Pistol animations and sounds.

Lesliey

Im sure this has been noted but why is there a not a fix today for the Pistols(GS) sounds?

I also saw a dev commented on a post about this asking to list what sounds were wrong, Please Dev's log on to a lvl50 GS and shoot your pistol and tell me it feels like a starwars pistol! To me it feels like im shooting pea shooter or a very bad airgun. :confused:

I want epic starwarsy blaster fire please! or at least give us back the old sounds before 1.4

Thanks.

Newsflash: Different guns make different sounds. I seem to remember that "Flashy" has a very classic Star Wars sound. Other guns can sound "heavier" or "lighter". Don't like the sound of your gun? Switch to a different one.

The same thing holds for lightsabers. On my first Juggernaut, I spent some time around Lvl 40 looking for a saber shell that made a nice whomm sound on ignition, after realizing that the one I currently using made for of a snick sound.

Newsflash: Different guns make different sounds. I seem to remember that "Flashy" has a very classic Star Wars sound. Other guns can sound "heavier" or "lighter". Don't like the sound of your gun? Switch to a different one.

The same thing holds for lightsabers. On my first Juggernaut, I spent some time around Lvl 40 looking for a saber shell that made a nice whomm sound on ignition, after realizing that the one I currently using made for of a snick sound.

Some attack sounds changed (vastly changed in some cases) with 1.4 (irresepective of which weapon you wield), I dunno if this was intentional or a bug however, but I think this is what the OP is refering too.

Not true.

I have orange guns since level 10 and never change them.

Though sound after 1.4 is changed.

• Dev Post
We are still looking into some of the reported issues with specific sounds - we definitely haven't forgotten. As soon as I have some new info for you, I'll let you know right away. Thanks for your patience; we know that sound is a big part of your character and combat!

You are correct. Flashy sounds like a tie fighter shooting, actually, for the regular auto attack. But for the strong attack (forget the name, just the regular shooting one but it takes energy), the sound was changed from a mighty BLAM to some wimpy plink sound, and that's no matter what gun you equip.

We are still looking into some of the reported issues with specific sounds - we definitely haven't forgotten. As soon as I have some new info for you, I'll let you know right away. Thanks for your patience; we know that sound is a big part of your character and combat!

Thanks Allison, some info on this and an acknowledged problem would really help me feel better. Its almost not fun to play my slinger now because the sounds are so bad. We await your reply with anxious ears.

All of the more powerful attacks (Quickshot, Charged Burst, Aimed Shot) sound and look like the basic Flurry of Bolts attack.

The SOUND and the GRAPHIC for all those attacks looks exactly like the default basic Flurry of Bolts attack.

For two weeks now.

The audio experiance is the backbone of the entire Star Wars intellectual property.

And the problem isn't only with the sounds, the graphics are messed up too. This game has taken a big step backwards in terms of quality and it's reminding me of the all the poorly coded graphics and sound effects that were introduced to Star Wars Galaxies during the "combat upgrade" and "new game enhancements". It's a bad omen, but these problems have persisted for quite some time now.

I'm a bit surprised that the official comment was to direct the problem at the user as if it were their own problem for being too focused on a personal character.

Edited by Mindspat

It truly is! Thanks for the reply and info :)

All of the more powerful attacks (Quickshot, Charged Burst, Aimed Shot) sound and look like the basic Flurry of Bolts attack.

The SOUND and the GRAPHIC for all those attacks looks exactly like the default basic Flurry of Bolts attack.

For two weeks now.

That is weird, because on my scoundrel, the quickshot sounds like a revolver going off *bang*. It doesn't even sound like a pew pew blaster. CB has always sounded like a modified flurry of bolts except it cycles longer. This is with Flashy.

The audio experiance is the backbone of the entire Star Wars intellectual property.

And the problem isn't only with the sounds, the graphics are messed up too. This game has taken a big step backwards in terms of quality and it's reminding me of the all the poorly coded graphics and sound effects that were introduced to Star Wars Galaxies during the "combat upgrade" and "new game enhancements". It's a bad omen, but these problems have persisted for quite some time now.

I'm a bit surprised that the official comment was to direct the problem at the user as if it were their own problem for being too focused on a personal character.

That's the thing, some Sound FX/weapon Effects have been broken for months/since day one, For example, the jedi knight, One of the most Iconic classes in Star Wars has had broken sounds/FX that the Sith Warrior hasn't since day one. For example, The guardian ability Sundering Strike, has no sound FX for when the saber strikes the target, it's just saber hum, Sundering assault however for the Juggernaught, has an impact sound FX making it sound alot beefier than the Guardian.

Even Master Strike, 2 of the 3 hits have no impact sound, and no saber "trail" even, something that again the Sith Warriors Ravage doesn't have a problem with (all 3 strikes make noise and has a saber trail) main reason I don't want to play my guardian anymore, it just makes the combat really quiet when so many attacks don't make impact noise, this is something that has been an issue since release, that I have /bugged more than once, and each major release see's no change. (sentinal has a funny one where the "trails" on Zealous strike actually lag slightly behind the saber giving it a delayed effect :D Again, has been around for a long time now)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I really miss the big 'ka bang bang' sound from Quick-shot. Same with Charged Burst. I think the Quick Shot bang is still in the Scoundrels shotgun.

I would love to see this fixed as well as better sounds for all of the guns in every class. Some sound really cool and some sound like their audio is broken or it's a gun from WW2.