Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New coming back

Oldhip
08.31.2017 , 10:02 AM | #1
Hi there,
I am a new/old player. I got the game when it was first released and got bored with it. now I am back and I am totally lost! I have a Guardian Vill. I have looked for updated content and can find nothing to answer my questions. So I became a sub, and came here to get some advice.

Is there a leveling guide anywhere? I see hints and advice for end game, but what about folks like me, who are just mashing buttons with no real clue what he is doing, or how to learn the class. I have IRL issues (car rash mixed up my brain a little bit) So I am not very fast on the uptake. I am not stupid, just takes me awhile for things to click.

If I invest time and effort in this, I want to do it "right" and I know just mashing kieys is a sloppy way to play.
Can anyone help with some advice or direction please?

CrazyScruffy
08.31.2017 , 10:20 AM | #2
your best chance is starting at lvl 1 and going from there. You can play the story and get to know your class and abilities as they unlock.

Demieker
08.31.2017 , 12:33 PM | #3
That's what i did and am still smashing the keyboard :P
But yeah ... start at lvl 1 and learn the skills when they unlock
also reading up on guides made by others might help
example : http://dulfy.net/2016/12/30/swtor-5-...de-by-rydarus/
Free subscription for 7 days, extra inventory tab and more through
Friends of SWTOR program, my link: http://www.swtor.com/r/qFm9jH

Oldhip
08.31.2017 , 04:02 PM | #4
I did start new @ level 1. I basically leap to my target then start mashing buttons. I know from previous games there is a set rotation or priority when leveling. I guess get frustrated because as I said earlier I want to be good at my class. I understand I am my own worst enemy. But I want to "play right" if that makes any sense?

MagnysDarksong
09.01.2017 , 12:53 PM | #5
At the early levels, it really is just a lot of button mashing. You use almost all of your abilities every cool down until the targets are all dead. Reading a guide is a great way to lay some groundwork. You get an idea for your endgame rotation and start doing as much of it as you can with the abilities you have, and change it when you unlock new abilities. By the time you reach 50-60 your rotation should be locked in, but you won't get to execute it entirely, every fight. In essence, your rotation grows with you, and yes, it gets frustrating knowing there is an optimal way to execute your rotation, but don't let it get to you. Do the research, maybe write down the rotation from the guide and a few other notes, and keep them handy. Re read them when you get new abilities, and see how you can change it up. The guides also provide a good insight into how to gear. For leveling, pummeler gear, versatile aromorings/hilt, no letter on your mods, adept enhancements, and eviscerating or war hero crystals.
The Darksong Legacy

doohickeyexpress
10.02.2017 , 11:14 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Oldhip View Post
I did start new @ level 1. I basically leap to my target then start mashing buttons. I know from previous games there is a set rotation or priority when leveling. I guess get frustrated because as I said earlier I want to be good at my class. I understand I am my own worst enemy. But I want to "play right" if that makes any sense?
I 100% feel you, I myself came back about a month ago, and I felt like I wasn't doing something right by just mashing different attacks when I wanted to. The thing I've discovered is that pretty much in this game, there aren't really any definitions of clear and specific rotations, you just have to use what you feel is right based on it's effect and how many resources you have at the moment. It's hard for me as well, because I'm used to SWG where there are very set rotations and specific things you should do.
FREE week of subscription!
Rewards for you and me. Activate my referral link today for UNLIMITED POWER!
http://www.swtor.com/r/mf38Jz

doohickeyexpress
10.02.2017 , 11:15 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by MagnysDarksong View Post
At the early levels, it really is just a lot of button mashing. You use almost all of your abilities every cool down until the targets are all dead. Reading a guide is a great way to lay some groundwork. You get an idea for your endgame rotation and start doing as much of it as you can with the abilities you have, and change it when you unlock new abilities. By the time you reach 50-60 your rotation should be locked in, but you won't get to execute it entirely, every fight. In essence, your rotation grows with you, and yes, it gets frustrating knowing there is an optimal way to execute your rotation, but don't let it get to you. Do the research, maybe write down the rotation from the guide and a few other notes, and keep them handy. Re read them when you get new abilities, and see how you can change it up. The guides also provide a good insight into how to gear. For leveling, pummeler gear, versatile aromorings/hilt, no letter on your mods, adept enhancements, and eviscerating or war hero crystals.
Also, listen to this guy, this is a great explanation!!!
FREE week of subscription!
Rewards for you and me. Activate my referral link today for UNLIMITED POWER!
http://www.swtor.com/r/mf38Jz