Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Vengeance and Rage Juggernaut/Vigilance and Focus Guardian Set Bonus Discussion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Guardian / Juggernaut
Vengeance and Rage Juggernaut/Vigilance and Focus Guardian Set Bonus Discussion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Raansu
07.13.2015 , 03:28 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by GrandLordMenace View Post
No. Please no. Would be broken.

Just make True Harmony break roots.
Honestly it really wouldn't be all the broken. No more broken than lolHO.

BrianDavion
07.13.2015 , 03:39 PM | #12
I'm likewise going to chime in that the saber throw minimum range removal should simply be a class feature. Back under 2.x it was popular for guardians (especially once the proc to reset master strike became more reliable) to use the two peice guardian set bonus, and the 2 peice sentinal set bonus. as such Perhaps BW should consider bringing that back and having the guardian 4 peice set bonus be a buff to master strike while saber throw's minimum range is removed at a later level?
SWTOR is not SWG. it was never intended to be at all like SWG. and having a completly differnt design philophesy then SWG will never be like SWG

royhenderson
07.13.2015 , 03:41 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Ryokusen View Post
Like everyone said, please remove rotation neccesary perks from being in a set bonus.
Aside from that, I think the current set bonuses are for the most part boring and really generic among all clases. I'd like that set bonuses were improvements to classes utilities and quality of life issues.

A few quickly tought examples of possible juggs set bonus:

2 piece: 2% extra movement speed (aditive with shien stance, not multiplicative) or extended master strike channel range (not activation range)

4 piece: Shatter/Plasma Brand Increases your raid group damage reduction by 2% for 5 seconds

6 piece: All dot damage increased by 8 % (less realiance on MS)

thats my 2c.
Yep. 2/3 dot damage hits for 200 and less. It is very weak. 1/3 dots is good.

casigarian
07.13.2015 , 03:44 PM | #14
I am very happy where I am now please leave us as we are
Casigarian

Treeba
07.13.2015 , 03:45 PM | #15
New Level 60 Set Bonuses
  • 2-Piece: Sundering Assault or Sundering Strike increases damage dealt by 2% for 15 seconds. Cannot occur more than once every 30 of seconds.
  • 4-Piece: Increases the Damage of Master Strike/Ravage by 8%
  • 6-Piece: Activating Saber Throw or Blade Storm will grant Vindicator's Critical Bonus making your next Impale and Furious Strike or Overhead Slash and Concentrated Slice critically hit. This effect cannot occur more than once every minute.

Misc: Saber Throw now has a range of 0 to 30 meters.
This sounds good to me.

If nothing else just make the old 4p baseline. Saber Throw doesn't need a minimum range. Whatever new 4p you want to add is fine, but I like the Ravage/MS damage.

jauvtus
07.13.2015 , 04:22 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Ryokusen View Post
Like everyone said, please remove rotation neccesary perks from being in a set bonus.
Aside from that, I think the current set bonuses are for the most part boring and really generic among all clases. I'd like that set bonuses were improvements to classes utilities and quality of life issues.

A few quickly tought examples of possible juggs set bonus:

2 piece: 2% extra movement speed (aditive with shien stance, not multiplicative) or extended master strike channel range (not activation range)

4 piece: Shatter/Plasma Brand Increases your raid group damage reduction by 2% for 5 seconds

6 piece: All dot damage increased by 8 % (less realiance on MS)

thats my 2c.
Correct me if im wrong, but jugg dps isnt just vengeance, afaik you have Rage too

darth_psychose
07.13.2015 , 04:25 PM | #17
bs2 ok
bs4 just remove it plz
bs6 100% proc on a short cd (impale, force scream or other spell ) 6 - 7s max, not a 25s cd off rotation.
Kala - <Rash>

technomagelight
07.13.2015 , 05:51 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
I'd like to see the 4pc make our leap 0m instead of saber throw and make saber throw passive for 0m.
This would be great. I only really play Focus, but the 4 piece bonus is almost essential for our rotation, at least the one I use (off of Dulfy).

lmSlash
07.13.2015 , 06:00 PM | #19
New Level 60 Set Bonuses
  • 2-Piece: Sundering Assault or Sundering Strike increases damage dealt by 2% for 15 seconds. Cannot occur more than once every 30 of seconds.
  • 4-Piece: Increases the Damage of Master Strike/Ravage by 8%
  • 6-Piece: Activating Saber Throw or Blade Storm will grant Vindicator's Critical Bonus making your next Impale and Furious Strike or Overhead Slash and Concentrated Slice critically hit. This effect cannot occur more than once every minute.

Misc: Saber Throw now has a range of 0 to 30 meters.
This sounds...perfect.

Krev_Roo
07.13.2015 , 06:01 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

Current Level 60 Set Bonuses (for reference)
  • 4-Piece: Reduces the minimum range of Saber Throw by 10 meters.
  • 6-Piece: Activating Saber Throw will grant Vindicator's Critical Bonus making your next Impale and Furious Strike or Overhead Slash and Concentrated Slice critically hit. This effect cannot occur more than once every minute.
Cheers, all!
The SWTOR Combat Team
While Jugg/guard is not a class that I play that much, I feel strongly for this one.
The
4-Piece: Reduces the minimum range of Saber Throw by 10 meters.
Needs to be a baseline for Saber throw, not a set bonus. As it is, Saber throw feels like it should be in rotation for both specs which is redundant with the 6-piece bonus...
Something that builds focus and is a nearly essential filler and/or part of a rotation should never be in the set bonus, it needs to exist in the baseline. If this is not intended for Tanks as it seems then an equal effect should take place in that stance separate the dps, this can be an effect based on stance and possibly introduce another use for this ability depending on spec.
The Shadowlands - The Sound of One Han Clapping
Zlena - Vanguard Tal'sur'haai - Pyrotech Zanh - Gunslinger Ca'tra'ad - Commando Cin'ciri'ad Mercenary