Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Make World PvP rewarding ?

Asakusa
01.30.2014 , 03:21 AM | #1
Greetings folks !

As a PvP Player i, of course like Warzones, but i love World PvP.
During the Rakgoul Event, i could PvP as much as i wanted in the new area. The thing is, even if it's fun, there is no rewards at all.

We do get a title, called Manhunter when you kill 50k players.

Things that should be added to make World PvP more rewarding:

-Kill a player give valor point (only if the player is 2lv below or higher than you)
-Give reputation and create World PvP Reputation Vendor with Vanity stuff, pets, ... everything from the vendor would be NON-PvP..
-Give titles other than Manhunter
-Daily quests that goes with reputation and some credits maybe (because PvPing may cost money). (remember that vendor would not sell PvP items)
-More Area like the one created for the Rakghoul event.

Things that should be fixed:
-While being flagged as PvE, being hit by an AoE from a PvP flagged player trigger your PvP Flag.

Tell me if you agree or not with me please :3
If you want to add something to the list, or change something please reply, i'm pretty sure this list can be improved and i really want to see the World PvP back.

Merouk
01.30.2014 , 07:16 AM | #2
Not a PVP'er, but if the points or valor or w/e are added for killing similar-level players, sure. Ganking newbies should subtract points.

And on PVE servers they should fix AoE's flagging you, first. Because attaching any sort of reward to forcing PVP on PVE people just brings out the griefers and leads to "not fun" to quite a few players, as evidenced by the many Rakghoul-related discussion threads.

Asakusa
01.30.2014 , 07:41 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Merouk View Post
Not a PVP'er, but if the points or valor or w/e are added for killing similar-level players, sure. Ganking newbies should subtract points.

And on PVE servers they should fix AoE's flagging you, first. Because attaching any sort of reward to forcing PVP on PVE people just brings out the griefers and leads to "not fun" to quite a few players, as evidenced by the many Rakghoul-related discussion threads.
I didn't know about that AoE bug (i'm always flagged for PvP). But indeed that need a fix.
I'll edit my post and add what you said : "Ganking newbies should subtract points." because it's a good point i didn't thought off.

Phyltr
01.30.2014 , 07:56 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Asakusa View Post
-Daily quests that goes with reputation and some credits maybe (because PvPing may cost money).
So in looking at this, these two pop out to me. While I have no problem with world PVP even though I dislike PVP, these two kind of sound like a return to the Ilum of the past, and we saw how that worked out.

ninjonxb
01.30.2014 , 08:02 AM | #5
World PvP is always tricky and I don't think I have seen a game able to successfully do it with real rewards and it not be exploited like crazy (correct me if I am wrong, I am not a big PvPer so I will admit I don't follow PvP only games)

SWTOR has tried world PvP before and look at what happened on ilum. When the game launched and for quite a while after there would just be groups of republic and empire sitting together. Taking turns killing each other. It wasn't fun, it was pure grind.

Legolose
01.30.2014 , 08:03 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Merouk View Post

Agree 100% The AoE crap has to be dealt with I got flagged so many times because of idiot pvpers and half the time I was on my 32 level trooper so he got takin out by a 55th level Sorcerer in 2 hits and all I was trying to do was the dailys in the cave he was just standing there flagged in the tunnel waiting for ppl to fight the guy there.... It got to a point that I just stopped doing the event all together...
7 day free sub and stuff you click mine I click yours http://www.swtor.com/r/2JV8GN Bos'feratu |70| Sorcerer Bos'sidias |65| JuggernaughtVos'mauul |70| SentinelBos'andieria |65| SniperVos'feratu |65| MercenaryVos'arhire |65| SageVittonelle|65|GunslingerBos'barake|65|Commando

Asakusa
01.30.2014 , 08:20 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Phyltr View Post
So in looking at this, these two pop out to me. While I have no problem with world PVP even though I dislike PVP, these two kind of sound like a return to the Ilum of the past, and we saw how that worked out.
Yes, but illum quests gave out Warzone commendations, here it would be reputation at most, and as for others, you would be capped at "Legend" AND the reputation vendor would only sell NON-PvP items, just items for vanity and stuff .

And yes, illum was badly handled indeed.

norinradd
05.25.2014 , 03:46 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Asakusa View Post
As a PvP Player i, of course like Warzones, but i love World PvP.
During the Rakgoul Event, i could PvP as much as i wanted in the new area. The thing is, even if it's fun, there is no rewards at all.

We do get a title, called Manhunter when you kill 50k players.

Things that should be added to make World PvP more rewarding:

-Kill a player give valor point (only if the player is 2lv below or higher than you)
-Give reputation and create World PvP Reputation Vendor with Vanity stuff, pets, ... everything from the vendor would be NON-PvP..
-Give titles other than Manhunter
-Daily quests that goes with reputation and some credits maybe (because PvPing may cost money). (remember that vendor would not sell PvP items)

Tell me if you agree or not with me please :3
If you want to add something to the list, or change something please reply, i'm pretty sure this list can be improved and i really want to see the World PvP back.
Agree, agree and agree again.