Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Umbara Stronghold Exploit

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TUXs
08.30.2017 , 02:50 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeweledleah View Post
Eric. consider placing the terminal on fleet next to other terminals and simple disable purchase button on it. consider making that traders quarters key instead an actual stronghold key. the fact that this stronghold cannot be visited through normal means is just... what is the polite word I'm looking for... strange. odd.
Stupid. The word you're looking for is stupid.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Xchika
08.30.2017 , 02:53 PM | #12
Pretty simple fix.. put the same requirement on the terminal/purchase button

Jeweledleah
08.30.2017 , 03:06 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Stupid. The word you're looking for is stupid.
I was trying to be polite :P

although

Quote: Originally Posted by benmas View Post
poor design choice?
seems pretty polite, so I'll go with that :P

but seriously though making this stronghold completely unaccesible to see through usual ingame means is a very questionable decision, in a series of questionable decisions surrounding this particular stronghold, starting with 2 week grind just to get acess to the terminal and ending with having to disable another stornghold to be able to decorate this one, with the excuse of "conquest bonus and we don't like strongholds filled with chairs to hit that bonus" as if somehow keeping it at 150% stops all the people who decorated their existing strongholds with chairs and commemorative meat trees from continuing to do so in their existing strongholds....

decorating and conquest should have been separate from the start.

fushnchips
08.30.2017 , 03:43 PM | #14
Wonder how many sneaky crows ended up doing this lol
Pineapple on Pizza for life

Free stuff for you and me click here : Refer a Friend

GrimTheGlutt
08.30.2017 , 03:52 PM | #15
No point in being summoned there anyway, you'll just get the same message as people who get there legitimately -

"You can only have 6 strongholds active at any one time. Please deactivate one of your strongholds in order to buy this one."

Stupid decision - up the SH count! Just give everyone 150% discount and decouple it from conquest.

BlueWanderer
08.30.2017 , 03:55 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
This is correct. To clarify for any confusion, the exploit is someone Guild Ship Summoning you into the room where you purchase the Stronghold. This room requires an "Invitation: Trader's Quarters" to access normally. Being summoned into the room currently ignores that requirement, allowing you to purchase the Stronghold without the required currency or access.

-eric
So the exploit is using a flagship summons to get into a room that should be blocked unless you bought the access.

Access to that room/terminal gives you the ability to view public listings for the SH and visit those publicly listed strongholds. It is the only way, I know of, to access the public listings. Are you saying that just doing that is an exploit? (well, yes, you are saying that, but do you really mean it?)

Sharkhonn
08.30.2017 , 04:02 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by BlueWanderer View Post
So the exploit is using a flagship summons to get into a room that should be blocked unless you bought the access.

Access to that room/terminal gives you the ability to view public listings for the SH and visit those publicly listed strongholds. It is the only way, I know of, to access the public listings. Are you saying that just doing that is an exploit? (well, yes, you are saying that, but do you really mean it?)
The point is not viewing the public listings then maybe visiting one, the point is gaining access to that room without actually earning it will allow those to purchase the SH. I seriously doubt they start handing out punishments if all you did was view the SH.

I do agree with most that this was a very poor implemented series of events that just seam to be getting worse.

aerockyul
08.30.2017 , 04:05 PM | #18
I highly, highly, highly doubt anyone complaining about this was "just looking at the public listings" and that was all the intent they had. If that was true, the guildie who summoned you could have just given you a key to theirs so you could see it before buying it.
Keeya, Kaytee'rox, Lill'ya, Kahntara Odessis, Selauna, Vaisis, Akhalann
Ayasi, Altheeka, Eko'va Jaista, Namie Amuro, Misphire
Con Dar Blood Rage | Harb | The Littner Legacy |
F2P/Pref and want to be heard in the forums?

Jeweledleah
08.30.2017 , 04:10 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by aerockyul View Post
I highly, highly, highly doubt anyone complaining about this was "just looking at the public listings" and that was all the intent they had. If that was true, the guildie who summoned you could have just given you a key to theirs so you could see it before buying it.
my guild is dead. and no i didn't use the exploit and i haven't finished grinding the data yet, because I don't want to deactivate any of my existing strongholds. for me - the only way to even see this stronghold is via video. which is NOT the same as seeing it in person. oh and btw? keys are limited. you cannot just keep giving them away without removing a few people first.

I would say that most people complaining about the way this stronghold was set up, are NOT the people who participated in an exploit.

masterceil
08.30.2017 , 04:44 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by -Bob- View Post
So, you're going to reset conquest again tomorrow?
This. What are the odds that this won't fk with Conquest?
Appreciate the help/snark in the above post? Click here to help me out!
~{ Celestial Argonauts }~
~{ Celestial Dreadnauts }~