Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Some advanced questions about the tank Jugg.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Guardian / Juggernaut
Some advanced questions about the tank Jugg.

Flayv
08.02.2017 , 02:50 AM | #1
Hello everyone.

I have few questions. I hope you can help me

1) What should be the DPS of a tank pest on a single boss (no adds) pls? It would seem that 5k is the minimum for Nim. (For a stuff 248 of course) Have you changed your mods with the dps 248?

2) I'm not sure that my rotation is correct. Which rotations do you use ?

3) The defense is cap at 30% according to the rumors. It also seems that the defense are not used against the boss, because they have too much accuracy. What do you think ? True or not ?

thx for your help. That help me to optimize my gameplay.
Flayv

ZouYan
09.01.2017 , 07:48 AM | #2
I wud say the minimum tank dps that you should hav on a single target dummy is around 5k. Also lethal B mods r the way to go as a tank as well as the medium endurance mods. The extra power imo is necessary to meet some of the tougher dps checks in the game. Also take the chilling scream dot utility this is what makes jugg tank dps sooo good atm.
Co-GM <Lightning Masters> <Pull Burn Profit>
Mortema | Tsouyen
26/26 NiM post 5.0 | 5/5 Timed Runs
https://lightningmasters-guild.enjin.com/

Torvai
09.04.2017 , 05:52 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Flayv View Post
1) What should be the DPS of a tank pest on a single boss (no adds) pls? It would seem that 5k is the minimum for Nim. (For a stuff 248 of course) Have you changed your mods with the dps 248?
Depends on how much dps gear you use. In full tank gear probably around 3.5-4k single target. Obviously the more dps gear you use, the higher your dps gets.
Quote:
There's no set rotation for Immortal, but a priority list. Which changes slightly depending on if you want to maximise dps or minimise dtps.
Dps prio would probably be Crushing Blow, Vicious Throw, Piercing Chill, Scream, Smash, Ravage, Slash, Saber Strike.
Dtps prio would use Crushing Blow, Smash, Scream, Ravage, then the rest.
And since Retaliation is off gcd you generally use it when it's available.
Quote:
3) The defense is cap at 30% according to the rumors. It also seems that the defense are not used against the boss, because they have too much accuracy. What do you think ? True or not ?
There's no hard cap for defense. There are diminishing returns, meaning that from a certain point onwards you'll get less % defense per point defense on your gear than before, but that's it.
And yes, defense works against bosses. The thing is, it doesn't work against all attacks.
Short version: There's two attack types: Melee/Range(white damage) and Force/Tech(yellow damage). And defense only works against M/R attacks. And most of an Ops bosses hard hitting attacks are F/T, so can't be defended against. But then some of his attacks are M/R, so it helps.

AdjeYo
09.05.2017 , 09:01 AM | #4
I find this a fairly difficult question, but I'd say around 3.5k should be fine for fights with no adds, but to be entirely honest your dps will probably rarely make or break a fight.
So as noted by others, you'll want to a follow a priority system. I generally use my rotation to minimize damage taken, for this I would suggest the following priority system (the stuff in green helps with dtps, the rest is just for maximum damage)
  1. Retaliation (off the GCD)
  2. Force Scream
  3. Aegis Assault*
  4. Crushing Blow
  5. Ravage
  6. Smash**
  7. Vicious Throw
  8. Chilling Scream (if you have the utility)
  9. Backhand
  10. Vicious Slash
  11. Saber Throw
  12. Force Choke
  13. Assault
* Aegis Assault's buff last longer than its cooldown, so it drops to just above Saber Throw if its buff is not about to expire.
** If the debuff from Smash is not about to fall off, it drops a lot in priority. I'd place it just above Vicious Slash, unless the debuff is about to fall off.
As far as I'm aware, there is no actual cap for defense, more is always good. It's just that sometimes more endurance is better than more defense. Also, it's most definitely used against bosses, just note that defense (at least what you get from your defense rating) doesn't work against Force/Tech damage. Though the buffs from Retaliation and Ravage do work against Force/Tech as well.

Ansultares
09.12.2017 , 05:14 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by ZouYan View Post
Also take the chilling scream dot utility this is what makes jugg tank dps sooo good atm.
This. The dot is great.
Snare

doohickeyexpress
10.02.2017 , 10:57 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by ZouYan View Post
I wud say the minimum tank dps that you should hav on a single target dummy is around 5k. Also lethal B mods r the way to go as a tank as well as the medium endurance mods. The extra power imo is necessary to meet some of the tougher dps checks in the game. Also take the chilling scream dot utility this is what makes jugg tank dps sooo good atm.
I'm lookin for some tanking info as well, and this really helps. Thank you! I'm gonna try out chilling scream . If it's not too much of a hassle, could you list all of your utilities please?
FREE week of subscription!
Rewards for you and me. Activate my referral link today for UNLIMITED POWER!
http://www.swtor.com/r/mf38Jz

KendraP
10.02.2017 , 01:58 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by doohickeyexpress View Post
I'm lookin for some tanking info as well, and this really helps. Thank you! I'm gonna try out chilling scream . If it's not too much of a hassle, could you list all of your utilities please?
The other big utility for guardians is the longer/more threat on saber reflect.