Curse of the Two Ship Team Mates

HuaRya

Does anyone else have the uncanny ability to frequently be on the team with the most two ship players?

Anyone else eyeball both teams at the beginning of the match to see who has the most two ship players on their team?

Anyone starting to tally how many matches they lose when your team had the most two ship players?

I am seeing more and more players that can't fly and clock up something like 8 deaths for 2 assist in an entire match.

Now I have two ideas about this first is that they are just useless and should box up their PC and take it to the charity shop cause anything that requires reflexes or basic hand to eye co-ordination isn't for them and they should find a pursuit that is more fitting such as chasing parked cars.

The second is that they are in reality supporting the other side. They are letting themselves be killed or killing themselves if they can't find anyone to kill them just to make their side lose.

Either way it makes an average experience painful as you are in effect ships down the entire fight making it an up hill battle. What I would love to know is if these people know how bad they are. Some of it can be put down to piss poor ships but not all of it. Do they look at a kill to death ratio of 1/8th and not wonder if either the game is too heavily weighted against them or its just not for them and quit.

Bioware in its wisdom decided to make GSF have no PvE option to train and get better, to stagger the launch so subs would have an advantage and then further reduce the reward for f2p so even if they didn't suck would take a long time to equip their ships. But do these people realise that it isn't a case of learn to play they are in effect taking up a space of someone that can add more to the battle and therefore making the fight harder for everyone else on their team as they fly into rocks and in straight lines at gunships so they can be one shoted.

We all have to start somewhere. I started SWTOR having never played an MMO before. I still remember thinking my buff was worthless because it didn't seem to do anything. Having no concept of rotation or energy management. Now I do decent in HM/NiM ops. They hard thing for new players is they don't have a single player option to learn and practice.

If you find yourself with a bunch of new or inexperienced people don't fault them. Just use the match to practice being effective while at a disadvantage. It is really satisfying when you can still be productive (get kills/capture objectives) while under constant fire and missile locks. You can always do well and have fun even when your team loses the match.

I only bring two ships with me to battle

A mastered Flashfire and Novadive.

lol, that's great. It would be awesome to remove ships from the load-out and enter with less than 5. I would take out everything and just have my Flashfire. They only time I fly something else is when it's an obvious blowout or I forget to change ships.

lol, that's great. It would be awesome to remove ships from the load-out and enter with less than 5. I would take out everything and just have my Flashfire. They only time I fly something else is when it's an obvious blowout or I forget to change ships.

You can do that already. Hence I only have two scouts in my loadout.

The funny thig is that I play both factions on the same sever, and so often I seem to get in with the team that mostly has 2-3 ships vs teams that are loaded.

Of course, it may be a lot of observer bias because I take extra note when I am about to be bent over like that.

wow, access has been dramatically expanded. more people are jumping in to experience GSF, starting at the base of that learning curve, and you're epically butthurt about a few losses?

I, for one, welcome our new, financially stingy teammates! I hope they ignore trolls like you and stick with it until they get over that learning curve.

You can do that already. Hence I only have two scouts in my loadout.

Please enlighten me (or us, rather) on how to do this, I'd love to get rid of the ships I dont fly.

Personally, I have some characters that still only have 2 ships, and I still kick some serious behind with them. A lot of times people will join a match with me, see that I (and others) only have 2 ships compared to their 4-5, and start complaining about noobs and how we're going to lose because we have so many people with stock ships.

Then I go on to top the leaderboards, getting double their kills/assists, usually no deaths, and putting the sock right in their mouths for complaining =P

Here's one such match:

http://oi59.tinypic.com/5z4m4n.jpg

That's on my bounty hunter, who was using a -completely stock- rycer strike fighter for that entire match. He has no upgrades to the ship at all.

Before you queue (important!!) go to that little bar that's center bottom on the part of the screen showing your craft. That bar is the ships you are taking into battle, you can drag ships right off of it to remove them. You can also rearrange the order and such so that you can pick your default starter ship.

Before you queue (important!!) go to that little bar that's center bottom on the part of the screen showing your craft. That bar is the ships you are taking into battle, you can drag ships right off of it to remove them. You can also rearrange the order and such so that you can pick your default starter ship.

Thanks, something so simple yet unless you happen to accidently do it you have no idea. They really botched the interface with GSF I think, not even a tutorial or handbook to tell you what's what.

Anyways, I'm a one ship player now, so take that two-ship curse =P Only ship I take into battle now is my enforcer.

They really botched the interface with GSF I think, not even a tutorial or handbook to tell you what's what.

Oh the irony.

(There is a tutorial, it's just hidden away enough that tons of people miss it. I dunno, I thought it was pretty obvious, but...)

Oh the irony.

(There is a tutorial, it's just hidden away enough that tons of people miss it. I dunno, I thought it was pretty obvious, but...)

I know about the tutorial, but even that doesnt really explain half of the stuff that GSF involves, and it doesnt cover the hangar interface at all.

the othe rnight got a pop,

12 v 12

10 of our 12 were two shippers. me and one other i know to be experienced also.

Other team had 11 with 5 ships, and 1 with 4 ships.

Did i bail nope, used this time to try and teach the newbies some tips between my deaths.

thankfully that match make rarely happens but instead of leaving, or bashing them, help them with a few seconds of ya time, i too am one of them that started at beginning and a fairly decent pilot but at start i averaged 3000 damage finishing in bottom 3 every match and i learned. But at that point EVERYONE was inexperienced so its not exaclty same situration and thats why i try to help them,

i remember 1 guy i helped in his 1st couple of matches and now is a damn good pilot. better that then let someone die none stop against experienced players and leave GSF for good, we lose too many of these noobs will effect us all so i hope some of u that get that 2ship curse team mates, help them.

Removing ships completely from your ready bar wasn't available until this last patch.

Before, you could only swap ships out if you had more than 5 but now you can freely populate your bar.

I am going to assume (since we have no definitive word on it) that the matchmaking system takes into account all of the ships that are available to you (via your ready bar) in a match and queues you accordingly.

So, if you get a new ship with no upgrades and you want to work on it but do not want to face off against fully mastered vessels, you can pull all of your highly upgraded ships from your bar and be matched accordingly with your new ship.

This is just an assumption, however.

[quote=mattycutts;7183643

thankfully that match make rarely happens .

Then you are lucky. Its the norm on my server, I infact know the names of the Republic Aces far better than I know the name of any imperial Aces. Cause it turns out getting facerolled again and again and again while you try and teach people how to play while your clocking up defeats wasn't nearly as much fun as advertised and they wise up and quit. Its not like a few credits its worth makes up for the fun of being ganked.

If people want to be ganked and that's how they like to spend their free time fine, but for people that want to win its such an up hill battle with people that don't find it fun and the GSF is hardly rewarding beyond a few credits its pointless to the rest of the game.

BW need to fix this and I got to wonder just what these noobs get out of it as well, very very little requisition and just basically offering easy content to others. It isn't any sense of achievement unless you consider losing and flying back and to you cap ship as an achievement. I can't see they will ever play long enough to get decent ships or any good, or that's not their intent and they are just republic players alts helping their main characters friends out offering easy wins.

Yeah, first thing I did after 2.6 was putting all ships except my NovaDive away. :)

Maybe now I look like some dummy newbie who accidentally pulled his Star Guard from the bar, but I prove the other way in the match :p

And TBH, as people above said, two-shippers aren't bad for business. When I see that my team has lots of them, I imagine that worst case scenario is getting lots of practice under pressure. It is even more fun. Lots of the two shippers aren't actually bad pilots, some of them even ask questions during matches, and there is no bigger pleasure than answering them and seeing them grow better and better in every match.

If you care about your K/D or W/L ratios that much that you can't handle some newbies pulling your team down, you are playing a bad game, I think. GSF seems to be more like a casual and relaxing shooter, something more competitive would suit you better.

GSF seems to be more like a casual and relaxing shooter, something more competitive would suit you better.

I politely disagree with this (I posted my comparison to Flashpoints and Operations in another thread). Let's see the points which are, in this subforum, repeated over and again:

- Steep learning curve

- Huge differences in individual skill

- Necessity of teamwork (Premades vs PuGs)

- Necessity to use more than one type of ship in order to counter another type of ship (RPS)

- Last but not least, non-existent matchmaking (probably due to small player pool)

All these things, at least to me, speak the opposite of casual and relaxing. "Ranked, not Regular".

Guess I should've prefaced: players with only a scout and a fighter

And my solution is instantly leaving. No need to mess up the paint on my max geared sting, mangler, and half max geared B-4D Legion.

Funny, often times my best matches are those in which I'm teamed with a bunch of 2-ship noobs. Probably because I'm an ace pilot and get all the kills while they struggle =P

Does anyone else have the uncanny ability to frequently be on the team with the most two ship players?

Anyone else eyeball both teams at the beginning of the match to see who has the most two ship players on their team?

Anyone starting to tally how many matches they lose when your team had the most two ship players?

There is a factional imbalance. Let me guess you have the uncanny ability to always land on the team that has all the new players with 2 ships. You also have the uncanny ability to lose like 90% of your games. And as a last wild guess you have the uncanny ability to be imperial as well right? I am an imp and I am in the same boat. The devs need to balance it.