Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2-players speeder(s)

AnonJoen
04.12.2013 , 09:44 PM | #1
I'm really missing a speeder where 2 or more players can be in at the same time, in which one player is driving, and the other player(s) is/are sitting in the passenger seat(s) .

I'm often travelling with a friend, and sometimes we use the /follow command instead of driving ourselves. As might know, /follow isn't 100% foolproof when driving over small obstacles or when jumping over something which causes an unfollow for the follower.

Now it would be nice if you could just hop in to your buddy's speeder, and ride along to your objective.
While one player is driving, the other player could look up a guide or coordinates of some lore object, or some other relevant information.

There are multiple 'big' speeder models already in game, which are definitely big enough to add a second seat,
for example:Not to mention how awesome the Taxi from Coruscant/Dromund Kaas would like as a speeder for players (which has 2 seats). It doesn't have to be such a 'big' speeder of course, it could be something like a tandem bicycle as well, but in a kind off speeder bike form (meaning 2 persons sitting behind each other ).

EDIT: Thanks to Ziso for pointing out multi-seated speeders, which would be very useful during events, group missions or operations.
Quote: Originally Posted by Ziso View Post
Not just 2 seated speeders but larger ones also.
Used to love the multi passenger vehicles in Star Wars Galaxies.
If going to an Event, or in an event where you can pull out a vehicle, its a nice touch to have the group in 1 vehicle.
Multiple multi-seated vehicles
Vehicle with 5 passenger seats
This gunship vehicle could hold 8 players
These speeders could be implemented into the games in multiple ways:
  • it could be an (legacy) ability which you need to buy with credits/cartel points.
  • An ability/unlock which needs to be bought in the cartel market with cartel points of course.
  • Given to players who invited a friend to the game, and became a subscriber (instead of the Kurtob Alliance Speeder perhaps?)
  • A speeder which could be bought from a vendor, for a higher price than regular speeders to make it reasonable.
  • A rare drop from a (world)boss
  • A mission reward
  • Unlocked by completing certain achievements (i.e. social achievements)
  • The possibility to buy from a social vendor with the requirement of a certain social level (i.e. social lvl 10).

Personally I prefer the option to unlock by completing certain achievements, which could make it a legacy bound speeder.

EDIT 2: Some screenshots of 2 players in 1 speeder (non-usable vehicle):

Please leave a comment and rate this thread if like this idea or add any further suggestions of course, it's up to you now community . (and up to Bioware of course )

SystemProcess
04.13.2013 , 12:00 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by AnonJoen View Post
I'm really missing a speeder where 2 players can be in at the same time, in which one player is driving, and the other player is sitting in the passenger seat .
Blasphemy. I want to sit on the handlebars of a speederbike while my friend drives. >

No, but really, I'd love this option. /endorse
Alis'hir'altara - Chiss Operative
Naznys Dak-ma - Echani Assassin - Sphere of Mysteries
Darth Valmaxian Vercetti - Human Marauder - Sphere of Technology

The Vercetti Legacy

Ziso
04.13.2013 , 02:24 AM | #3
We often held Motor Show events also so that players could ride in the rarer multy passenger vehicles to see what they were like before buying.
If going to an Event, or in an event where you can pull out a vehicle, its a nice touch to have the group in 1 vehicle.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a85...Shot0226-2.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a85...Shot0219-2.jpg

This gunship vehicle could hold 8 players:
http://images.wikia.com/swg/images/5...gunship_10.jpg

Would love to see something for multi passengers eventually in Tor

anonnn
04.13.2013 , 05:25 AM | #4
A 2-player speeder would be fun.

A 4-player speeder would be amazing.

An 8-player speeder would be interesting...!

A 16-player speeder would be ... ???
Boring conversation anyway.
Think twice. . . Think again.
Nullius in verba. . .

AnonJoen
04.13.2013 , 10:34 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Ziso View Post
We often held Motor Show events also so that players could ride in the rarer multy passenger vehicles to see what they were like before buying.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a85...Shot0226-2.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a85...Shot0219-2.jpg

This gunship vehicle could hold 8 players:
http://images.wikia.com/swg/images/5...gunship_10.jpg

Would love to see something for multi passengers eventually in Tor
Multi passenger vehicles really do sound interesting, I used to makes jokes about them, but never knew that something like it already existed in another Star Wars game. I'll add it to the OP

AsheraII
04.13.2013 , 11:42 AM | #6
Why just other players? I want my companions on my speeders as well! Andronikus should be the one driving my skiff, not some silly protocol droid! And that goes for taxis too. Why does my companion disappear every time I take a taxi? There's generally plenty room on the seat to squeeze in behind me!
. . . . . . ▀‼▀▀▀▀
__=##(▀▀[Φ]▀▀▀▀‼‼▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀‼▀▀!
|####/ ( /==|####/

Yunaselly
04.13.2013 , 12:04 PM | #7
Make Multiplayer Speeder is Good Idea..

Villmeister
04.14.2013 , 11:36 PM | #8
yes this is a good idea 2 player driver and your currently summon companion can ride with you...

Gratulor
04.15.2013 , 12:28 AM | #9
I'd LOVE this. Especially if you could bring a group of four into one speeder.
"If you only look after your own hide, then you're not a man."

TweeBo
04.15.2013 , 08:35 AM | #10
I would love this. I'm playing most of the time with my bf so it would be really nice if we can ride with each other instead of appart