Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Winter/Spring 2018 Roadmap Update

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Winter/Spring 2018 Roadmap Update
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Whailor
02.17.2018 , 10:52 AM | #501
What the hell is it with these last returning companions!? You've sold out my main class companions (commando, but several other classes as well) to literally EVERYONE who asked and even to those who didn't, and now you're going the "class only" way for remaining ones? What the heck? Fix then the friggin' story and make my class companions also limited. Sheesh, with each passing day things are only getting more ridiculous..
Been there, done that.

Keta
02.17.2018 , 11:16 AM | #502
Quote: Originally Posted by DanNV View Post
At this point, what I want is a way to reset my character who haven't completed KotFE/KotET back to the end of Shadow of Revan. I get my companions back and can pretend the last 2+ years of garbage never happened.
Someone in one of these numerous posts suggested (tongue in cheek) that there be a scene where the sw wakes up to see Quinn standing over him with a rather concerned look and explaining Vette was piloting the ship and knocked him/her out. I thought it was funny and perfect. Just pick the least likely pilot for each class and undo this mess.

On the other hand they could always have a combination of things destroy the alliance to return things to the previous status quo. The Theron arc could conclude with Theron having gone under cover and the Outlander walking out in disgusts over being left in the dark. Or perhaps the alliance members get disgusted with the presence of Arcann that they quit. Or a combination.

But we all know none of that will happen. If it can't be done in 90 second storylines, it's not happening.

But honestly, I'd pay for a cartel token to reset all my characters that I put through this mess.
Yes, another referral link; click it or don't. Free stuff for you, free stuff for me.

DarthSpuds
02.17.2018 , 11:36 AM | #503
Quote: Originally Posted by LordArtemis View Post
I too think a bit more focus, filling out the margins, so to speak, would go a long way here. They are being a bit too vague IMO considering the amount of rumors swirling around the game at the moment, combined with the perceived drought of content.

My concern is for the overall health of the game, and I think they need to step it up a bit if they wish to help stabilize the games rep at present. My suggestion is to schedule weekly livestreams for one hour each, where they chat with players and answer questions where they can.

IMO this would give the games rep a rather healthy boost.
You really think Bioware / EA is going to green-light regular livestreams?

It was Ben Irving's EPic-Live-Stream-Fail of "we think RNG is exciting, so put up with it" that led to where we are now.

All The Best
#Is-This-As-Good-As-It-Gets?
Sub Expires@ 24/05/2018
If you think my comment has been helpful in anyway please >>Click Here<< for the Refer A Friend Bonus.

TheIronMonkey
02.17.2018 , 12:52 PM | #504
Can you take a moment and fix the companion bugs?

1. When I travel (happens a lot on Makeb), companion dies

2. Come out of an elevator, companion is gone (have to use the N to take it out again), happens a LOT on Star Fortress

I know the problems with companions on elevators etc have always existed. But having it just disappear is just super annoying.
I don't know if this is a Sith thing, but at the beginning of every game conversation my first thought is "You are so dead"...

Trlance
02.17.2018 , 01:56 PM | #505
Quote:
I know the problems with companions on elevators etc have always existed. But having it just disappear is just super annoying.
- stop ask for impossible. I have this bugs simply often too. They didn't capable to fix bugs what i listed today in this thread for months, they will not do it with your little bugs. Sometimes when i want click my companion while adventure he/she just disappear (under ground propably) 30-120 meters away and when it happen i must dismiss him/her and summon again to stop companion adhd mode.

I start believe like others they really don't have more resources to fix game and give us content more often because EA is their real enemy now. Sad.

olagatonjedi
02.17.2018 , 02:05 PM | #506
Quote: Originally Posted by Eshvara View Post
You're probably right, but these small updates are too infrequent and small, I don't see many happy people either.
The reason they arent happy is because they expect every small update to have something for their specific interest, so its more of the player mindset that creates the issue. When you look at the years worth of content, everyone was given something, and there was similar amount of content to other mmos.

olagatonjedi
02.17.2018 , 02:09 PM | #507
Quote: Originally Posted by ShadowGovernator View Post
Yea this no longer feels like a AAA MMO after KotFE, that's what happens, when you try to run it with the FFF team.
Ben made some really questionable decisions when he was in charge and when they put the customer service guy in charge after Ben left speaks volumes.

Let's see;
No vision - where do we want to go.
No mission - how do we want to get there.
No basic communication. You don't listen to feedback, you don't act on feedback and you don't implement changes based on your customers feedback.
A few months release schedule. With half-baked implementations, delays, nerfs, stealth-changes, server down-time/lag etc.
No Quality Assurance, patches are released to your paying customers with little to zero internal testing and with no stable procedure for the use external test server.
No real bug fixes - with tons of in-game bugs and with every Game Update you introduce new and even more bugs.
Even your customer service is really bad.

The current team is clearly not real professionals - they are certainly not able to provide great quality content in a timely manner. They are only able to run the game in the most simple way and they fail even at this on a regular basis.

Change the current team.
Rehire the original teams - you know the people that made the original game great!

So we the paying customers can get some great full expansions.
And make swtor great again!

If not EA is going to lose it's Star Wars licence.
Considering they met all of those needs, it appears you, and many others, have unrealistic expectations of swtor, even though they tell you exactly what people want to know and put out content based on a grander level of feedback, not just forum banter.

Eshvara
02.17.2018 , 02:17 PM | #508
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
The reason they arent happy is because they expect every small update to have something for their specific interest, so its more of the player mindset that creates the issue. When you look at the years worth of content, everyone was given something, and there was similar amount of content to other mmos.
Seems fair enough, and I think you're right. When there are "content" updates, the story lovers complain, when there's story, it's the other side that's unhappy. I do think story has gotten the most of all, for however much that's worth.
#Arcannite
||Refer a friend🙋|| The wheel... spins... again.
💫Darth Malgus💫

BenKatarn
02.17.2018 , 02:24 PM | #509
Quote: Originally Posted by Eshvara View Post
Seems fair enough, and I think you're right. When there are "content" updates, the story lovers complain, when there's story, it's the other side that's unhappy. I do think story has gotten the most of all, for however much that's worth.
If only the story was actually good...
- = = The Atrias Legacy = = -
Aryne, Jedi Sentinel | Cayra, Jedi Sage | Kherra, Scoundrel | Khenna, Vanguard
Vertos, Sith Juggernaut | Zedas, Sith Sorcerer | Ysari, Sniper | Neith, Powertech

Eshvara
02.17.2018 , 02:30 PM | #510
Quote: Originally Posted by BenKatarn View Post
If only the story was actually good...
Well it certainly isn't perfect, even the vanilla ones are not! They are however more in depth and engaging. But I think all of the story in this game were enjoyable. Imo, and I'm very happy I got to experience it.
#Arcannite
||Refer a friend🙋|| The wheel... spins... again.
💫Darth Malgus💫