoW during Wotlk and some in Aion but that's off topic ofc.

Played this game on and off with breaks before it became f2p and it was about time I tried this skank thing out. The only tiny sad part is I didn't find any updated guide for this. Usually some good on Dulfy, Vulkk etc and as some usually say, there's plenty of different skank setups but wounder if some are better suited for X class giving the differences in passives and what not.

Thanks in advance.

KendraP's Avatar


KendraP
01.11.2018 , 02:25 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by vXCozmoz View Post
Quick question. You still go with shield as offhand right but using dps gear? Well except for the armorings as you said. I'm leveling up a sin tank as we speak and for me since I have my own def buff (15% shield chance 15 charges) on a short CD I sometimes wounder, but I guess for any skank type, having the shield as offhand might be mandatory
.
Always a shield in the OH, I use the high end armoring, a lethal B mod, and either a high end alac or crit enh.
The shield is activated by stance (dark charge I believe for sins?) which is now a passive in the tank discipline.