Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So which utility are you taking instead of Piercing Chill after 5.5 (PVP)?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Guardian / Juggernaut
So which utility are you taking instead of Piercing Chill after 5.5 (PVP)?

DsevenO
09.27.2017 , 01:00 PM | #1
I'm torn between Intimidating Presence, Thrown Gauntlet, and Consuming Rage. Pooled Hatred still isn't an option because it has been broken since its inception for vengeance spec.

Note: I understand that this is all a moot point for ranked (as we are burned down instantly anyway) and Bioware has made it clear that the viability of certain classes/specs is of no concern to their development plans.
Go Forth and Die

Ansultares
09.29.2017 , 05:56 PM | #2
For a damage oriented build? Probably still piercing chill. It's not like there are great alternatives.

But I can see a control jug going with Thrown Gauntlet. Or a tank taking Through Victory.

If you're not already taking Intimidating Presence, it's great for the reset on interrupt.
Snare

AdjeYo
09.29.2017 , 06:00 PM | #3
Definitely still Piercing Chill for PvP. You're going to want to use Chilling Scream even if you don't take the utility point, so the utility is still giving some extra damage and a movement speed increase.

cool-dude
10.23.2017 , 09:23 AM | #4
Piercing chill is still the thing to take.

Increases your in-combat moving speed by 35%, dots stealthers, and can keep a group of people off a node or door. The ability has no cooldown either.
"Sarcasm is strong in this one"