Why are people allowed to sell Rep vendor decorations on GTN?

JimG

Typically, Rep vendor items have not been allowed to be re-sold on the GTN. With the decorations, they all seem to be allowed to be re-sold on the GTN. The items still use require the proper Rep level to use....so anyone buying them would be able to get them off the Rep vendor anyway....and they are useless to anyone who doesn't have the proper Rep level. As a result, I'm not sure why people are wasting time trying to re-sell these things on the GTN (unless they are hoping to dupe someone into buying it for higher than the vendor price) but the market is flooded with these things. It's really becoming a pain to search through the decorations lists on the GTN via price because half of the entries are these Rep items, which obviously people aren't buying because they can just buy it off the Rep vendor. Please get these Rep vendor items off the GTN as they should not able to be re-sold anyway.

Basically the reason is as the previous poster mentioned.

There is a market for these items, and since they can be resold, those that have a lot of certificates or contracts or comms or whatever kind of required token, will jump in to fill the hole this demand creates by those having ample credits and a recurring case of token shortage.

Edited by LeJarC

I find the sheer multitude of basic chairs on there far more irritating from a scrolling standpoint. It's like 6 pages at any given time, who is buying basic chairs for 20k when they come from a vendor for 250??

I've seen people pissed about rep items being listed, but it mostly comes from people who weren't smart enough to read and bought them without realizing they needed the rep.

I find the sheer multitude of basic chairs on there far more irritating from a scrolling standpoint. It's like 6 pages at any given time, who is buying basic chairs for 20k when they come from a vendor for 250??

I've seen people pissed about rep items being listed, but it mostly comes from people who weren't smart enough to read and bought them without realizing they needed the rep.

Yeah, that's something that got me wondering when the GSH was first released too... who in their right mind would buy that when they can get them for free even, by just leveling a character up to 15 and doing the quest again?

Yeah, I fell for it once. I bought a Voss casket. I was ticked off, but you know what? It forced me to grind the rep for those nuisances. I hated the Voss enough, that I didn't want anything to do with them, but I liked the casket enough, to do it. Not a problem.