Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Umbara Stronghold Exploit

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Burgdawg
09.03.2017 , 08:37 PM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by fire-breath View Post
Lol ..... The excuses i see in this thread

Its a badly written Line of code. Why should i be punished for the mistakes bioware had made?

Using an exploit means you are using an exploit. It doesnt matter how bad a job bioware may have done.
Good example is that my bike has been stolen with my Keys in IT. Silly mistake on my part? Sure IT was. Was the thief performing a crime? According to a few people in here apparently not.
There's a difference between "oh, we messed up the sell and buy back prices on an item that you buy with tokens thus making it possible to sell and buy back an item a thousand times to make two thousand credits" this is "we tried to make an area off limits and forgot to disable the bloody summoning mechanic, oh and btw, if you use the game as intended you can't ever view public listings unless you run the fp." How dense can you get?

And yes, if you leave the keys in your bike, stealing it is still a crime, but on the other hand you bloody deserve it
Mace Windu: "I'm a prophet. I can see the future..." Thug: "Sure you can. What do you see?" Mace Windu: "You. Bleeding." ―Mace Windu and a very unfortunate thug

Sareeph
09.03.2017 , 09:33 PM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by Burgdawg View Post
There's a difference between "oh, we messed up the sell and buy back prices on an item that you buy with tokens thus making it possible to sell and buy back an item a thousand times to make two thousand credits" this is "we tried to make an area off limits and forgot to disable the bloody summoning mechanic, oh and btw, if you use the game as intended you can't ever view public listings unless you run the fp." How dense can you get?

And yes, if you leave the keys in your bike, stealing it is still a crime, but on the other hand you bloody deserve it

Quote: Originally Posted by Quraswren View Post
I'm curious as well.

Last night there were offers everywhere to summon you there for a mere 2 million credits per person. They were building groups and summoning in mass.

I'm curious to see what happens to the so called exploiters. Will it be a simple 7 day ban? Will they have the SH taken away and thats it? You going to track down the credits that changed hands as well?

I'm excited and curious about the so called actions bw will take given the community doesn't seem to really care given it's a SH and the poor implementation in how it was added to start with.
As stated above, people were consciously exploiting for exploits sake and not just trying to view a stronghold behind a wall. Forget about the ones charging for a second, who would pay 2 mil credits just to view a stronghold? As to a reason why they might put the terminal behind a wall.

Quote: Originally Posted by supertimtaf View Post
Well, easier to code a door that requires a specific item to be opened and a different terminal that requires 5k credits for purchasing AND reactivating the SH.
I doubt they figured how to make a purchase with credits AND a specific currency while making the reactivation cost only with credit. It was easier to do the door thing, but as people showed them, it wasn't the best choice to do.
Remember what a somewhat famous Jedi said ? The easy way leads to Sloth, who leads to the Dark Side. è_é

Asmodesu
09.05.2017 , 02:30 AM | #73
I hate bumping this but
There are many people whispering others who may be in their stronghold or just randomly hoping to use this exploit. I've recieved 6 of such whispers, asking for help getting to the SH room in under an hour tonight.

DieAlteHexe
09.05.2017 , 02:55 AM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by Asmodesu View Post
I hate bumping this but
There are many people whispering others who may be in their stronghold or just randomly hoping to use this exploit. I've recieved 6 of such whispers, asking for help getting to the SH room in under an hour tonight.
Yeah, I've been getting a few myself. I can honestly reply; not there yet and they leave me be. But they're trying.
---------------------------------------------------------------

-- It's the journey, not the destination. --

Quraswren
09.05.2017 , 10:32 AM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by Sareeph View Post
As stated above, people were consciously exploiting for exploits sake and not just trying to view a stronghold behind a wall. Forget about the ones charging for a second, who would pay 2 mil credits just to view a stronghold? As to a reason why they might put the terminal behind a wall.
Oh I know but the whole way they announced the SH and then delivered it was all wrong. Just another mistake from bw.

However, I'm still curious as to what punishment the players will receive for doing the exploit as well as the ones selling access to it and if I'm right on my prediction of it being nothing more than a feathers tap on the wrist as punishment (if that), as they get to keep the SH anyway after a weeks ban from the game. (as if that was real punishment for doing the exploit).
Current subscriber: Refer code: http://www.swtor.com/r/t4QfLH
What you get: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

kodrac
09.05.2017 , 12:35 PM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by dscount View Post
You know.. if they just gave a stack of cartel coins to some of the known exploiters I'm sure they could find these bugs for you on PTS no problem in advance of go live. LOL
That would imply BW actually listens to PTS feedback LOL.
One FREE character transfer -> CLICKY plus 7 days FREE -> FAQ

Typhaos
09.05.2017 , 04:06 PM | #77
This is stupid, all you have to do is do a new flashpoint several times. Why use exploit over such minor obstacle?

Andryah
09.05.2017 , 05:52 PM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by DieAlteHexe View Post
Yeah, I've been getting a few myself. I can honestly reply; not there yet and they leave me be. But they're trying.
This is likely exploiters who think they can cloud the data and analytics on the studio side by trying to lure/fool other players into tapping the exploit. To create confusion, false positives, complaints of being duped after a players falls for it and gets banned, etc. etc.

They appear to try to do this with just about every exploit... but it does not appear to have stopped the studio from running scripts and build a ban list. I'm sure it does create some false positives, or at least the appearance of it.

As exploits in MMOs go.. this one is pretty silly to take advantage of. There is nothing to be gained by it except maybe save some time in getting ahold of a stronghold.. which frankly most players should have already qualified for if they actually want it.
Current use of smartphones and computers have already become such a part of who we are to which he sees them as an extension of everyday life that makes us “cyborgs. Further, AI is a serious potential risk to the future of humanity.
- Elon Musk

orangenee
09.05.2017 , 05:57 PM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by Typhaos View Post
This is stupid, all you have to do is do a new flashpoint several times. Why use exploit over such minor obstacle?
Path of least resistance, it's human nature.
SWTOR Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/Kqsyhb #FreeMalgus #MarrReborn

scardera
09.05.2017 , 07:53 PM | #80
So YOU know there is an exploit you choose NOT to fix and you will take action against players? how about you take actions against your own stupidity and lazyness?