[Bug] Companions do not have armor rating inside flashpoints

Draqsko

Inside level sync'd areas they have an armor rating appropriate for gear of that level. Outside of level sync'd areas, ie flashpoints, stronghold, guild ships, they do not have an armor rating regardless of the companion (well not sure on KOTFE companions since I have not started that storyline so can't check them, but all original companions and ship droids). Even flashpoints that are rated as 2+, for example CZ labs tactical recommends a 2 player group plus companions, they do not have an armor rating at all and therefore do not have armor damage reduction.

Standing outside the flashpoint, in CZ-198, T7 has 49k hp, 4999 armor rating, 25.98% armor damage reduction, and 9.45% defense chance.

Go inside, T7 has 96194 hp, 0 armor rating, 0 armor damage reduction, and 14.64% defense chance. My vigilance guardian has 34.5% armor damage reduction, making my 69k hp last longer than a tank companion's.

I think this is a big reason why people are having massive differences of experience with companions. In level sync areas, they are better in endurance, mastery and power than most players, and have some armor rating so they aren't entirely getting nuked. The rest of us who find them quite weak are trying to use them outside of level sync'd areas where they completely lack armor rating and are getting one or two shot by champions or FP bosses.

Submitted a ticket also reporting this, ticket #21200992.

Edited by Draqsko

Also have to add:

They have no offhand shield generator and therefore no shield even in tank stance despite having shield and absorption ratings. This occurs in level synced and non level synced areas.

Further on the lack of offhand, they also get 0 Force or Tech Power while in non level synced areas but get some Force or Tech power from being in a level synced area.

The problem is that Level 65 companions have zero armor rating when they are at Level 65 (not level-sync'd).

Companions below Level 65 correctly have a nonzero armor rating whether they are level-sync'd or not.

Is that the same for offhands? They are also not showing any Force/Tech power when at level 65, but do when synced down.

The problem is that Level 65 companions have zero armor rating when they are at Level 65 (not level-sync'd).

Companions below Level 65 correctly have a nonzero armor rating whether they are level-sync'd or not.

I have noticed this, but It doesn't seem to be creating any sort of problem. I have done the starfortress heroic 2+ with my companion and it was quite easy. The only content that i can't solo are the tactical FPs, that are meant for 4 people. Also whenever i go to a level sync area, my level 65 companion gets proper armor ratings. Still no shield or shield chance, but that is the result of them not having an offhand.

Every companion below level 65 seems to be working just fine.

I have yet to go anywhere where my companion gets owned, where i don't expect it, and the only place that happens is Tactical, or hard mode FPs that are meant for four players.

Edited by Megamaid

I have noticed this, but It doesn't seem to be creating any sort of problem.

Well, it's obviously not working as intended.

If I take a Level 65 Ashara (in tank mode) into Tactical Hammer Station, she has 97K health and zero armor.

If I take a Level 62 Ashara (in tank mode) into Tactical Hammer Station, she gets upleveled to Level 65, she has 97K health and over 6K armor.

In other words, the Level 62 companion is more effective than the Level 65 companion, which indicates a bug in the game.

Well, it's obviously not working as intended.

If I take a Level 65 Ashara (in tank mode) into Tactical Hammer Station, she has 97K health and zero armor.

If I take a Level 62 Ashara (in tank mode) into Tactical Hammer Station, she gets upleveled to Level 65, she has 97K health and over 6K armor.

In other words, the Level 62 companion is more effective than the Level 65 companion, which indicates a bug in the game.

Obviously there is a bug and it needs to be fixed. I am just saying i have yet to run into any situation where the bug is causing a problem and companions seem UP land are getting 2 shot, like the OP is suggesting. Whether you go in with the 62 or the 65, you should not be able to solo Tacticial Hammer Station, and if you are, it is just an example of companions being too powerful, with or without the bug.

Obviously there is a bug and it needs to be fixed. I am just saying i have yet to run into any situation where the bug is causing a problem and companions seem UP land are getting 2 shot, like the OP is suggesting. Whether you go in with the 62 or the 65, you should not be able to solo Tacticial Hammer Station, and if you are, it is just an example of companions being too powerful, with or without the bug.

CZ Tacticals are rated for 2 people plus companions. It is a bug that causes problems, because you aren't suppose to need more than 2 players for them.