Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR will not start after launcher?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
SWTOR will not start after launcher?

OwenBrooks
10.04.2015 , 06:58 PM | #11
Does it start on the intel card ?

Nexomni
10.04.2015 , 07:28 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
Dos it start on the intel card ?
I tried booting with intel it does not, same problem. Launcher just disappears after pressing play with no game booting.

OwenBrooks
10.04.2015 , 07:33 PM | #13
If you create a new windows administrator account , and try to launch the game there , any change ?

can delete the this windows account later as just for test

Nexomni
10.04.2015 , 08:03 PM | #14
If you create a new windows administrator account , and try to launch the game there , any change ?

can delete the this windows account later as just for test
Seems making another account is a little trickier with Windows 10, needs to have it's own email etc, or should I try a local account?

Nexomni
10.04.2015 , 08:07 PM | #15
Never mind I figured it out testing now.

OwenBrooks
10.04.2015 , 08:11 PM | #16
Just complicate things , there is a launcher update getting released today and this forum is being closed and a new forum open at Answer HQ today http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=838120

just wanted to mention so its not a "Surprise"

Nexomni
10.04.2015 , 08:12 PM | #17
Made a new Admin account tried to launch game, same issue. Launcher just disappears and no game boots.

Nexomni
10.04.2015 , 08:13 PM | #18
Just complicate things , there is a launcher update getting released today and this forum is being closed and a new forum open at Answer HQ today http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=838120

just wanted to mention so its not a "Surprise"
Ah ok thanks for the heads up Owen! I am truly dumbfounded about this problem I have literally tried everything that has been suggested to no avail

OwenBrooks
10.04.2015 , 08:17 PM | #19
ok this pretty much eliminates a game setting

Was it this particular directx redist you installed from the steps in the other thread ? - http://www.microsoft.com/en-au/downl...s.aspx?id=8109 the web setup option wont help

maybe also try clean install of both the Intel drivers and Nvidia drivers , remove both , install the intel first , reboot then the NVidia initially

In most cases the intel driver is the controlling driver to hand to the Nvidia driver, but given it doesn't work on both drivers makes it unlikely to be driver but still need to try just in case there is something related.

OwenBrooks
10.04.2015 , 08:19 PM | #20
What Antivirus are you using ?