Rome-fu's Resolve Guide

Felnadir

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a new sub. And I'm kinda shocked at how much cc there is in PVP. Its very disappointing. Some classes seem to be able CC you indefinitely!

Why cant some one make a game with no cc? Just let have control of mine and you have control of yours. No one likes to lose control of their character in a fight.

yeah this ...terrible idea implement cc to pvp, it might work in pve only...

8 sec. stun to get a full resolve bar? BW should call this game "Stun Wars"! I do almost only PvP, and I can tell that, after patch 1.4, the Warzones became a CC rush. I got a feeling that patch 1.4 was builded by a guy from another game studio (like Blizzard), just with the mission to screw with this game... Edited by Millem

8 sec. stun to get a full resolve bar? BW should call this game "Stun Wars"! I do almost only PvP, and I can tell that, after patch 1.4, the Warzones became a CC rush. I got a feeling that patch 1.4 was builded by a guy from another game studio (like Blizzard), just with the mission to screw with this game...

fully agree here to easy to get stun locked,

resolve doesn't work at all

Edited by Wapofoc

I thought the idiot Bioware had before running PvP was bad. Bioware needs to really find some people that have some real MMO experience. I have always thought the resolve system was nothing more than a work around system for people that understood it. Its a huge work around system now. This game needs improvements, not idiots making things worse with changes like this. What this game needs is a real CC system that puts people on equal ground.

Best system I have seen is a global CC cool down for each CC set (Mez, roots/snares, KD/KB, stuns). If you are stuned you get a immunity to stun for so many seconds, and so on for each CC set. Not this stupid crap of being CCed to death. I dont think the people at Bioware are smart enough to know how to improve this game or even save it from fully tanking. The biggest things that has killed this game is huge lack of end game content and very poor PvP. Poeple dont enjoy PvP when half the time they dont have control of their toon.

Edited by Yahto

The length of this immunity is almost long enough to run a huttball from the beginning of the ramps to the goal with a bit of luck.

Are you high? This might be true for some situations, but definitely not all, what you need is, yes, luck, but guess what? As soon as that resolve bar is done draining, who can get cc'ed again? 36-38 second resolve drain my ***. There's what people on websites tell me and there's the experience of having to deal with such a broken system in-game. Which am I supposed to believe? It's garbage. Two stuns fill the bar, but you aren't considering roots, snares, knockbacks, etc that I have SEEN STILL BEING USED ON ME AND OTHERS WHEN THE RESOLVE BAR IS DRAINING. You also don't take into account the fact that if your'e melee and you're playing anyone decent, you're probably getting focus fired.

Edited by LucisAbyssus

This is so out of date its not really that relevant now

What, pray tell, is out of date and irrelevant?

TANGENT: it would be nice to have a moderator that would move off topic posts (e.g. to a thread titled "I hate the resolve system" or "resolve qq"). This thread is suppose to be a discussion of what the mechanics are today, not whether you like them or not. Oh well, such is life on a discussion forum with practically no moderation/curation.

I was under the impression that the new resolve changes in 1.4 were supposed to prevent stun lock, not create it. I just recently started pvp'ing a lot and gearing my jugg, and there are times that I will be locked down completely the entire match. I am not talking about being the focus of the opposing team's fire; I can live with that being melee. But being stun locked completely is absolutely annoying.

To me it feels that they are moving in the right direction with balance (note I said moving, not quite there yet though) but this resolve "improvement" has created nothing but a bunch of people standing around with their mouths hanging open planted to the ground. Seriously needs to be fixed.

You know the REAL ISSUE are the ROOTS!

THERE is NO PROTECTION against Roots, and they DO NOT AFFECT resolve bar!

So even after Your Resolve bar is Full, you get rooted and can stand there for 10 - 20 seconds.

If you hold it out, or before that you usually get killed!

So If BioWare make the Roots affect, the Resolve Bar.

So you won't be able to get rooted after your resolve bar is full! There won't be such a big problem!!!

Also, there is problems with roots, because for 2 seconds of roots, you are actually stunned from most of the Roots!!

Playing SWTOR from when it come out, and have played many WZ to experience the effects of Resolve Bar

(which was supposed to get fixed, and to be hones it got more broken).

yeah, this thread is garbage. The only thing resolve works against now is getting blown back from the player. There are constant CC stuns one right after the other not to mention the absolute utter BS of force choke that does not respect resolve allowing not only the opponent to inflict huge damage but any other on the opposing team. There is also Master Strike; a very damaging move which grants immunity against CC. So when you have an OP flying monkey with neon di1d0s hit you with a considerable amount of damage that goes straight into Master Strike there is good chance that your blow back or CC is going to be wasted if used. So I guess the logical answer would be to CC after MS. Well then they get to use their Force Push move (whatever it is called) grounding u for a few seconds while they get to charge up to you for a massive blow. This is all garbage. The resolve system in this game is worthless Edited by GangstahLove

You know the REAL ISSUE are the ROOTS!

THERE is NO PROTECTION against Roots, and they DO NOT AFFECT resolve bar!

So even after Your Resolve bar is Full, you get rooted and can stand there for 10 - 20 seconds.

If you hold it out, or before that you usually get killed!

So If BioWare make the Roots affect, the Resolve Bar.

So you won't be able to get rooted after your resolve bar is full! There won't be such a big problem!!!

Also, there is problems with roots, because for 2 seconds of roots, you are actually stunned from most of the Roots!!

Playing SWTOR from when it come out, and have played many WZ to experience the effects of Resolve Bar

(which was supposed to get fixed, and to be hones it got more broken).

Stuns ARE a real issue as well, as I am constantly stun locked, for literally 15-20 seconds at a time sometimes or until dead. yes, roots are part of the issue as well, but it is absolutely ridiculous right now. The resolve changes fixed NOTHING and just now enabled a group to stun lock people at will. Absolute garbage.

Real issue is, they wanted to make something different only to say they're not copying. But the resolve system is garbage. This guide helps nothing, cos by the time your resolve is full you're dead twice. Plus some things that stuns you isnt affected by resolve like force chocke.

Its dumb that with some classes you need to have 5 arms with 7 fingers each hand to do something, and some class you only keep, force leap, knock back, force leap. (you're dead), if your not, force choke. GG. Perhaps resovle have some little use for classes that use heavy armor, for light armor, almost none.

Keep saying the only way it could work is with diminish or the lighter your armor faster your resolve is built and slower it decays.

Resolve is GARBAGE

Some moderator should unstick this topic. Resolve system was broken a year ago but Bioware succesfully made it worst.

Its not broken, simply this system is stupid, it do not work for the purpose it was created.

Edited by Benets

... with neon di1d0s ...

Ha, ha, ha :).

I didn't know this is the way we appear to you. It really does paint an interesting picture, but maybe that means that ladies appreciate us being there so much more :D.

Edited by JovethGonzalez

• 1 year later...

I find resolve to be... pardon this... F*CKING worthless! F*CKING WORTHLESS!!!

I mean, I can get 100% resolve and it even stays there. Does it give me the resistance or immunity to Stuns, CCs and pushes? NO FREAKING WAY it does! I get no resistance what so ever, the stinking reps or Imps VS Imps keep stunning, but reps become nearly unkillable on only 50% resolve!

GET RID OF THE USELESS RESOLVE BIOWARE! It is plain idiotic to let only the grassy Republic nuts get the benefits and leave the Imps stunned PERMANENTLY! Take away the crappy resolve, PLEASE!

I find resolve to be... pardon this... F*CKING worthless! F*CKING WORTHLESS!!!

I mean, I can get 100% resolve and it even stays there. Does it give me the resistance or immunity to Stuns, CCs and pushes? NO FREAKING WAY it does! I get no resistance what so ever, the stinking reps or Imps VS Imps keep stunning, but reps become nearly unkillable on only 50% resolve!

GET RID OF THE USELESS RESOLVE BIOWARE! It is plain idiotic to let only the grassy Republic nuts get the benefits and leave the Imps stunned PERMANENTLY! Take away the crappy resolve, PLEASE!

Imps get force lightning and more fire. It's only fair that Pubs get resolve benefits and you get permastunned, so you can't spam your jealousy-inducing animations at them.

RAWR

Seriously dude, I have never had a single issue with resolve, it works the exact same for every single person and it doesn't work at all like you described.

Also please stop using google for finding threads.

Edited by Zoom_VI

The OP makes a lot of sense. Thanks for posting the discussion about resolve and how to take advantage of it. Resolve is a great mechanic and I'm glad it exists. If you have a healer in your group keeping people who are being stunned all the time alive, you will start to see resolve really start to works its magic and become a difference maker (especially in huttball!).

The OP makes a lot of sense. Thanks for posting the discussion about resolve and how to take advantage of it. Resolve is a great mechanic and I'm glad it exists. If you have a healer in your group keeping people who are being stunned all the time alive, you will start to see resolve really start to works its magic and become a difference maker (especially in huttball!).

You realize the OP was written in 2011 and predates the 1.4 changes to resolve....

• 1 month later...

yep. this thread is irrelevant.

Stunned twice and full resolve bar? ODD... For the past few weeks I've been getting stunned up to 4 times and never getting full resolve, but SHOCK (sorcerer ability) has been granting people full resolve.

nothing broken here, move along.

yep. this thread is irrelevant.

Stunned twice and full resolve bar? ODD... For the past few weeks I've been getting stunned up to 4 times and never getting full resolve, but SHOCK (sorcerer ability) has been granting people full resolve.

nothing broken here, move along.

If this thread is irrelevant why did you necro it?

Also if you are stunned four times you will have full resolve, period.

Stop exaggerating