Talk me into either Sith Assassin or Juggernaut.

WarBandito

So this may seem like a silly subject but I have a terrible case of conflict ion and need external advice.

In short, Sith Juggernaut is easier. Hits hard, can take a beating and has some decent AOE and single target damage. Also nicer companions

Sith Assassin has a dual lightsaber and stealth. I do dislike dealing with trash mobs. And I like the dual Saber,

So far I’ve played both to the end of chapter 3, both are level 75 (both boosted) and so far I like them both for different reasons, Warrior Makes sense for simpler playstyle, Assassin makes sense for quicker missions and less bogging down.

I don’t PVP and don’t intend to.

I suppose what I’m looking for is more experience or suggestions around the later chapters, higher level mission content etc. Do trash mobs become frustratingly more common? Does Assassin become more squishy? Does stealth get weaker? Does the DPS of juggernaut get blunted against the higher levels? Perhaps the opposite - stealth gets better, Juggernaut gets stronger when not levelled down etc.

Experience needed mostly. One day I’m sure I’ll have an alt character, but so far I’ve tried them all and now it’s time to commit.

Experience needed mostly. One day I’m sure I’ll have an alt character, but so far I’ve tried them all and now it’s time to commit.

Justify. *Why* is it time to commit? Er, well, outside of "because I want to". As you've seen, the levelling XP curves are flat enough that having multiple characters of different classes (or even multiple characters of the *same* class) is entirely feasible.

But if you feel compelled to choose, only one person here can give you reliable advice on *what* to pick, and that person's user name is WarBandito. ;)

What I can offer is advice on a *process* to help you choose. Write down everything you like about each class, and everything you don't like, and what you'd miss if you didn't play that class or that character again. If you have it to hand, write all this down on acutal paper, so that it becomes more concrete and slightly harder to "erase without trace", but failing that, write it in Notepad or Word or whatever you have to hand on your computer.

The list itself isn't really so important, but the process of reflection and introspection that goes along with the list *is*. The list is there to inspire that reflection.

In the end, you'll decide that you prefer one or that you prefer the other, but don't *reject* the conclusion that the decision is too finely balanced, and that you continue with both. (I'm not saying "do choose that", just "don't reject it just because it's that".)

Can only talk for myself, but I've played Jugganaut since launch and I've played all the other classes as well. But I keep returning to the Jugganaut (even though my first character was a Sorcerer) and it's simply the most fun class and dicipline IMHO! It has the qualities you mention, it's hardhitting, and can defo take a beating! I really prefer it because it always allows for an offday or absentmindedness (it's forgiving that way) because of its survivability and its amazing Procs. I really enjoy the Story, the voiceactor and the outfits aswell as the entire visual aspect.

All that said and done. I'd recommend you to choose the look and feel which suits you best, and not worry too much about the 'meta' and minutia. Just my 2 creds :)

Hope that helps somewhat! Have fun :D

Thanks guys.

In response to the first reply, I’m not so much looking for the best or meta, rather trying to understand what comes next in the storyline. If I am to face an endless stream of increasing fodder enemies to wade through for example I’d be inclined to go Assassin to stealth last them. If I’m to face much harder hitting enemies (scales in comparison to earlier missions) then likely Jugg would serve me better.

So you see ifs let on what is best, more about asking what I will face in the long run of the stories and then I pick either one based on that.

Hmm. OK. Well, in that case, you can *still* choose according to other things than your concern, because provided you learn them well, there's nothing that will really be able to stop you piling through any PvE content, even the toughest.

OK, yes, you do have to learn them well, but that's the same for *any* "which of these two should I play" question.

Back to what you asked, though. Yes, there will be an unending sequence of cannon-fodder grade foes, with tougher nuts from time to time, and sometimes the stealther will *not* be able to stealth past the cannon fodder mobs:

* Some have stealth detection of one sort or another (although it's not continuous and it's clearly visible).

* Some have "anti-stealth" locks, where you end up in combat regardless.

* Some are immediately behind a cinematic and you immediately enter combat afterwards.

But both classes can deal with all that - if you think about it, it *must* be that way. (Personally, I prefer at least some of the time using stealth to set up fights so they begin the way *I* want, especially on a Shadow, where the "surprise attack" ability is, er, a Boot To The Head(1).)

(1) Apologies to The Frantics. https://genius.com/Frantics-ti-kwan-leep-lyrics

Having played through all of the reasonable variations of Assassin and Juggernaut (all 3 specs of both classes, with male and female genders - I have not yet taken leave of my little remaining sanity to play through with each body type), I find that the Assassin has more flexibility. Where the Jugg has to wade through blood and guts to get to their objective, the Sin has the choice of wading through blood or sneaking past the trash.

Depending on where BW apply the nerf bat or the buff salve, one or the other is more or less popular in PUGs for endgame content, but for Guild runs it does not seem to make too much difference as long as you know the fights and rotations. Plus even for PUGs at the moment, the endgame content seems to be within the capabilities of both classes. But for speed runs the Sin again comes out on top because you can stealth past the trash.

From a storyline perspective, both are identical once you get beyond Corellia, and I guess you have already done the Korriban - Corellia part at least once on each. However, if not then this is the area where I would say the Jugg has a better time. Both give a different perspective on the overall Sith experience, but the Assassin/Inquisitor approach of "let's do this... that didn't work and now I am on the verge of death... so let's do more of what brought me to this state and see if it helps" seems assinine.

Companion-wise, you have already pegged Jugg as the better option. I would run far to get away from the ******* crazy DS Jaesa (every time I roll a Warrior, I decide this will be the time I go LS with her... and every time I fail. Maybe next time... I hate myself for doing it, but it is the Sith way....). As for the Sin, I keep going back again and again because I just love the interaction with my morose monster every time. Although with Vette and Pierce, plus the chance to torture Quinn again means I would roll a Jugg for the companion interaction.

So basically, I have a 2 -2 scoreline, which probably doesn't help much, but it does make me want to roll another Jugg and play through from level 1 again...

• 1 month later...

Sin, nuff said

basically think of Spider-Man v the bully in his high school, Flash. Ok, enough RP

If you want 1000 tricks up you sleeve, and NEED 1000 tricks up your sleeve = Sin

If you want a class that a friend of mine plays from Perth Australia (600ms lag) and does very well because it's a kinda faceroll class and depends on classic WoW tank stats = Jugg

Both look ******

• 2 weeks later...

Assassin is probably a better all-around choice (very flexible toolset, stealth is a huge advantage on its own). It is very functional and has a lot of tricks up the sleeve. But to me, it just doesn't feel right. It looks like a melee sorcerer with tons of "magic" effects, so I guess go for it, if that's your thing and you don't mind hearing the zapping lightning sounds almost every second.

But Juggernaut, aesthetically, is pure win to me. Better story. Better voice (bonus - male Jugg sounds fantastic with the new Darth Malgus mask). Better companions (Vette, Pierce, Quinn whom we love to hate). Combat animations feel more impactful, more satisfying - regardless of actual numbers, the visual and sound effects make it look like your hits are *painful*, sharp - especially Crushing Blow, Backhand, Choke into Push into Charge into talented Vicious Throw. Having enemies kill themselves on saber reflect is super satisfying, too. Oh, if only I had the old Ravage animation...

Also, a geared Juggernaut with the Grit Teeth tactical is nigh-unkillable (under usual circumstances).

Edited by Helig

• 3 weeks later...